World of Warcraft: Current Year

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
got knocked up to 692 which made getting into brf mythic a bit easier. 2/10 now and we started working on gruul yesterday, damn that fight seems so easy but all the fucking dps can't move out of the overhead smash. I know most guilds said to do Gruul 5th but I figure with the already inflated gear levels, it can't be too bad. We got him to 25% on our third attempt and then everyone just started sucking major dick and we got no more good attempts for the night
Mythic Gruul IS fairly easy. But, he is a fairly big DPS/dodge shit check. Ironically enough, Tuesday when Blizz was saying the ilevel hotfix delay shouldn't affect raiders in any real way, we were wiping all night. First go at him last night and we killed him. However, a lot of it was people pulling their heads out of their asses. We weren't so much losing people to overhead smash but tanks were messing up and getting themselves killed.

I still say try to get to him around 5th. Our 2-night a week (4 hrs per night) guild did Beastlord -> Oregorger -> Hans -> Flamebender(easiest with tweaks to how you handle fight) -> Gruul and now working on Kromag. After those, I'd say the biggest difference the ilvl bump would be on is Kromag. Having to knock out those pillars fast enough before wipe mechanic is just brutal.

I really wish Blizzard had raiders on their team pushing changes in more effectively like it seemed they used to. The ones now, at least CM's have no idea what they're responding with. Either saying ilevel delay wont make much difference to players (cause you know, who really has to raid on Tuesday like a ton of guilds have for the last 10 years), or the augment runes/new food are hardly being used/not that useful and only make up 1% difference.

Other issue is, which I'm not sure how many others are affected, ever since around 6.1, any time a new raider zones into BRF (Not sure if it affects Highmaul yet, haven't done it since BRF with guild), it will pause the entire instance with lag. Players and NPC's all simultaneously lag out until that person finishes zoning in. Any small amount of raiders on their team internally would see this and start immediately talking to their buddies who can fix it instead of it dragging on these few weeks.

Decent xpac with a lot of potential, just absolute shit when it comes to their execution of patching it together.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
We were getting gruul to 15 before change, but after change we tried Beast and got him to 2% before ppl forgot how to play.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Are the smashes coming at the faster rate, and or just happen quicker?
On mythic, during his enraged p2, he finishes the cast a bit faster. So we usually have people collapse for healing and to reduce spread of smash to get out quicker.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
We can't even get mythic beastlord down. Fucking derps in my guild standing in shit and not using their motherfucking cooldowns on the tantrums when they're supposed to.

It's like I'm surrounded by idiots.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So last night we were doing normal Maidens and they were around 22% with 40s left until the next boat so we pushed marak. As soon as we hit 20% the last boat decided to just randomly pop with Sorka jumping onto it. Needless to say we wiped.

Anyone else have this bug happen? Next attempt we did the same thing and it worked fine. Just frustrating since it's a 10 minute fight.

Grayson Carlyle

Golden Squire
So last night we were doing normal Maidens and they were around 22% with 40s left until the next boat so we pushed marak. As soon as we hit 20% the last boat decided to just randomly pop with Sorka jumping onto it. Needless to say we wiped.

Anyone else have this bug happen? Next attempt we did the same thing and it worked fine. Just frustrating since it's a 10 minute fight.
The boat transition has a lead time, where if that starts, then even if you transition into P2, it has to finish. So you have to get to P2 before the beginning of the boat transition, not before she jumps.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The boat transition has a lead time, where if that starts, then even if you transition into P2, it has to finish. So you have to get to P2 before the beginning of the boat transition, not before she jumps.
Right, but I would think that 40s is much greater than that. The boat wasn't even there and then "BOAT PHASE"

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The timers were good, it just bugged out. Next attempt we did the same thing and it was fine. Everyone just kind of went "what the fuck"

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah essentially that was it. Was just curious if others had seen it. It wasn't our first time killing Maidens so we knew how the timers worked, it just completely "FUCK YOU"d us - like I said, mostly shitty because that's like 15 minutes wasted on an otherwise flawless run. We aren't Mythic raiders, and we raid like once or twice a week, so 15 minutes sucks.

Best Warlock spec for levelling/raiding right now? Demo?

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Where's the guy who posted about his gold earnings?

All I do currently is run the garrison on 4 chars and post to the AH. Guild fell apart, life's boring -.-

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm

Was sorka below 20%? we had this happen to us, but was becuase Sorka was on 22% while the other where sub 20% - so phase 2 started. if Sorka is the last maiden to jump to the ship then she is the one you need to bring the fight down to sub 20% on

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Was sorka below 20%? we had this happen to us, but was becuase Sorka was on 22% while the other where sub 20% - so phase 2 started. if Sorka is the last maiden to jump to the ship then she is the one you need to bring the fight down to sub 20% on
Probably, IIRC either Marak or Admiral were the closest and we just pushed Marak. Is that a bug or by design?

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Mythic beastlord down finally. My co-tank (DK) kept trying to tank during the wooly rhino/epicenter phase and he just kept getting absolutely shit on. I took it and took a hilariously small amount of damage.

Still wish I was a monk though (but fuck changing this far in). I feel like a statue would make the adds in that fight an afterthought.

Really surprised at how easy Oregorger (lolbomberman) seems as well. We spent a few wipes getting cd's and interrupts set up and I think on the 5th or 6th try got him to 39%.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
Fucking hate Oregorger in general as a healer. Fucking line of sight.

Also, it seems after doing BRF constantly since it opened that the most horribly designed fight is Blast Furnace. I understand what they were trying to do (make you stop Blackhands Iron melting by freeing the Fire Fury) but the whole encounter is a fucking shit storm.

Personally my favorite fights are Maidens and Operator and least liked Oregorer and Furnace.

Blackhand is very intense, but I'm glad it's a quick fight and not a 20 minute per attempt Garrosh.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Oregorger can be funny. "uh, 20%, guess I'd better deterrence and stand in the center until a healer finds me while my pet does all the work"

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
4 Mythic boss kills in 1 week guys! (Oregorger last monday, beastlord last thursday and yesterday we got gruul + hans'gar/franzok). I'll note down some nice information for y'all:

Beastlord - during the last beast, have your sturdiest (read: monk) tank take the boss while the other tank just picks up the adds. You can swap if you really want to when the beast dies but the monk should be all right soloing the rest, especially if he rolls out of his blood debuff properly. BL for the last phase and if placed correctly, should die

Gruul - two tanks, 3 groups with 6 people each spread around the boss. Do a 1 - 1 -1 rotation over and over again with tanks alternating after taking 3 inferno slices. REALLY easy. Ideally you should have your weakest tank soak during the first phase and the stronger tank the second time it happens (I can't die as a brewmaster but this was how my co-tank, paladin, preferred it)

Oregorger - first boss we did. Monk only needs to use guard for acid torrent, so give all other externals to the other tank. The way we beat this boss EASILY was to recruit a mistweaver monk pretty much. Revival and non-stop uplifting makes the rolling phase a lot easier, provided people don't die to him rolling, so I definitely recommend it here.

Hans'gar & Franzok - We had a melee group of 10 and a range group of 10 that each did their own smart stampers and then split on two sides of the room. Look at method's written guide to see where to stand during the 'normal' stamper phase, as that is the hardest part of the fight once people get used to the smart stamper phase. For smart stampers, it's better to move quickly than slowly in most cases, as you'll have enough floor tiles left providing you aren't running like you're in the special olympics

Flamebender next, sadly didn't get to try yesterday (looks really easy) since we had 5 minutes left of the ordinary raid time after we killed Hans&Franz. Looking forward to going 5/10 or 6/10 next reset though!