World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I can tell you when we tank raid bosses we are at the very bottom of the DPS list if that makes you feel any better, except in AOE situations.

Paragon brought a blood DK to tank adds in Mythic Imperator and he was pretty close to top DPS of the fight

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone notice a suspiciously large gap between heroic and mythic? I think heroic is probably too easy. I barely raided in MoP so I can't really compare,
Then lemme just stop you right there. Heroic in WoD is not heroic from anything else. It is normal. The easy mode. The barely-above-scrub-level mode.

WoD normal is the new flex...which was a step up from LFR in MoP. So in MoP it was LFR > FLEX (10-30) > NORMAL (10 or 25) > HEROIC (10 or 25)

With the release of WoD, they ditched the name FLEX and added Mythic, and they also allowed normal and heroic to "flex" raid sizes...while mythic is a static 20 man raid.

Now it's LFR > NORMAL (10-30) > HEROIC (10-30) > MYTHIC (20)

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Then lemme just stop you right there. Heroic in WoD is not heroic from anything else. It is normal. The easy mode. The barely-above-scrub-level mode.

WoD normal is the new flex...which was a step up from LFR in MoP. So in MoP it was LFR > FLEX (10-30) > NORMAL (10 or 25) > HEROIC (10 or 25)

With the release of WoD, they ditched the name FLEX and added Mythic, and they also allowed normal and heroic to "flex" raid sizes...while mythic is a static 20 man raid.

Now it's LFR > NORMAL (10-30) > HEROIC (10-30) > MYTHIC (20)
I think it's more that in SoO at least I don't feel the difference between normal and heroic was such a huge skill gap. Mythic just seems downright brutally unfun on most of the fights where heroic SoO wasn't simple but until like Blackfuse wasn't insane.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think it's more that in SoO at least I don't feel the difference between normal and heroic was such a huge skill gap. Mythic just seems downright brutally unfun on most of the fights where heroic SoO wasn't simple but until like Blackfuse wasn't insane.
I guess I can see that. I've only done mythic kargath so far but it wasn't bad. Only adds like what, one new mechanic? (the tigers)

Maul

Dental Dammer
Kargath mythic is probably still easier than most on normal so it's a bad example
biggrin.png

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, there's a huge difference between "going into a tier wearing literally random daily bag purples/5man-dungeon blues" and "going into a tier wearing last tier's best in slot, warforged, with your set bonuses." Some people love the first tier of the expansion because of it, some hate the first tier of an expansion because of it. Since our group has several members who... underperform... their gear, I miss the crutches, but hey, them's expansion resets
smile.png

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Finally got Heroic Imperator down with my guild and some pugs. It's a good fight but holy hell is it unforgiving to do with pugs, especially since it puts a lot of load on every single role to perform their duties adequately. Pro tip: don't bring shaman unless you have that one green jesus in your raid.

Argarth

On the verandah
Pro tip: don't bring shaman unless you have that one green jesus in your raid.
Are they really that bad? I'm seriously thinking about boosting an Enh/Resto Shaman for a change from my Druid this time round, and comments like this make me sad. =(

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I can't speak for Enhance beyond that's what I use for questing and shit but I enjoy the hell out of healing on my shaman. The guild I'm in has normal on lock and we have the first 3 down on heroic Highmaul.

sebur

Bronze Squire
From what I gather they are on the higher end of the mid of the pack of dps as elemental. At lower gear levels I believe elemental and enh are about even but that gap widens as ilvl goes up.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I believe that Paragon specifically carried an enhance shaman through Mythic because of how imbalanced Fire Nova is on Imperator. I currently play enhance, not at a super high level, but on fights with lots of cleave, we're usually at or near the top. On single target or 2x target like Twins or Butcher, however, we're definitely hurting. I've read that elemental's single target on fights like Butcher is pretty good, so between the two, the class can hold its own imo. As an example, I'm 650 right now and on large multi trash packs that are tightly grouped I'm usually between 30k and 45k, but single target like Butcher, I'm struggling to break 20k. My secondary stat allocations aren't great, so the numbers could definitely be better. The main issues that I've read about are that we really don't scale well with gear. The relative power increase enhance picks up from 650-670 is far less than most other classes.

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Oh yeah, I didn't specify. I was speaking about resto shaman which sit cozy and awful at the bottom spot and are only really good on certain fights(like Butcher!) that allow them to use their shitty mastery. There are some good shaman out there who work some sketchy green magic but I have yet to see one in person.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
DK is a better warrior AND paladin tank. I'm biased though. Krassus has the whole left side of his keyboard bound to blood boil.
Don't feed him misinformation. Death Knight is a decent tank but not really on the better end when it comes to progression raiding. Damage too spiky compared to having a staple block tank. There's a reason every mythic guild has a prot warrior and usually a prot paladin as well. My personal tank tier list would be: Warrior > Paladin >= Monk > Death Knight = Druid. I feel Monk's are greatly unappreciated as well with the strengths they bring and how much easier they make some encounters (trivialises imperator fight pretty much)

Death Knight is just a challenge mode class at this point =P

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Considering the rerolleds raiding group has an average item level of 653 and you need around 670ish to fair well in Mythic - I hope you do get stomped lol. The guilds that are doing Mythic were those that had guild funds stocked up from running randoms through Siege of Orgrimmar for 100's of thousands of gold. Buying their core members the gear needed to get in and do shit with a greater handicap than you or I had. (I know I sure as hell didnt have that kind of gold to spend on my Mage when Mythic was getting ready to drop). Its a little late to be doing hand outs, considering the guilds infancy, but that at least gives any of you a reason why some guilds are ahead of the curve so badly.

The only major thing Im noticing is how annoying it is to be on my new monk, 3 days at 100 now, at 634, and is doing more single target damage than some of these guys Im pugging with. The amount of super casuals that came back with this expac is astounding!

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
In a moment of weakness I decided to boost my Hunter because I was bored. I had to do a double take on my Engineer as I then realized that Shrediron's Shredder was minimum level 91. Will need to thank whatever dev thought 300 dps at the start of the quest grind was a good idea. I then proceeded to lolbarrage, everything. Seems like a good method to blow off steam. I can see why there are so many hunters in general. The concept of moving and shooting is still hard for me to get used to.