World of Warcraft: Current Year

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah at least for my server we always had an Alliance guild one step ahead of us in PVE and it wasn't for a lack of trying. We had way too many shaman and no fear ward. Then I switched to alliance. I'm still an alliance tard too. Obviously going to go wherever people are but I'd rather be on that side all things being equal.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
WTB Imperator kill. I've repped him to the final phase enough to sleep through the fight as its nowhere near as complex as it looks, but those groups fell apart hard at second intermission because of so many fails bleeding the healers dry. He'll be puggable when people start asking for 660 ilevel for normals.

At least I can go back and knock out korgath/butcher in gimp mode easily enough.

Heroic pugs are already asking for 20k, which I can't hit at 640 reliably because I'm not a ret pal. I need to train myself to keep better sniper training uptime, after a year of running in circles without a fuck given.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Horde got world first Ragnaros. I assume Alliance got Nefarian since it was so fear based. Honestly the biggest issue is UD warriors were so rare on horde side to MT fear oriented fights. I was the only UD warrior in my guild and I didn't switch to warrior until well after we had BWL on farm.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Heroic pugs are already asking for 20k, which I can't hit at 640 reliably because I'm not a ret pal. I need to train myself to keep better sniper training uptime, after a year of running in circles without a fuck given.
I can only hit 17k on my iLvl 638 MM Hunter in heroic hm...and that's if I'm paying attention and not dancing around. Mostly PEBKAC from being really green at actual raids. Almost 650 Hunter (dunno spec or gear, he's not showing up on armory) was dead on 20k all night last night. I was within .5% of the other top hunter tho. Had some douche in vent telling hunters that we lost no dps by moving. WTF is with some of these retards.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can only hit 17k on my iLvl 638 MM Hunter in heroic hm...and that's if I'm paying attention and not dancing around. Mostly PEBKAC from being really green at actual raids. Almost 650 Hunter (dunno spec or gear, he's not showing up on armory) was dead on 20k all night last night. I was within .5% of the other top hunter tho. Had some douche in vent telling hunters that we lost no dps by moving. WTF is with some of these retards.
Our 640ish ilvl hunters are doing 22-23k usually, movement and all. But, they have a fair bit of raid experience. I bet you'll be at that same level with a little practice and becoming more familiar with fights.

Same for our melee and movement; if we get a fairly static fight (Butcher, Braken) it's great, but when a lot of movement is involved, DPS can drop 10-15%.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yep. At 641 ret pally i was hitting 19-21 on butcher normal. That drops down to 16 or so on the last guy with how much of that fight finds you randomly away from the boss. That's fine though. Pally has never been a movement class.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Another really important piece is upgrading your weapon and trinkets asap (like all dps) I'm at 641 ilvl but still have a 630 weapon and trinkets, I'm under 20k now (close) usually. Checking logs it seems normal for that gear level. Some crazy outliers with insane drop luck are pushing huge numbers but that doesn't seem to be the norm.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
@Glads - Is bonus armor the top DPS stat for gladiators? I know glads are rolling on STR items with bonus armor as one secondary slot which makes sense, but we had some roll on the tank trinket from Tectus which is Sta + Bonus Armor.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Another really important piece is upgrading your weapon and trinkets asap (like all dps) I'm at 641 ilvl but still have a 630 weapon and trinkets, I'm under 20k now (close) usually. Checking logs it seems normal for that gear level. Some crazy outliers with insane drop luck are pushing huge numbers but that doesn't seem to be the norm.
It's pretty annoying that if you don't want to spend an ungodly amount of gold and haven't gotten lucky in the raid or rolled up a 645 trinket mission yet, the best trinkets as a hunter are ilvl 620. :/

Krassus: Bonus armor gives them AP just like STR does, so yes. Someone who doesn't actually tank but goes for the Tectus trinket anyway is a douche though, doubly so if they do it because "LOL PVP." The STA eats up a big chunk of the item budget and reduces the bonus armor on that item to less than what a 630 heroic trinket would have, and versatility is their second worst stat, so basically the item is a piece of shit for a glad war.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
@Glads - Is bonus armor the top DPS stat for gladiators? I know glads are rolling on STR items with bonus armor as one secondary slot which makes sense, but we had some roll on the tank trinket from Tectus which is Sta + Bonus Armor.
Bonus armor is by far the best stat for glad, almost equal to strength. Stamina however... lol guess he was just desperate for a purple.

That trinket is about the same as the 615 mission one in terms of dps...

Silence_sl

shitlord
Our 640ish ilvl hunters are doing 22-23k usually, movement and all. But, they have a fair bit of raid experience. I bet you'll be at that same level with a little practice and becoming more familiar with fights.

Same for our melee and movement; if we get a fairly static fight (Butcher, Braken) it's great, but when a lot of movement is involved, DPS can drop 10-15%.
No doubt. This was only my 2nd or 3rd raid in as many years, and I picked up 3-4k dps over the few days just paying attention to what I'm doing. The other 2k I'm leaving on the table is going to take some figuring out, though. Those joke heroic instances were easy to hit 18k while barely paying attention.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just subtract 5% from the monk and hunters and add it to the frost mages to catch up to the current hotfixes.
Right. Curious to see what our Heroic run is like this week. I'll be running Fury on some fights too with the recent changes for my class. Just got lucky on a 1h drop from Butcher in LFR so I have 2 one-handers now.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No doubt. This was only my 2nd or 3rd raid in as many years, and I picked up 3-4k dps over the few days just paying attention to what I'm doing. The other 2k I'm leaving on the table is going to take some figuring out, though. Those joke heroic instances were easy to hit 18k while barely paying attention.
Absolutely. You'll definitely get that 2k you're looking for with a little practice. LFR isn't a good yard stick, but if you joined a Heroic - or even Normal - you would have a more thorough set of mechanics to work through.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Between my guild and playing with the forum guild I'm up to like 40 wipes on Imperator.

I think once we get back to him we knock the raid down to 10m and kill it then never do it again until we are like 670+ ilvl.
Man you have to stream your guild with vent included, the shit you send me in tells that happens is almost unbelievable.

Also WTS Imperator kill Friday night, cost is 20k dps / 640+ ilvl