World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
That would be pretty amazing to be honest. Aside from WvW that was my favorite thing to come out of GW2. I didn't get to experience much after the first few months cause I got banned for exploits lmao, but I did really enjoy the world being more than just a few quest hubs.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I would agree cross realm instances and LFR did kill community building in WoW, but quite honestly how many of us really have time for that shit anymore? Running a proper raiding guild back in BC was fucking tiring with the amount of drama you had to deal with and online e-fame you needed to maintain.

As a 2004 player I felt Blizzard did a fair job keeping up with my needs as a gamer. Is it as good as the glory days? Probably not. Then again I've outgrown the glory days, so I selfishly don't give a fuck about the death of the WoW community.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Counterpoint: the times I was casual during my raiding days because of RL in WoW, I had much more fun every day just logging in for one dungeon or catching up during classic, TBC and, to some degree Wrath because the community was there to interact with.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Counterpoint: the times I was casual during my raiding days because of RL in WoW, I had much more fun every day just logging in for one dungeon or catching up during classic, TBC and, to some degree Wrath because the community was there to interact with.
Not sure I would agree with you on that if I was experiencing the vanillia/BC era today, but I understand where you're coming from. It was good times back in the day.

Sterling

El Presidente
Lich King was a pretty good time to be a casual/non raider. Badge gear, Tournament, and your choice of 25 of 1239039082308423 different dailies, plus multiple reps to grind if you wanted to for hat upgrades and tabards.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Sometime people aren't talking about is how EASY gear is to get. I resubbed to see how the new patch was, the game is just shitting loot out at me and I'm disenchanting most of the LFR epics. The feeling of EARNING gear and having possessions that others didn't was good.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
The community is still there, you just have to want it. I resub every once in a while. When I do, all I do is run with my guildmates.

Just like you have the option to let the game play itself through mods, you have the option to play with people you know.

Chris

Potato del Grande
There was plenty of gear being disenchanted in vanilla and every expansion.
I've been playing for about 2-3 days, seems like there's loot flying out everywhere. Did the same late resub thing in Cataclysm and it wasn't like this.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tanaan grants you a ton of solid gear, especially if you farm until you get the right stats. However, that makes mythic dungeon and most of LFR gear useless.

Carl_sl

shitlord
In cata you had LFR AND justice points, so yes, it was like that, only more gear available at an actual raid ready level. Hell you had heroic dungeons dumping epics on you.

Sterling

El Presidente
Was like that in MoP as well. LFR from previous tiers is going to be pretty much poop gear. They add catch up mechanics, in this case Tanaan and the Garrison crates. In MoP it was Timeless Isle.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nu1teME.jpg

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I've been playing for about 2-3 days, seems like there's loot flying out everywhere. Did the same late resub thing in Cataclysm and it wasn't like this.
I mean, it took me a month to go from Mythic BRF gear to Heroic HFC gear. Yes, everyone gets purples and if arbitrary item quality is a big deal to someone then I guess you have a point, but I look at the important pieces of gear I've attained this tier and I certainly was very excited to get those items (heroic 4 piece, class trinket specifically).

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I definitely still get excited when I get tier/weapon/trinkets from Heroic/Mythic HFC even though I'm wearing mostly Mythic BRF gear. It's all relative.