World of Warcraft: Current Year

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
My parses were decidedly not good on the couple I have up there. Trying to get a weak aura / tmw string to track sniper training and will also likely give sv a shot tonight to see how I like it for raids.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My parses were decidedly not good on the couple I have up there. Trying to get a weak aura / tmw string to track sniper training and will also likely give sv a shot tonight to see how I like it for raids.
I use:
for my weak aura. I forget where I got it from, but I modified it a bit to make it not so enormous.

I use a few others too, for tracking TotH/RF duration, a reminder that Chimera is off cd in <2s, L&L procs, etc.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks for the aura, I'll get that added in when I get home, I think that and making stopcast macros for CS and KS (should have already been done, my bad) should have a noticeable difference. For SV it seems the defualt overhead graphic will be good for LnL, not sure what else I'd need to add.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Hey people with terrible DPS have feelings too ya know!
Honestly, I am contemplating switching from tank to DPS. I don't think any of the raids are really that hard for tanks; comparatively, not dying in fire and keeping a solid rotation is a much harder job. Tanks don't have to sweat their rotation; DPS cant pull aggro and no one gives a shit if I play out of my mind and do 14k instead of 12k. I'm kinda bitter because I originally had this impression that being the MT was a position worthy of glory but more and more I feel like I have a job a clever monkey could do.

Needless

Toe Sucker
This "launch raid" seems like it's one of the more brain dead tank mechanic tiers.. it's really strange. Maybe they intentionally did it to make it easier for people to get into the tank role? I know i got bored immediately with the intention of tanking all WoD and went back to healing on one of the worst at the time healers just for the extra challenge lol

Mind you i have no idea how tank mechanics change, if they do, in mythic. So who knows

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I tried survival a bit last night and don't think I'll be bothering to use it for much of anything barring tectus. I just did a 27.4k as MM on that fight without really going for a high parse and missing uptime due to misplaced mountains/poison trail. Going to take some getting used to for me to switch gears again. Boy, I remember when the dream was to be able to play MM in a raid environment without it being shitty... how times have changed.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't tank for the glory, I tank because it's fun for me. If you think dps is more challenging then go for it because there's a lot of shitty dps out there.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Eh, I used to think Tanking was the best position you could have in a guild as well (which I think I picked that notion up from when I played EverQuest 14 years ago), but after you do it for a while.. you realize the shit is more trouble than its worth. If anything, I abuse the shit out of classes that can switch to Tank or Healer now just so I can quickly gear my DPS. The new loot systems that are in place are a god send.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Honestly, I am contemplating switching from tank to DPS. I don't think any of the raids are really that hard for tanks; comparatively, not dying in fire and keeping a solid rotation is a much harder job. Tanks don't have to sweat their rotation; DPS cant pull aggro and no one gives a shit if I play out of my mind and do 14k instead of 12k. I'm kinda bitter because I originally had this impression that being the MT was a position worthy of glory but more and more I feel like I have a job a clever monkey could do.
Currently it's not particularly difficult, but the difference from playing warrior or paladin or even druid and playing monk are enormous: monk is the epithome of "so much work for the same result" that other tanks have, except maybe the DKs. I don't know what made me think that 4-5 minutes minimum of juggling short CDs while mantaning a 6" to 10" buff up permanently was fun gameplay. I mean I like tanking, it was enjoyable in heroic dungeons, in raids it's engaging, but not enjoyable, not sure if I can explain it better: it's fun if the fight is new, it's boring work if the fight is on farm and while some tanks can live with low manteinance, monk is more annoying in that regard.
I play or played all tanks and decided on monk because it was relatively new. Historically I played mostly healers in raids and rarely tanks, but this time, I admit it was a mistake and should have stuck with either my warrior or changed role and played my shadowpriest. Probably my nerdrage is all directed at shuffle manteinance, I wish I just had to purify, guard, and brew my way to victory. Given that I don't like Serenity and prefer ChiEx, shuffle uptime gets in the way of my fun.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
Not sure how you can have any problem with shuffle, especially with the new serenity talent. Obviously this removes the other 100 talents as options for us, but they're not really interesting either.

I play the best when I play my monk tank because I've invested so much into it. I do play all other tanks at a fairly competent level as well (aside from druid) and I mean, DK is even more windowlicking now than it was before (I know I know, saving runes for a death strike until you have a lot of resolve + 5 stacks is engaging and super complex gameplay) and warrior is like "forget you have shield barrier, use shield block all the time".

I main tank because I realise that having shitty tanks will make some encounters incredibly frustrating, especially where movement and positioning is key. I had a co-tank when we did heoric MSV who only ever moved using strafe. Working on the 4 mogu kings meant that the one that did his crazy cleave could randomly be turned to the raid, because this guy was an aspie.

On the contrary, no one will know you did anything at all when it works smoothly, and handling the fight is a very important part of that. If you think tanking is too easy, I suggest you try out Imperator Mar'gok. It's not notoriously difficult but it's pretty much a fight based around the tanks

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't have problems with shuffle, it's always up when needed, it's just that Serenity is a shit talent and adds exactly zero fun, actually it's negative fun, like -50 dkp fun.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Doing shuffles to a decent number of stack is so annoying, which actually makes serenity awsome.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I tried survival a bit last night and don't think I'll be bothering to use it for much of anything barring tectus. I just did a 27.4k as MM on that fight without really going for a high parse and missing uptime due to misplaced mountains/poison trail. Going to take some getting used to for me to switch gears again. Boy, I remember when the dream was to be able to play MM in a raid environment without it being shitty... how times have changed.
I was also unimpressed with it last night, I had a decent parse on twins with it, did not like it on Tectus and ended up putting a solid (for my gear anyway) parse as MM anyway. I will say I was not using it with FS, which after playing around with it after raid seems to make it substantially better. Pretty counter intuitive really, the spec that doesn't penalize you for moving at all essentially needs the talent that makes your builder root you for 3 seconds. Yeah.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Dk tanking is still fun to me because of the number of tools I have to counter shit that happens. it's button heavy and not as straight forward as say warrior or paladin, but I love it. The skill gap between a shitty DK tank and one that uses all his tools properly is pretty damn big, and the difference is very noticeable.

So far mechanics for tanks (in raids) have been more diverse than previous Xpac where the first tiers were mostly tank and spank with an additional tornado to avoid here and there.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This and I like insta-queues. I agree that it's a thankless job though.
Having started a DK tank alt, the fast queues are awesome. I'm only level 70 and it's fun so far, but I feel like I could literally just mash buttons and never lose aggro and still out-dps my entire group. On my Warlock, I have to really put effort in to get in top 3 on meters.