World of Warcraft: Current Year

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Heh I was chatting with people I'd met in my time on A52 who had gone to other guilds and man, the Legion announcement just flat out murdered raiding. At least half of our server top 20 is done. Nobody wants a repeat of the year long SoO debacle. Raiding ball-bashing mythics for loot that is going to be replaced on the first or second day has turned into a shit sandwich for nearly everyone.

They should have at least given us an optimistic launch window like "winter" to keep people around. This was a massacre. There is blood running in the streets of empty garrisons everywhere.

DavivMcD

Peasant
How does an expansion announcement change anything? Current tier is going to be the only content for a while. Your gear will be obsolete when the expansion hits. How are these 10 year old constants still a fucking surprise to so many people? Play until you aren't having fun anymore, don't quit because you think it will be more/less fun in X months.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
How does an expansion announcement change anything? Current tier is going to be the only content for a while. Your gear will be obsolete when the expansion hits. How are these 10 year old constants still a fucking surprise to so many people? Play until you aren't having fun anymore, don't quit because you think it will be more/less fun in X months.
I was always confused about that as well. If you are doing mythic you are doing it mostly for either cosmetic looks for the gear for future transmogs or you are doing it because you enjoy beating things on hard mode. They had already announced even prior to legion that hellfire was the last raid in the expansion so the gear you were getting always was just for making doing the current mythic easier and was always going to be obsolete the second an expansion comes.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Man, raiding straight up murdered 5 man's. There's just no reason to do a dungeon anymore. The gear you get is immediately obsolete as soon as a raid is announced.

Also, man, the dungeon announcement straight murdered questing. There's just no reason to quest because your quest greens are made obsolete by those sweet, sweet dungeon blues.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Man, raiding straight up murdered 5 man's. There's just no reason to do a dungeon anymore. The gear you get is immediately obsolete as soon as a raid is announced.

Also, man, the dungeon announcement straight murdered questing. There's just no reason to quest because your quest greens are made obsolete by those sweet, sweet dungeon blues.
Honestly its not so much that raiding murdered it is they just eliminated most of the reasons for doing dungeons before. In prior expansions you could do dungeons to get currency to eventually buy some of the raiding level gear. This expansion the max stuff you were getting from dungeons until recently was 630. You could get 620 stuff in nagrand if you have the dwarven warmill to increase your chances at the upgrades. If you waited till 100 to do nagrand you could skip normal mode dungeons completly and have almost nothing to gain from max level dungeons.

So most went in banged out their couple inn quests for stuff they wanted did their legendary quests and that was it for dungeons. There simply was no reason to keep doing them. They offered no further rewards not rep and not gear. In previous expansions due to the dungeon currency I typically kept plinking away at some dungeon runs a week because I enjoy five mans more than raids but this expansion until the mythic dungeons were released it was just badly setup. At least now if you have one of those bags for needed classes making 500 gold per run is a pretty nice incentive to queue for them again.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Honestly its not so much that raiding murdered it is they just eliminated most of the reasons for doing dungeons before. In prior expansions you could do dungeons to get currency to eventually buy some of the raiding level gear. This expansion the max stuff you were getting from dungeons until recently was 630. You could get 620 stuff in nagrand if you have the dwarven warmill to increase your chances at the upgrades. If you waited till 100 to do nagrand you could skip normal mode dungeons completly and have almost nothing to gain from max level dungeons.

So most went in banged out their couple inn quests for stuff they wanted did their legendary quests and that was it for dungeons. There simply was no reason to keep doing them. They offered no further rewards not rep and not gear. In previous expansions due to the dungeon currency I typically kept plinking away at some dungeon runs a week because I enjoy five mans more than raids but this expansion until the mythic dungeons were released it was just badly setup. At least now if you have one of those bags for needed classes making 500 gold per run is a pretty nice incentive to queue for them again.
Yea they didn't like the "badge" system so they scrapped it...then they brought in apexis, but didn't give you apexis for doing dungeons...which makes it fucking retarded. But now they're bringing back timewalking badges, so who the fuck knows.

Also mythic kormrok is like 200% easier than mythic iron reaver, figure that one out.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Winter is coming.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Oh, I was just assuming people were thinking "oh god we'll be stuck in the same raid for 12 months again" and weren't as willing to wait around this time. I based this assumption on what every fucking person on earth* has claimed as the reason they quit with record speed after HFC release.

And also the final raid tier means that upgrades are just going to be used to make that same raid tier easier. You're not preparing for anything.

*possibly hyperbole

Rime

<Donor>
Oh, I was just assuming people were thinking "oh god we'll be stuck in the same raid for 12 months again" and weren't as willing to wait around this time. I based this assumption on what every fucking person on earth* has claimed as the reason they quit with record speed after HFC release.

And also the final raid tier means that upgrades are just going to be used to make that same raid tier easier. You're not preparing for anything.

*possibly hyperbole
You are not alone in this.

I play on an already crippled server (Medium/Low Population - 58% Alliance to 42% Horde - I am on the Horde) and the day the expansion was announced everyone was so excited. That Sunday, when the supposed Q&A turned out to be nothing more than a recap, we had four people drop from raiding. Since then, we have lost five more. It is difficult to put together a coherent, on server raid group for Heroics - Bless those of you doing Mythics.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Isn't that consistent with Kormrok being much easier on normal and heroic as well?
This surprises me if it is. My guild was the opposite. First two were fairly easy, then a little bit of a struggle on Kromrok mythic followed by a similar pace on council. then we 3 shot Kilrog. Now the pain of Mythic Gorefiend is killing my fun. Feel like more wipes than Blackhand will happen.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Yea they didn't like the "badge" system so they scrapped it...then they brought in apexis, but didn't give you apexis for doing dungeons...which makes it fucking retarded. But now they're bringing back timewalking badges, so who the fuck knows..
My favorite part of them taking out the badge system is how they said they were going to replace it with more gold rewards, such that doing dungeons was going to be (one of) the best ways to make money at end game.

"Hey guys I told them they'd get a lot of gold for dungeons. How much should 'a lot' be? Like....100?" "No you're fucking crazy, nobody has 100 gold, give em 70." "LOL What if I make it 69?" "Lol"

xzi

Mouthbreather
Flying will kick some life into the game for me personally for about 2 weeks. I have enough token time to last well into legion, so whatever. Two irl friends have been playing a bit more lately so I transferred over to their server and we've been running dungeons for that 250g bonus to the guild, that's been kinda fun.

I'm also working on loremaster, I can't do a few super low level quests without like.. paying some low level to do them for me because even naked+res sickness I 1shot mobs
frown.png
but I'd imagine by the time I finish loremaster the Legion pre-event will start. I don't know what I'm going to do when Legion has the inevitable content drought though ._.