World of Warcraft: Current Year

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I'll join in for your hoodrat stuff. Will you be on mumble to explain the shit to me so I don't become LVP of the LFR?
Yea I think you'd have to try to die. The healers in my LFR were laughing and DPSing.

1 sentence guides.

Tanks: swap on 2nd stack of [whatever], drag Brack to blue mushroom range so melee get buffed and boss dies faster.
DPS: Lead Kargath into fire to stop his berserker rush, stack up anywhere with other DPS for Butcher, and always prioritize adds before Brackenspore.
Heals: lol. heal mushrooms on the Brack fight.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
LFR is tourist mode if you have a pulse, your monitor is turned on and you are capable of banging your keyboard like a drunk seal you probably will be fine.

That said I have no problem with easy mode LFR its great for people without the time/patience to do the harder raids and allows anybody who wants to see all the raid content to do so. You also get some decent upgrades between heroic dungeons and normal raids so allows you to ease yourself into normal raiding if you find LFR fun and want to try something more challenging. Also good for working on your lengendary ring.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Oh, I might do the LFR stuff during the day on the weekends for the ring stuff. Forgot about that. I'm 0 for 2 on the abrogator stone garrison missions. Stupid shit.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Top 3 dps.. a 648 monk, a 658 moonkin, and a 638 ret pal with a 630 weapon. Lol?

The pal at 22k beat me by 15%. I have the same ilvl but 645 weapon.

Nerf hunters.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
On what? Butcher? I don't think it's a huge deal for a ret pally to be king DPS on a race fight like that considering how much we drop on any fight with movement required.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Tell me about it, movement butchers my dps as a warlock, my already lower threshold than other classes dps.

I think our last normal butcher I managed to pull 19-20k though.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
what ilvl is LFR stuff? Is it an upgrade from Heroic (as in, should I be running it as a parallel gearing option)?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Well the best gear in the game (aka the only shit that you can itemize to your spec) is crafted shit with the deal to upgrade it to raid quality gear. Highmaul is the most poorly itemized raid I think I've ever seen.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Highmaul is pretty much the MSV of WoD, all it is there for, is to get you geared for Blackrock Foundry, where the actual loot will start dropping lol
Like MSV was for HoF & TOES

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
They discussed raid itemization in an interview a while back. The basics of it are that yes, starter raids are intentionally itemized poorly, because if they came right out of the gate with the best itemization, then that leaves them with no where to go for future raids aside from +3% more of the exact same stats per piece, which they consider boring.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The downside of that is I got a couple normal mode pieces that are arguably worth it when I have crafted epics even though they are lower item level given the ones I got from highmaul last week had a ton of versatility on them but my crafted ones actually have stats useful for boomkin.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Halving the AP granted by primary stats really seems counterintuitive with their "equip pieces that are higher ilvl immediatly without having to think!" desires. High-value STR/AGI would help push the value of higher ilvl loot. As it stands, crafted Multi/Mastery loot at ilvl 665 beats the pants off of Mythic Highmaul for about half of the slots for Unholy DK. When STR is worth less than twice as much as a secondary stat, it becomes really important to have the right secondary stats on an item.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
They could do kinda like what d3 did, where certain slots can only roll certain secondaries. Like say your chest and gloves and boots can roll multistrike, but they cant roll mastery no matter what, while legs, helm and rings can roll mastery and versatility but cant roll multistrike. Eventually you end up with balanced stats across the board instead of lopsiding all to the two best secondaries.

Grayson Carlyle

Golden Squire
Halving the AP granted by primary stats really seems counterintuitive with their "equip pieces that are higher ilvl immediatly without having to think!" desires. High-value STR/AGI would help push the value of higher ilvl loot. As it stands, crafted Multi/Mastery loot at ilvl 665 beats the pants off of Mythic Highmaul for about half of the slots for Unholy DK. When STR is worth less than twice as much as a secondary stat, it becomes really important to have the right secondary stats on an item.
They halved the AP, but they quadrupled the DPS you get from AP. Str was worth less than Crit in MoP for Warriors. Every main stat was worth much less than double any secondary, that's why no one used main stat gems in their gear except for socket bonuses. Now, it's much closer to mainstat = 2x secondary stats than it was before, though usually in the range of 40-60%.

-edit-
Actually, I think you're talking out your ass. Every stat weight I can find for Unholy has Str almost 2.5x multistrike, your second best.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's definitely not like that for all classes. MM Hunter is like 0.55 crit, 0.53 multistrike, 0.51 versatility to 1.0 agi.

On the other hand, Highmaul mail has crit on every slot except helm (and the MC one works just fine there) so not every class gets screwed by the first tier of loot stats either.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Actually, I think you're talking out your ass. Every stat weight I can find for Unholy has Str almost 2.5x multistrike, your second best.
Noxxic definitely has STR at 2.5x Multistrike.

Except Noxxic is garbage.

You shouldn't be using a set of gear-irrelevant stat-weights, and rather be actively simming/testing your character, as values change based on gear level. Strength is still your best stat, but it's not best-stat enough to justify giving up 100 of top-tier secondary for 10-20 strength. For BiS simming for T17, Spoonybard has some good infodumps and runs updated tests frequently. At Highmaul Mythic Gear ilvl, strength's impact on DPS is less than double your secondary stat's impact, while Multi and Mastery are still nearly double or more the impact of shit like Versatility and Haste (Before factoring in that, as a melee, Haste actually performs worse in real life than it sims at a higher disparity than the other stats).

On the plus side, SimC-derived runs were valuing Mastery too highly due to a coding issue allowing it to double dip on Scourge Strike, so on ST, Mastery's weights should be down closer to Crit now, making the Multi/Crit gear more appealing than previously.

Also, RE: MOP Primary VS Secondary balance. People didn't gem primary stat (and several class still *did* at multiple points in the patch cycle), because Primary Stat *gems* had half the stats of Secondary Stat gems, in a direct bid by Blizzard to get people to stop gemming straight primary stats; not because the primary stat itself was worse than the secondary stat on a point per point basis.

As a Windwalker Monk in MoP, our gemming oscillated from Mastery/Crit Gems (Major mastery tuning during the first tier lead to some flopping), to Magical Technicolor Gem Coat in ToT (Rune of Reorigination wonderfun stat balancing), to Pure Agi Gems in SoO (Being at 100% crit chance with Windsong procs before factoring in Gems was mildly amusing).

There is a DK spec where you just straight up equip your highest ilvl piece of gear though! 2handed Frost, The Spec That Refuses To Scale.
smile.png