World of Warcraft: Current Year

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Man WoW really is like real life. I'm too ungeared to apply to get a job in a mythic guild so I cash my WoW welfare check every week to keep me afloat. 2real4me.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Ask mr robot is easiest, although I don't know where the fuck it's getting its survival/lone wolf weights from (mastery #2, huh?)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, it all depends on your class' stat weights and how much gold you're willing to spend. Like for Unholy DK, crafting 3 pieces of 680 plate (helm + gloves + ???) that have multistrike/mastery on them is far superior to bothering with the utterly worthless 2/4pc set bonuses. I don't know that I'm willing to blow a huge amount of gold, but I already have a set of 670 MS/Mastery goggles that I'm definitely going to upgrade to 680 and replace my mythic helm with, ilvl be damned. Gloves I'll wait and see if the retards decide to fix the set bonuses before I buy shit that I end up not needing.

Ask mr robot is easiest, although I don't know where the fuck it's getting its survival/lone wolf weights from (mastery #2, huh?)
Yeah, AMR is great as a tool, but the people who do their stat weights don't know much about most of the classes/specs and you should take what they say with a huge grain of salt. Replace the weights with the ones from Azortharion's google doc and it's fine.

Lone Wolf still though? :p I can't imagine using anything but FS now, other than being on flamethrower duty. SV is so focus-starved without it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I am a happy mini van dad! I've been having lots of fun in our Saturday runs. They are perfect for me, and I'll be around as long as we have people wanting to do stuff.
I'll be there every week even if it's just me and i'm jerking off watching blood elf females shake dat ass.. with tears in my eyes

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I just hope BRF is cool. For whatever reason HM never really gave me the cool factor. Like walking through and doing old raid content it just all looks way better than HM.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've watched a whole bunch of the BRF fights and they all look a lot more intense than HM and the zone has more of a classic raid feel to it in terms of looks/design (multiple wings, etc).

Vorph

Yeah, BRF looks to be a step up in design as well as the obvious superiority of the loot. Plus it's 3 wings that you can do in whatever order you like, which is nice.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
lvl 3 leorahj = garrison mission table on the go.
Thats the only reason i use a bodyguard lol
Given that I usually empty my mission queue for the night while connecting in the morning and the afternoon, I don't think a mission table is any necessary. The only mission I don't launch is the 90 one (you know which one I'm talking about, do you?)

Vorph

I try to do missions much more often than that, since most of the gold ones are in the 45-90 minute range.

Never got Leorajh above rank 2 though, simply because I never leave my garrison except to raid. :/

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Lone Wolf still though? :p I can't imagine using anything but FS now, other than being on flamethrower duty. SV is so focus-starved without it.
Right now with my gear FS sims at 300 higher dps if I never have to move and clip a shot ever. Given the nature of every fight that isn't Butcher, I'm playing the odds and assuming that I'm coming out on top on that one.

Maybe it'd be a bigger deal if I was an orc?

Needless

Toe Sucker
Given that I usually empty my mission queue for the night while connecting in the morning and the afternoon, I don't think a mission table is any necessary. The only mission I don't launch is the 90 one (you know which one I'm talking about, do you?)
You don't like stones bro?

I just enjoy having the extra 5 followers, having leorahj for that purpose is just icing on the cake~

Elsebet

Peasant
Vanilla WoW = we raided 6 days a week for about a year, burned out and quit
TBC = started very late into the expansion, did a half-hearted attempt to raid and quit multiple times
WOTLK = started late again, cleared Naxx, most of Ulduar, all of ICC on 10/25, quit soon after
Cataclysm/Panda = did not play at all!
WOD = did 1 level 100 normal dungeon, no heroics, and no raids. Just doing old raid/dungeon achievements, pet battles, levelling characters, and making tons of money selling stuff instead of using it all for my own progression gear. Having a blast, will probably play this way for months. Some nights we just login for an hour and then go do something else.

Every time I'm tempted to raid I just read these forums and that urge completely disappears!
smile.png

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
My friends and I made a guild a few weeks ago with some of the pugs that we had been playing with. We're 7/7H and working on Mythic twins right now. The core of us are all older relaxed EQ vets and we're looking for a few more heads to fill out our mythic roster. Only basic requirement is to not be a shithead. Anyone interested send me a PM; we're on Gilneas Horde side.

Vorph

Right now with my gear FS sims at 300 higher dps if I never have to move and clip a shot ever. Given the nature of every fight that isn't Butcher, I'm playing the odds and assuming that I'm coming out on top on that one.

