World of Warcraft: Current Year

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just getting back into WoW since last year. Bought WoD at the 25% off, and got things running again. I noticed X-perl Unit frames are gone. What's the new popular replacement? Appreciate the help.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Just getting back into WoW since last year. Bought WoD at the 25% off, and got things running again. I noticed X-perl Unit frames are gone. What's the new popular replacement? Appreciate the help.
I used xperl classic for years but is causes some serious frame rate issues in highmaul and foundry.

I switched to Shadowed Unit Frames and the game runs like a dream everywhere now.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I honestly can't even remember what I used in the dark ages before ShadowedUF, but I seem to remember it looked exactly the same but with ten times more configuring.

The last time I quit WoW, I deleted my addons. This was my deterrent to keep me from playing again. It worked for something like 14 months. My bars and shit aren't even aligned properly anymore, because fuck it.

WeakAuras is by far my favorite thing to play around with since coming back to WoW.

Sorrows - I just remembered I didn't respond to your tells I got mid-fight. Heh, are you at least farming the BRF mythics you already have down before going to Imp, or is it "Imp or bust?" That's exactly the shit that made me quit WoW for 14 months ^ "Hi, you just spent 5 weeks getting no loot as a trial raider. Now we are doing zero farm, 100% hard mode progression and you are still wearing LFR loot while we wipe 30 times a night. Isn't this great?"

So we set top 5 server speed kills on everything last night in our 30 man zerg ball, heh. Blackhand exploded.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Sorrows - I just remembered I didn't respond to your tells I got mid-fight. Heh, are you at least farming the BRF mythics you already have down before going to Imp, or is it "Imp or bust?" That's exactly the shit that made me quit WoW for 14 months ^ "Hi, you just spent 5 weeks getting no loot as a trial raider. Now we are doing zero farm, 100% hard mode progression and you are still wearing LFR loot while we wipe 30 times a night. Isn't this great?"
Imp or bust. It's a 2 night a week raid guild with perfect hours for me 645pm-1015pm EST Tues/Wed.

Too bad both of those days are wasted on fucking imperator (wiped at 3%-4% a few times last night).

I'm sitting on 10 fucking bonus coins waiting to go back to mythic foundry.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Imp or bust. It's a 2 night a week raid guild with perfect hours for me 645pm-1015pm EST Tues/Wed.

Too bad both of those days are wasted on fucking imperator (wiped at 3%-4% a few times last night).

I'm sitting on 10 fucking bonus coins waiting to go back to mythic foundry.
Ouch. Seems most guilds do it just to gain +1 on their wowprogress.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Yes it's all about trying to recruit more for the bench or to replace those who don't rank high enough.

With the ilvl boost nobody wants any of the loot from imperator.

Edit: Shows what I know. 3rd pull of the night and mythic imperator down.

Rime

<Donor>
Picked up 12-Months of token time at 21k each.

Given that I make around 5k each day doing nothing but combines/missions, it was a steal.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
It looks like the price for them dropped about 10k over night on my server.
The token marketplace is region-wide, not server-wide. The price dropped on "every" server.

I think the market is currently very illiquid. Not enough transactions to do stuff. That's why they readjusted the calculation period to 1h.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Picked up 12-Months of token time at 21k each.

Given that I make around 5k each day doing nothing but combines/missions, it was a steal.
Just coming back to the game. RR Bro needs to hook me up with some info so I can get rich! plx

Rime

<Donor>
Just coming back to the game. RR Bro needs to hook me up with some info so I can get rich! plx
Get to level 100.
Use an Inn to get lots of Treasure Hunter followers.
Level your Inn to 3 for the Treasure Finder missions.

You are good for 1kish per character doing that.

Tailoring bags on my server still go for 2600 or so. Most of the other crafted items are 700-1500.

If you have enchanting, there is a huge markup on the Temporal Crystal recipes.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
It's really not difficult. There's two-three main sources of money:

- Follower missions. Since you qualify for any missions, regardless of level, that reward gold, I have 2 to 3 gold missions waiting for me on average, whenever I log a character. To those missions you can add an additional mission from a level 3 Inn. You get anything from 100 to 400gold waiting for you. I do that twice a day (morning before work, evening coming back).

- Salvage. A level 3 Salvage Yard means that every level 100 mission and 20% of level 95-99 missions yield a crate of salvage that has 1 grey item that sells from 50s, a few ressources, a green that sells from 5 to 25g, and a follower token that you can also sell for 1-2g. I usually launch 6-7 level 100 missions every time, meaning I get an additional 100g or so in crates twice a day.

- Selling any resources you don't use at the AH (even at bottom prices if you're not an AH player). You can use the trade post to convert extra GR into more ressources.

Basically, with 15mn a day (launch missions, harvest mine & garden, open crates), you get you 800-1k gold without leaving your garrison. All you need is a level 3 barracks (for more followers for more missions in parallel), a level 3 inn (10 dungeon quests to do to unlock), a level 3 salvage, and any trade post. Recruit Treasure Hunters every week at the Inn for extra gold and you get about 50% more on average. Multiply by the number of alts you're willing to devote your time to.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I too bought a couple months of time when it bottomed out at 21k. I still don't get who the hell even buys all this gold though. Are there that many people that aren't max level buying mounts and pets and such. What else could it be? Accountant says I average around 5k a day and that is with literally only 15 minutes of time a day. I'm down to about once a week salvage binges so most days I don't even move from the mission table.

I can't complain though. My wive only bitches about my gaming when she notices the sub on the bank statement. Now it's out of sight out of mind.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Need to skip the crate step entirely and just have followers dumping loot into my bags.
I wish they would pay some intern like 5 min to write a script for the salvage yard that when I'm opening boxes it auto sells all the greens and greys, DE's the shitty transmog gear, and puts the few epics in my bags.

The whole reason I stopped bothering with the crates is having to hunt and pick through my bags to find the random shitty greens to sell. Fuck the horrible bag sorting system, it only works if you have like 4-5 crates to open. Anything over 10+ and you'll spend a good 5 min per character playing seek and destroy.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I too bought a couple months of time when it bottomed out at 21k. I still don't get who the hell even buys all this gold though. Are there that many people that aren't max level buying mounts and pets and such. What else could it be? Accountant says I average around 5k a day and that is with literally only 15 minutes of time a day. I'm down to about once a week salvage binges so most days I don't even move from the mission table.

I can't complain though. My wive only bitches about my gaming when she notices the sub on the bank statement. Now it's out of sight out of mind.
I could almost see buying one token to sell it for gold on my horde alt I am working on. Nice to get a quick infusion of cash to jump start their riding skill training funds/garrison startup.