World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I feel like highmaul is a decent introduction raid to the expansion.. they've got a patchwerk style fight (Butcher), a twin emps style fight (ogrons), a lot of movement heavy fights, a lot of get out of the fire fights. It's a good retard check.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Have been having similar problems on the healing side of the fence and have been contemplating going DPS. I just don't seem to be able to put out the numbers that I need to for normals and it isn't very fun. As my Druid or Paladin I am putting out 13 - 17k hps over the course of a fight depending on movement. Apparently I am supposed to be at 20k without running out of mana. That seems impossible to me at this point. I had to step down from a Normal group I cleared the first 4 with but couldn't maintain over 14k hps on Twin Ogron because of the movement.

What ilvl are you supposed to be to do Normal level raids? I am high 630s and I figured that would be enough as getting ~5 more ilvls of LFR gear doesn't seem like it would bump my numbers by the amount necessary. I do still rock a 621 mace which I can't get a replacement for the life of me, perhaps that is it. But again, I am not sure

The moral of the story is I don't really like how faceroll healing LFR / Heroics is and how I cannot seem to transition to normal level raids.

On the bright side, my DK got an epic 645 weapon follower quest. This means that the character I play least is still ahead of the curve on gearing via followers vs. the two I LFR with.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Have been having similar problems on the healing side of the fence and have been contemplating going DPS. I just don't seem to be able to put out the numbers that I need to for normals and it isn't very fun. As my Druid or Paladin I am putting out 13 - 17k hps over the course of a fight depending on movement. Apparently I am supposed to be at 20k without running out of mana. That seems impossible to me at this point. I had to step down from a Normal group I cleared the first 4 with but couldn't maintain over 14k hps on Twin Ogron because of the movement.

What ilvl are you supposed to be to do Normal level raids? I am high 630s and I figured that would be enough as getting ~5 more ilvls of LFR gear doesn't seem like it would bump my numbers by the amount necessary. I do still rock a 621 mace which I can't get a replacement for the life of me, perhaps that is it. But again, I am not sure

The moral of the story is I don't really like how faceroll healing LFR / Heroics is and how I cannot seem to transition to normal level raids.

On the bright side, my DK got an epic 645 weapon follower quest. This means that the character I play least is still ahead of the curve on gearing via followers vs. the two I LFR with.
This is something I don't understand as well. I've cleared normal HM on my Disc Priest (640 ilvl), I was usually #2 behind a druid and even then we were both around 16k-18k HPs overall during a given fight. I don't understand how they can expect 20-24k HPS and even then you'd be having a ton of overhealing (which is ignored by most people for some reason).

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I do still rock a 621 mace which I can't get a replacement for the life of me, perhaps that is it.
I assume that, like every expansion before, your weapon ilvl is more significant than any other piece by a large margin. The spellpower on it is basically 25% of your entire spellpower.

There's also a vast disparity in effectiveness if you have the wrong secondary stats. If your main stats appear to be Versatility and Haste, you're basically 15 ilvl behind than someone who would be Multistrike+Mastery. Better refo... ahem, forget it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Possibly foolish question. Say you run a normal HM with a group and then later run it with another group. I know that you can't get loot in the second run, assuming you kill the same bosses, but can you use your bonus rolls on the second run?

Mostly hypothetical but I was curious.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Possibly foolish question. Say you run a normal HM with a group and then later run it with another group. I know that you can't get loot in the second run, assuming you kill the same bosses, but can you use your bonus rolls on the second run?

Mostly hypothetical but I was curious.
Yes that's why we pug heroic 3-4x a week for those of us who do it. We're trying to bonus roll an item we really need.

IE: 2h'r Sorrows does heroic Koragh nightly to bonus roll it.

ubiquitrips

Yes that's why we pug heroic 3-4x a week for those of us who do it. We're trying to bonus roll an item we really need.

IE: 2h'r Sorrows does heroic Koragh nightly to bonus roll it.
Wait wait, are you saying you can use bonus rolls on the same boss multiple times per week or am I reading this wrong? I thought it was just normal loot + one bonus per week.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes correct, just keep repugging that mob you need the drop on. That's why most people are going back into heroics after the weekly clear.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Yes correct, just keep repugging that mob you need the drop on. That's why most people are going back into heroics after the weekly clear.
Adds a decent amount of replayability to the game as well.

Remember bro's honor points can be turned in for reroll seals!

Needless

Toe Sucker
This is something I don't understand as well. I've cleared normal HM on my Disc Priest (640 ilvl), I was usually #2 behind a druid and even then we were both around 16k-18k HPs overall during a given fight. I don't understand how they can expect 20-24k HPS and even then you'd be having a ton of overhealing (which is ignored by most people for some reason).
Disc HPS is entirely different though, as most of your spells are through shields/shells and absorb effects isn't it? so you would be "lower" on HPS.
I'm not sure why those numbers would be so low for a druid though? maybe he needs more spirit or something because Skrigg seems to be able to pull 30k+ numbers. Tranq should be used 2 or 3 times a fight as well, your major cds are a huuuuge portion of your healing

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
HPS is entirely raid dependent too. I mean ideally wouldn't you want that number to be as low as possible while still killing the mob? Have to be a real neckbeard to look at those numbers and treat them as an absolute check like DPS.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I would think less raid damage taken would lower HPS. The other thing to remember is spikes. So you may only need say 15k for some parts of a fight, but during a tank damage intensive part you may need to spike up to 20k or 30k or 40k.

ubiquitrips

Disc HPS is entirely different though, as most of your spells are through shields/shells and absorb effects isn't it? so you would be "lower" on HPS.
I'm not sure why those numbers would be so low for a druid though? maybe he needs more spirit or something because Skrigg seems to be able to pull 30k+ numbers. Tranq should be used 2 or 3 times a fight as well, your major cds are a huuuuge portion of your healing
That could be, perhaps I am not aggressive enough with my cooldowns. I probably still hold on to them too long. It has been a tough habit to break.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
They also used a blood DK as a DPS/Tank hybrid for the adds. Look at his fuckin dps
Its part of the mechanic, even in normal you have to AE some but in heroic you will be going all out to blow them up before he drops hopefully. There is actually quite a bit of changing tank mechanics but the fight is 100% an idiot check for your DPS if they make the minimum DPS cut.

You can check our logs too to see how they ramp up if youre bored at work Noodle.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I rank number 2 in DPS on that fight in normal behind the Enh shammy who helps me blow up the adds. Considering mythic has a ton more adds due to basically phase 1+ being phase 4 + more shit, I could see a blood DK absolutely obliterating the DPS.