World of Warcraft: Current Year

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
The augment runes stack with everything, so if you're on a server with enough Mythic raiders you can sell them for stupid amounts of gold. Chaining heroic dungeons as a tank with the bonus up is a fantastic way to make gold right now. You get 150g directly for killing the bosses, can disenchant the items you get into 20 draenic dust which is another 150g, and can then sell the augment rune for 150-200g. That's 500g for a clear and if you're in mythic highmaul gear you can pretty much do each boss and all the trash leading up to it in a single pull.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty sure the tank gives a bag every time, I have so many of those STR runes. I didn't know you could sell them either.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Pretty strong market for aug runes pre-wednesday, they stack with food and flask/pot so it's pretty popular with mythic nerds.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Pretty sure the tank gives a bag every time, I have so many of those STR runes. I didn't know you could sell them either.
I get those bags on my noob DK for every LFD I run, so you might be right.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I get those bags on my noob DK for every LFD I run, so you might be right.
Tank gets the bag most of the time. If there are a lot of tanks in queue they don't offer it and I've seen that happen. I don't run heroics anymore though. Maybe I'll do one for the lulz

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I just tested -- I can't get a 4th seal but I had already purchased three... maybe it works if you requisition the seal then go buy three more?
It's not a 4th seal. It replaces one of the 3 you can buy each week. So buy two, get one from war mill.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Yeah my bad on this one, I got it confused with the garrison mission that gives you a seal regardless of your weekly purchase cap.
Yea my point about that free seal is that its really only saving me a few hundred gold tops distributed over a weekly basis. That being said, none of the other large buildings are really that appealing either. Does the Gnomish Gearworks have any value for PVE?

Vitality

HUSTLE
Gnomish gearworks has the chance of giving you the N.U.K.U.L.A.R ability which does half a million damage in overworld/ashran every hour.

Edit: nvm Hotfixed raid/dungeon usability. Ashran and overworld zones only.

Turrets that do 10kdmg every 3 seconds for 30 seconds - AE power fist and a few other gadgets. Robo rooster in combat pet.

Unsure which ones are dungeon/raid usable - turrets might be - nukular was fixed at the end of nov. "".27 Nov. 2014: N.U.K.U.L.A.R. Target Painter and Sticky Grenade Launcher do not work in raids and dungeons.""

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Does anyone know if Recount tracks tank damage accurately? Just killed Heroic Butcher and I (Monk) managed to come in below two of the DPS in damage taken, at 8.1%. My Warrior co-tank was at a whopping 20.2%, and he's only 4 ilvls below me in gear. That kind of gap seems immense, I'm not sure how it can be possible.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Does anyone know if Recount tracks tank damage accurately? Just killed Heroic Butcher and I (Monk) managed to come in below two of the DPS in damage taken, at 8.1%. My Warrior co-tank was at a whopping 20.2%, and he's only 4 ilvls below me in gear. That kind of gap seems immense, I'm not sure how it can be possible.
Stagger I imagine is huge for that fight if you clear your stacks right.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
It also has a lot to do with how long you were tanking. I am a prot pal and tank with a guard druid. He was swapping immediately as I got 2 stacks of tenderize whereas I was swapping just before his third stacks. His damage taken was almost double mine.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
It also has a lot to do with how long you were tanking. I am a prot pal and tank with a guard druid. He was swapping immediately as I got 2 stacks of tenderize whereas I was swapping just before his third stacks. His damage taken was almost double mine.
Butcher hits both tanks with his melee attack and his cleave ability also hits both tanks. The only thing he does that only hits one tank is Tenderizer and both tanks have to get hit by that equally.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Is there a secret strategy behind this or was he just better geared?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Butcher hits both tanks with his melee attack and his cleave ability also hits both tanks. The only thing he does that only hits one tank is Tenderizer and both tanks have to get hit by that equally.
Are you sure about this? I obviously knew he stacked his bleed on both tanks, but didn't realize he melee'd both tanks at the same time.

Is there a secret strategy behind this or was he just better geared?
If what Xequecal said is true, then I guess it really comes down to timing your active mitigation abilities. Gear isn't going to make that significant of a difference (bonus armor and good trinkets will help, for sure, but I wouldn't think it would account for something like a 50% difference). I'm by no means an expert nor have I the inclination to crunch the numbers.