World of Warcraft: Current Year

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Panda is done so there are no officers left.

Bearor and fred and some others transferred to some dead realm to be with another guild.
I think quite a few players are starting to wake up, who the hell wants to play this content until January ?

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
WoW token prices have been steadily increasing. It's not too significantly different (29k last I checked), but glad I got in when I did. I've got a sub through October next year. Fuck them if they can't get Legion out before then.
44k in EU, never been lower I think, so freaking useless. I subbed for a month, Tanaan is a shithole, designed by an idiot, random gear is also quite shitty, makes me want to play Diablo because I get more drops there.
I'll try a HFC lfr and then unsub at the speed of light. See you next spring or summer.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I'm getting really sick of randomized armor. Sure, gear drops like candy but getting the exact piece of gear you need with all of these other useless stats on them is nearly impossible.
It's called random. If you focus on one or two chars, you can have over half of their armor with your best secondary, and 3-4 pieces with their best two within a month. You get four-five pieces per day in drops on average during your dailies (from named, glowing chests, and the occasional rare drop on basic mobs), plus enough apexis to buy at least one. The law of averages will give you a good piece (with your best secondary) every day, and an optimal one per week. Of course, as you progress, you get more optimal stats for slots you're already geared...

Remember: this phase is supposed to last 10+ months, so the random shouldn't get you fully geared after two weeks...

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Were I Blizzard I would absolutely be using the gold value of tokens as a canary in the coal mine to determine what plans my customer base has. It nicely combines the interest people have to literally buying into the content (number of tokens sold for cash) along with the interest people have in maintaining their cash reserve by staying subbed or just maintaining their sub via tokens.

But yeah they know deep down that people wont last until the next expansion if it isnt super soon. They can, however, use Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm and to maintain customer engagement with the IP and increase chance of them coming back when the expansion hits.

For me Tanaan's big failure was navigability plus phasing. In Timeless Isle you could always hear people in chat announcing when such and such a mob was up and it was pretty easy to get to any location on the isle quickly if you were starting at the central sand pit or barring that there were a couple of loops around that pit or up on the cliff that you could wander through. For Tanaan you have a truly awful layout which makes it hard to get anywhere quick plus the layers of cross realm phasing means that even if someone does announce a mob is up...chances are it isn't up in your phase. The whole place gives you a lingering "you just missed the train" feeling

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Fuck them if this phase lasts 10+ months.
They have an internal alpha, we're promised access to the new continent for those at Blizzcon. So, beta in december. I think it's reasonable to expect it around Q2 2016... which means about 9-10 months of 6.2, 2 of which have already passed (yes, it's already been 2 months of 6.2).

Ok, maybe 8 months of 6.2 and one month of pre-launch undead invas... sorry, demon invasion event...

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Were I Blizzard I would absolutely be using the gold value of tokens as a canary in the coal mine to determine what plans my customer base has. It nicely combines the interest people have to literally buying into the content (number of tokens sold for cash) along with the interest people have in maintaining their cash reserve by staying subbed or just maintaining their sub via tokens.

But yeah they know deep down that people wont last until the next expansion if it isnt super soon. They can, however, use Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm and to maintain customer engagement with the IP and increase chance of them coming back when the expansion hits.

For me Tanaan's big failure was navigability plus phasing. In Timeless Isle you could always hear people in chat announcing when such and such a mob was up and it was pretty easy to get to any location on the isle quickly if you were starting at the central sand pit or barring that there were a couple of loops around that pit or up on the cliff that you could wander through. For Tanaan you have a truly awful layout which makes it hard to get anywhere quick plus the layers of cross realm phasing means that even if someone does announce a mob is up...chances are it isn't up in your phase. The whole place gives you a lingering "you just missed the train" feeling
It's hard to move around and nameds are just exploding left and right. I was under Deathtalon (I believe that was its name, a green bird) that spawned with about 9 milion hp, it lasted 24 seconds from the moment it was pulled, give or take 2 seconds (exactly 4 kill commands plus pet travel time). Not even flying mounts would get you there fast enough.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tanaan is super easy to move around in, there are FPs to ever single relevant quest area. Things are just dying too fast now that everybody has gear. If it really fast to move around everybody would complain the zone it too simple or small. Not to mention HFC bosses announce when one of the 4 super rare mobs spawns in your phase. Or you can just go to the spawn point and cross realm to one it is up in. Blizz really can't win with its player base.

I think we will see Beta launch pre Blizzcon. There are aiming for Q1 release.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I haven't noticed any phasing in Tanaan, but I'm on a medium pop server. If there are a ton of players in one area you definitely have to be right under a rare to see it/target it, but that's how they've handled what they send to the client since late MoP (maybe 6.0?).

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
It's called random. If you focus on one or two chars, you can have over half of their armor with your best secondary, and 3-4 pieces with their best two within a month. You get four-five pieces per day in drops on average during your dailies (from named, glowing chests, and the occasional rare drop on basic mobs), plus enough apexis to buy at least one. The law of averages will give you a good piece (with your best secondary) every day, and an optimal one per week. Of course, as you progress, you get more optimal stats for slots you're already geared...

Remember: this phase is supposed to last 10+ months, so the random shouldn't get you fully geared after two weeks...
"I hate random"

"It's called random"

"No shit, that's why I hate it"

DavivMcD

Peasant
It's hard to move around and nameds are just exploding left and right.
Aviana's Feather solves both those problems. Granted if a mount named spawns in an area that happens to be one of the dailies, it's not gonna last very long. But you can't expect to get instant access to all rares across the zone.

They really need to hurry up with the damn flying though. And fuck them for the rep grind requirement. I know revered isn't that bad, but I got the other flying requirements in literally 1-2 hours, while the reps require a minimum of 2-3 weeks.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
September 1 for flying patch. They announced that yesterday or the day before.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's hard to move around and nameds are just exploding left and right. I was under Deathtalon (I believe that was its name, a green bird) that spawned with about 9 milion hp, it lasted 24 seconds from the moment it was pulled, give or take 2 seconds (exactly 4 kill commands plus pet travel time). Not even flying mounts would get you there fast enough.
Weird side note though is the area up by kiljadens throne on my server has been dead this week so my stupid prey finder keeps porting me up there and those things are pretty hard for me to solo if there is nobody up there keeping the wandering stuff dead.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm sort of excited for flying just to be able to farm even more.

As far as rares go, the way I view it is if you're not camping one of the 4 main rare spots and actively searching the LFG tool then that's your problem if you miss it. People get so salty when groups don't wait but when 20+ people have been camping the spawn for the last 25 minutes don't expect them to wait for your dumbass to cross the entire zone.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider

As far as rares go, the way I view it is if you're not camping one of the 4 main rare spots and actively searching the LFG tool then that's your problem if you miss it. People get so salty when groups don't wait but when 20+ people have been camping the spawn for the last 25 minutes don't expect them to wait for your dumbass to cross the entire zone.
I might have said it before but once I got done with the 60 rares achievement it took me 5 minutes of realm hopping to get the predator title.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>

When I was looking for the mounts I would go to the spawn point of the rare (Terrorfist, Deathtalon, etc) and search the first few letters ("ter", "death", etc) and refresh it every few seconds. It never took more than 5 minutes or so to catch a group (per rare) during prime time. Outside of prime time it's pretty hit and miss though.