World of Warcraft: Current Year

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
If you really want a change of pace, start up the faction you haven't played, don't use Heirlooms, don't twink the shit out of yourself without having that character making the money to pay for it. It's still a pretty vanilla experience, it is faster though, so you won't get to see all of a zone before you need to move out.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Has anyone here ever faction-changed a character for a change of pace? I am considering doing it for one of my alts. Played off and on for years and never have I experienced anything from the Alliance side.
Faction changing a max level character breaks a bunch of shit in garrison, the quests don't reset properly (I still can't make a new outpost in Spires or Talador), and rerolls all your followers which will ruin all the ones you have gotten from the inn and probably won't do your other ones any favors either. All in all, it's a really shitty experience considering how much they charge for how little effort they have put into making it a smooth transition.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
If you really want a change of pace, start up the faction you haven't played, don't use Heirlooms, don't twink the shit out of yourself without having that character making the money to pay for it. It's still a pretty vanilla experience, it is faster though, so you won't get to see all of a zone before you need to move out.
This is an interesting idea. I have been considering trying to jump realms as no one that I used to play with is around anymore. Rerolled guild short on any classes / types?

Vorph

We've been pugging most of our healers the last couple weeks. Tanks seem to be covered at least for normal, but the heroic group might be short one now. There's a million hunters and plate dps, not so much of the rest.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Reminds me of leveling near Undercity. Fucking loved it. It was completely progressive as the "end-game" zone in the area was Shadowfang Keep. Move to Scarlet Monastery. The lowbie instances were always great.

Vorph

Heroic Impregnator is pretty rough i must say
It really isn't. The only part of that fight that should be even a minor issue is the 4yd force nova explosions at the very end. I just don't get how people mess up anything else.

Maybe my expectations of the difficulty were too high when I came into the heroic fight never having seen more than the first 25% or so of normal and was told that I would probably have to leave because of not having done it and my ilvl being <650. Instead it turned out to be a complete joke and my dps was still well above the "carry" level. Brackenspore and Ko'ragh felt like more of a challenge.

Related to this, I don't understand the people who say that melee dps is at a disadvantage in Highmaul, or why pugs try to fill their ranks with almost all ranged. I can't think of a single fight that is harder on the DK than it is on the hunter, and most of them are actually vastly easier. Hunter is the easiest ranged to play too, for obvious reasons.

Needless

Toe Sucker
It is when youre in a group with 3 guys constantly hitting mines :p
The fight isnt that hard, specially for dps who can pretty much zone out the entire time if they dont get branded.. But theres virtually no room for error

Its actually pretty fun as a MW monk who has to control the branded while maintaining good healing

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
LOL it's easy because you came into a raid where everyone is 22-27k DPS, knows the entire fight, and didnt fuck up until the end when almost every melee died. Otherwise Imperator is the biggest pain in the ass in existence.

@Heroic RR group i think is reforming with a_skeleton_03 or someone leading it. Been a pug only 2 of us have had to run until now and were leaving to a friends mythic guild. The other tank is quitting Tuesday also just FYI =/

I am going to keep raiding with my RR bros though on the hunter and warrior for normal for sure.

Vorph

No argument there. I understand Krassus'/Sorrows'/etc. frustration with people who step on mines and why they boot those people after 1-2 fuck ups. Unless you're having severe latency issues, it shouldn't even be possible to step on a mine, and certainly not something someone does more than once.

There are some reddit posts about people who blow up mines that they aren't standing anywhere near, and they provided proof in the form of videos that clearly show the desync happening. Not sure how widespread that problem is or how many people really get affected by it, as opposed to them just being tards.

LOL it's easy because you came into a raid where everyone is 22-27k DPS, knows the entire fight, and didnt fuck up until the end when almost every melee died. Otherwise Imperator is the biggest pain in the ass in existence.
And I still never stepped on a mine myself or screwed up any of the other mechanics other than one time on the force nova explosions when Sorrows and I both picked the same spot to run to. He got there first so I fully admit that was my fault when we got hit by nova. I was #5 on the dps meter too on the successful kill, so I certainly don't think I was carried. All I'm saying is that if it was as hard as everyone made it out to be then I would have expected to have fucked up right and left and been kicked out for only being ilvl 648 or whatever I was then.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Meh. People have different needs and desires. RR will most likely never be a mythic guild and I'm ok with that, as well as I understand those who leave to participate in those raids

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
No argument there. I understand Krassus'/Sorrows'/etc. frustration with people who step on mines and why they boot those people after 1-2 fuck ups. Unless you're having severe latency issues, it shouldn't even be possible to step on a mine, and certainly not something someone does more than once.

There are some reddit posts about people who blow up mines that they aren't standing anywhere near, and they provided proof in the form of videos that clearly show the desync happening. Not sure how widespread that problem is or how many people really get affected by it, as opposed to them just being tards.

And I still never stepped on a mine myself or screwed up any of the other mechanics other than one time on the force nova explosions when Sorrows and I both picked the same spot to run to. He got there first so I fully admit that was my fault when we got hit by nova. I was #5 on the dps meter too on the successful kill, so I certainly don't think I was carried. All I'm saying is that if it was as hard as everyone made it out to be then I would have expected to have fucked up right and left and been kicked out for only being ilvl 648 or whatever I was then.
@Vorph didnt read your post but no one said you were carried. Every wipe for the week we tried once we learned it was people (DPS) dying sub 20% which happened to us again that night. We countered that issue by bringing the extra healers to DPS cooldown sub 20%. You gotta admit bringing the extra healers really was nice, I know you werent there for the others but holy shit the difference it made that night.

If anyone wants EZ Mode Heroic Imp literally bring 5 healers for 2 tanks and 7-8 dps, no joke it makes the fight so much easier sub 20% where it counts.

This was our healer setupCombat Log - Ask Mr. Robot - World of Warcraft

Vorph

@Vorph didnt read your post but no one said you were carried.
No, I know you didn't say that. What I meant was that I was like 646 or 648 for that fight and I had never even seen the hard part of it on normal, let alone killed it. It was just that after hearing all the horror stories of Imperator I thought there was no way I was getting the kill without being carried (i.e. probably dead on the ground for half the fight) or that I would have to leave because I'd be causing the group to fail.

After we downed it in 5 tries, my reaction was more like, "Really, that's it?" Obviously we had a great group that night, and the warlock in particular was in a league of his own. Bringing six healers at the end certainly made that attempt a lot easier than the previous ones. We only popped like 2 mines total in all the attempts, which certainly doesn't seem to be the norm either.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yes it's in the TOS. However that is not our constitution but a company the players are paying to exist. I mean with all respect but Soda was a Twitcher with 10k+ viewers and maybe they should have approached him like "look friend, we do not want that this please stop" before some CS guy bans him without warning. After all these guys were doing a nice PR job for blizzard.
If you think plain customer service banned this guy, you're a fucking moron. They probably had the same view point (it's positive PR!!!!11!!). Someone higher up finally said "Yeah, fuck these guys."

Vitality

HUSTLE
Yeah, I mean...it's the very first word in that thread's title.
I think the first words should be Stay at home dad casual RR guild.

Also a_skeleton_03 is banned from these boards for a bit so that's weird, if mythic progression aint a thing we should pow-wow about tab 5 opening up to the public.