Maybe it'd be a bigger deal if I was an orc?
It's more of a 'the way the spec plays' thing to me. I constantly feel starved for focus just using cobra shot, and like I spend way too much time casting shots that do so little damage. I'm pretty skeptical of sims these days anyway. For instance, simc says Necrotic Plague isn't competitive on any fight as an unholy DK, but in reality it crushes the shit out of Defile on Bracken, Twins, Tectus, and Ko'ragh.

Malkav

French Madman
It's more of a 'the way the spec plays' thing to me. I constantly feel starved for focus just using cobra shot, and like I spend way too much time casting shots that do so little damage. I'm pretty skeptical of sims these days anyway. For instance, simc says Necrotic Plague isn't competitive on any fight as an unholy DK, but in reality it crushes the shit out of Defile on Bracken, Twins, Tectus, and Ko'ragh.
Couldn't live without Focusing Shot either.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Vanilla WoW = we raided 6 days a week for about a year, burned out and quit
TBC = started very late into the expansion, did a half-hearted attempt to raid and quit multiple times
WOTLK = started late again, cleared Naxx, most of Ulduar, all of ICC on 10/25, quit soon after
Cataclysm/Panda = did not play at all!
WOD = did 1 level 100 normal dungeon, no heroics, and no raids. Just doing old raid/dungeon achievements, pet battles, levelling characters, and making tons of money selling stuff instead of using it all for my own progression gear. Having a blast, will probably play this way for months. Some nights we just login for an hour and then go do something else.

Every time I'm tempted to raid I just read these forums and that urge completely disappears!
smile.png
I burned through the expansion up to raids in like 3 days, did some heroics to see how hard it is, then some RF raids and I can't see the game holding my attention right now, the only way I could stay is to level alts, but I just can't summon up the interest. Probably something to do with shit dying if you look in their general direction below 90 and all the fancy class redesigns they did, so you use at least 6 abilities with cooldowns and random procs, with the content simply not being designed for that until you get to Draenor. It also means that everything feels roughly the same, the only difference between protection and dps with paladins is spamming consecrate. The loot is a single step away from being randomly generated, but their solution removes the chance you will get something unintentionally exciting. They don't even try to hide it, ilvl rules them all.

They could probably save themselves a lot of work by making a talent for healing paladins that just said "all str on your gear is now int" instead of writing it on every single piece of equipment.

Garrisons are fun, but in the same way Farmville is fun, it's just a feedback loop designed to keep you hooked in. Sometimes I feel like my followers are having more fun than me.

I'm really surprised they took out tabards/faction championing, it was really nice way to level up old factions for shinies and it gives you another reason to keep playing and make use of the old content, beyond soloing raids for achievements, which, by the way, feels really silly.

I feel like they took some lessons from GW2, but kind of forgot why it worked there, like the daily assault quests, where it feels like they wanted to emulate GW2 events, but forgot to take out mob tagging, so you have to spam for invites during primetime. The Garrison abilities are fun to use, but completely break any pretence of difficulty, so when you go looking for secrets, it's just a checklist where you greatest nemesis are stairs. They have a lot of cool looking gear, but the transmogrification system is still very clunky and I'm positive they will add GW2 wardrobe very soon. Phasing makes the world feel very responsive to your actions, just don't look too close, or you will see the cracks.

Fuck I'm jaded.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I really dont think you're jaded - cause you have some very valid points. You've summed up everything at a very analytic approach.

Personally, raiding highmaul right now isnt really cool or fun. I just enjoy working with some of the guys to complete a team goal. High maul itself is a very ugly, basic raid and the current excuse to anyone that has a low interest in it is "Its the expansions first raid. So it has to suck!" .. Which is a terrible excuse to me. I have a lot of my interest riding on BRF right now, so if that sucks .. Ill probably stop playing. Once you get all of your followers to Epic level 100 with 655 - your garrison becomes a very stale place and you can do that within a few weeks or less of micro management. The expansion has taken huge strides in becoming accessible to all players - but someone else said it best - If you have more than a couple hours 2 or 3 nights a week to throw at WoW, then you're going to lose interest pretty quickly.

Something is very off with SimC lately and this is coming from a design stand point. I dont know how all of that information is gathered but Ive seen people pull off a good, consistent 3-5k more dps with shittier gear than I have and my DPS be exactly what SimC says I should be at. So you're not alone.