World of Warcraft: Current Year

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Well, there is a huge ilvl gulf that they can insert gear more gear into. Mythic raiders are at like 730-735 and Legion STARTS at ilvl800 (this is what the heirloom trinkets scale up to at 110) with normal/heroic dungeons probably being 815/830. It's triple the ilvl gap that existed between Mythic SoO and the WoD start point. First raid tier will probably be 845-855 for normal mode and 860-870 for heroic. That's about four times the stats of current Mythic gear which means they'll have to do a stat squish for Legion or hit the boss HP cap again in the second raid tier. So it makes sense that they'll roll out the squish with some content to both bridge the ilvl gap and make sure the squish is actually working.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I want to believe WoD was so light because they are really making some significant changes/advances in Legion. I will probably be wrong.
Nothing wrong with taking an optimistic approach. I really hope you are right but things seem so fucking chaotic over there now.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea so far this is nothing but SCII xpack hype.

Free stream stops after the opening event (1st hour).

xzi

Mouthbreather
I am very stupidly hype just by Metzen starting to talk about Legion, I have not learned my lesson.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I am very stupidly hype just by Metzen starting to talk about Legion, I have not learned my lesson.
Masochist!

I have no hype at all for WoW xpac - ive not seen a single thing to make me give it a second look just yet.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I thought it was pretty "meh" to be honest
It was. Looked like it'll be on par with the last TMNT movie or Transformers. Matinee at best, but most likely a rainy day time-waster that is groaned at continuously. The baby CGI looked like shit.

Kinda sad, with a "realistic" fantasy take, the Lich King story is ready-made for a movie with a good script and director.

So far, the opening ceremony is not bad. Overwatch looks cool and I kinda want to try HOTS. Surprised they saved WoW for the end. Figured they'd get the old guy out of the way to focus on new properties. Well...I guess D3 is getting saved for last maybe?? New xpac??

Oh and ROLL THE FUCK OUT OF MY EYES at the "VILLAIN WE CANNOT DEFEAT ALONE!!!!" Like since WOTLK??

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
"An expansion set that's been building for a very long time."

Completely said unironically.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Meh I'll buy the xpack. I had a fun few months in WoD. Got my money's worth for sure.