World of Warcraft: Current Year

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
You and the other kid, calm your tits, I will explain.

I am a mythic raider, playing since launch. Sitting at 24k Achievements and got marshal again this RBG season and have a 2.3K arena rating atm. I play this game day by day contrary to you guys. And every expansion it's the same tiresome shit, "rework" classes because a.) class fantasy not met or b.) does nothing for gameplay or c.) some new unheard "lead" game designer needs to make a point. The only thing that ever made sense was the removal of the +x value talent tree. I like having to manage runes as a blood DK, I like throwing to finish a mob as paladin and I liked charred remains as a destro warlock. And yes, I switched seals as a paladin, occasionally but I did it. Also playing 2h as a frost DK was fine for 6 years. No sirs, this streamlining or simplifying should stop now. Seeing that a lot of abilities are now instant cast but on a shorter duration, e.g. the warlock demons (1 min recast but only 20 secs duration) leads to even more DDR gameplay and I am sick and tired of diablo style boss fights. Some changes are okay, like giving class roles more meaning, but honestly if I can not ress as a ret paladin i just switch to holy real quick and ress the guy.

They just run out of ideas but desperately search for "freshness".
You might have a good point or two in there, but might want to work on not sounding like "What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I?ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I?ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I?m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces..." when you try to bring it across.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You might have a good point or two in there, but might want to work on not sounding like "What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces..." when you try to bring it across.
The difference being the guy in your example is a fucking badass and should be given the utmost respect, while kris is a poopsocking nerd that thinks E-cred is a thing.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have a fresh 100 that I want to gear up, but if I go in Tanaan I may explode when a mob looks at me sideways, ilvl is 606 now. My old main had 2 pieces of account bound shit, but none are the right armor type.
So what would you guys suggest me to assemble a Tanaan-capable gear set as fast as possible? Prefer to not waste gold if I can avoid it.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I have a fresh 100 that I want to gear up, but if I go in Tanaan I may explode when a mob looks at me sideways, ilvl is 606 now. My old main had 2 pieces of account bound shit, but none are the right armor type.
So what would you guys suggest me to assemble a Tanaan-capable gear set as fast as possible? Prefer to not waste gold if I can avoid it.
Do Tanaan anyway. If you're careful about what fight you pick and try to stay away from groups, you'll survive no pbm, specially if you have the tank bodyguard with you. If you haven't recruited her, do it first, then head back to Tanaan. There's a couple oftreasuresthat can help, plus if you have the location of chests from your main in Gathermate, you can hit them and they often have Baleful in them (provided you're not at primetime/in the weekends, when it's almost impossible to find a chest). It should even be faster now, since you can get more auto-upgrades to your Baleful tokens.

Oh, and forgot: search for your weekly Kazaak (with GR-purchased seal) in LFG, get summoned safely there, kill, roll random double loot, profit.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
You can also use the artillary strike garrison ability from talador in tanaan. It's good in emergency situations and clearing out packs of shitties.

xzi

Mouthbreather
"I've played this game hardcore for 11 years and I've just now realised it's a Diku-clone".

...anyway

Talent calc:Talent Calculator - WowDB - Warlords of Draenor

Item db:date:2015-11-22 - Wowhead Search
Paladin auras are back! 10 yards is.. very small, but.. AURAS. That mixed with Beacon of the Savior (Dealing dmg with Crusader Strike/Judgement/Holy Shock/Denounce/autoattacks also heals your beacon of light for 250% Spell Power) seems very interesting to me. Not sure it'd be totally useful in raids unless it's a stacking fight, but I really love running dungeons and I am constantly DPSing as a holy paladin in dungeons while throwing out spot heals. Beacon of the Savior seems extremely strong for 5mans and the fact it compliments how I play makes me jizz even more on myself

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I wonder if 5 man dungeon bosses' hp will be boosted to compensate for healer dps?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
lol, yea in 7.3 by time the only healers allowed in farm content are disc priests.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Looking at some of those items posted as well, some of them seem so powerful what the hell. Legendaries are the new epics apparently. I like that the gear varies a lot but I worry about how many groups/guilds are going to be stupid as fuck and be like "Well, you don't have thesetotally ridiculous Rogue bootsso you're not invited"

On the other hand.. I'm glad the legendaries actually have pretty powerful stats on them, being legendary and all. I don't mind playing Diablo the MMO

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Well, that's going to be the rub of it all. Either they have ENOUGH stuff where it's kind of a wash, you just cobble together enough sets/legendaries as you can within each tier or it will go back to the "sorry, you don't have X/Y/Z items".

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, they're gonna have a hard time balancing around everyone having the OP legendaries for the mythic difficulties; do you assume everyone is fully legendary'd or do you assume no one has them? There's some room for a middle ground, of course, but I'm anxious to see where they end up.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Plus the lulz, spend two raid tiers as demo lock, out farming and legendary DoT super crit neck drops then you're like fuck... Time to farm up artifact for affliction.

DavivMcD

Peasant
You and the other kid, calm your tits, I will explain.

bla bla bla
Your examples are all over the fucking place, but you missed the point entirely. You wanted interesting PVE abilities and spells. Maybe our views differ on this, but 'interesting' to me doesn't mean 'the same exact abilities you've been using for 11 years, plus new ones'. They tried that for 3-4 expansions already, that's what leads to ability bloat. The streamlining examples you are cherry-picking aren't simply cases of removing abilities and leaving everything else as it is. They are specific cases where they are adding NEW mechanics and rotations, and the parts they are removing are somewhat tedious and mindless.

For example, Blood DK runes: if you have actually played a blood DK in the last 4 years you'd know that runes are basically all purple 100% of the time anyway. There's NOTHING to manage right now; you blood boil a couple times at the start of the fight, then it's nothing but death strike til everything's dead. Any changes to that are situational, NOT based on your runes. And the reason rune management is so easy for Blood as compared to UH or Frost, is that you have plenty of other things to manage and worry about as a tank than as a dps.

Back to the point, they are, so far, successful in at least making the class changes look new and interesting. Between the major class shakeups (Disc Priest, Demon Warlock, Survival Hunter, etc), the talents (they are actually out now, you're allowed to bitch if you want but there are certainly dozens of new and interesting abilities), and Diablo 3 style legendaries (SoulweaveandHelztstone), there is going to be a pretty crazy amount of variety between players of the same class, and more between different specs of the same class than ever before.

Of course they will probably nerf and homogenize everything by the first content patch, but the first month should be pretty damn fun.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
My first priority is trolling healers with Soulweave by standing in one-shot effects.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Huh, Kill Flip for hunters is pretty amusing. And UH DK looks pretty rad. 2 pets and an angry ghost.
LOL at the pocket horse for prot paladins. I concede style points there 8)

Brewmaster seems to be completely reworked from what it is now. No guard, no stagger mastery, ox as a talent etc. 30% to reset keg smash on tiger palm is pretty crazy though - brewmaster is clearly an early pick for top melee aoe dps, especially with sweeping strikes both nerfed to the ground AND made into a talent, heh.

xzi

Mouthbreather
My first priority is trolling healers with Soulweave by standing in one-shot effects.
Yeah fuck that, I'm ignoring that cloak like the plague, lol. Every single rogue and hunter I've ever healed in the last 10 years has been retarded and now you throw demon hunter Illidank in the mix, it's just gonna be a waste of mana.

Cursed Burdenseems nice though.