World of Warcraft: Current Year

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Priests, paladins, hunters and druids have nice class halls, warriors' one is also quite good, the others were meh, with the exception of the rogue one: that truly sucks. I don't know why they straight out refused to use Ravenholdt and were stubborn for their pick of sewers (reused Dalaran sewers). Death knights still use Acherus or is it a copy/paste? Monks still on their peak?

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've got the itch and am thinking of playing a character and doing some raids. Is there a good gearing guide to follow for the latest patch? Like, pretend I have a fresh level 100 with flying active - do I just go to tanaan or is there a better way to gear up?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Death knights still use Acherus or is it a copy/paste?
It's supposed to be another Nerubian Fortress, i.e. a smaller copy of Acherus.
Monks still on their peak?
It actually makes sense since they already have a teleport back and forth between there and whatever current content there is.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I've got the itch and am thinking of playing a character and doing some raids. Is there a good gearing guide to follow for the latest patch? Like, pretend I have a fresh level 100 with flying active - do I just go to tanaan or is there a better way to gear up?
Tanaan all the way. Tanaan baleful gear is way better than anything prior to citadel raids, except Citadel LFR if you happen to score a warforged socketed version (I'm obviously not including LFR in "raids"). Its downside is that it takes quite some time unless you're willing to spend 3-4 hours a day looking for chests and making sure you've got every rare, so you're probably going to do citadel LFR+Baleful until you can get into normal raiding.

With a full quest round-up and extra 3 apexis areas, you can get one to two 650-695 slot of your choice per day from apexis purchase, in addition to whatever tokens you get at random. That means (if you purchase/craft a 4/6 or better weapon) you're citadel LFR capable within the week. Don't bother with the old LFR unless you want to stockpile Valor, you're going to replace any lucky drop from HM/Foundry LFR in two weeks.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Tanaan all the way. Tanaan baleful gear is way better than anything prior to citadel raids, except Citadel LFR if you happen to score a warforged socketed version (I'm obviously not including LFR in "raids"). Its downside is that it takes quite some time unless you're willing to spend 3-4 hours a day looking for chests and making sure you've got every rare, so you're probably going to do citadel LFR+Baleful until you can get into normal raiding.

With a full quest round-up and extra 3 apexis areas, you can get one to two 650-695 slot of your choice per day from apexis purchase, in addition to whatever tokens you get at random. That means (if you purchase/craft a 4/6 or better weapon) you're citadel LFR capable within the week. Don't bother with the old LFR unless you want to stockpile Valor, you're going to replace any lucky drop from HM/Foundry LFR in two weeks.
How can you make 20k to 40k apexis per day? I mean, I'm not grinding my face there, but I'm not even remotely close to that amount. I never exactly counted how many I get, but I think I'm in the 8k range if I do everything.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Priests, paladins, hunters and druids have nice class halls, warriors' one is also quite good, the others were meh, with the exception of the rogue one: that truly sucks. I don't know why they straight out refused to use Ravenholdt and were stubborn for their pick of sewers (reused Dalaran sewers). Death knights still use Acherus or is it a copy/paste? Monks still on their peak?
Ravenholdt got burnt down to the foundations in the Legendary Dagger quest line, it's Acherus, and monks get the Wandering Isle rather than the peak.

E: Artifact talent trees -Artifact Calculator - WowDB - Warlords of Draenor

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
How can you make 20k to 40k apexis per day? I mean, I'm not grinding my face there, but I'm not even remotely close to that amount. I never exactly counted how many I get, but I think I'm in the 8k range if I do everything.
Because you only need 25k apexis if you want a guaranteed 695 item; if you want a 650-695 (the latter with lots of luck, it's usually 665-680 when I get an upgrade) to boost your ilvl, then your 7k+ daily round gives your nine baleful tokens for one week for the slots you're missing which is in addition to whatever tokens you got during that week (you're probably got more than 3 slots unless you're particularly unlucky). That's how you boost your ilvl to open LFR: you need 1 crafted weapon 675+, 12 baleful items and you're around 660 (you're going to miss one ring and one trinket, unless you got a Kazaak drop for the latter).

Once you've opened LFR, then you stop buying baleful every day and start stockpiling apexis for baleful improvements which you should only use if you have a good pair of secondary stats on one item (best+2nd or 3rd best).

xzi

Mouthbreather
Ravenholdt got burnt down to the foundations in the Legendary Dagger quest line
Everyone seems to have forgotten this, or just never looked in to the quest line at all. The only argument I've seen at all for this being the new class hall is the Vancleefs were the guildmasters of the Stonemasons guild that built Stormwind before they disbanded and Vanessa possibly recruiting people that worked for her father isn't super far fetched. Ravenholdt is a significant part of rogue history, but rogues hanging out in sewers makes complete sense in any RPG.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Spoilers!

Grant Gavinrad a final rest? Well, if youinsist....
biggrin.png

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ravenholdt got burnt down to the foundations in the Legendary Dagger quest line, it's Acherus, and monks get the Wandering Isle rather than the peak.

E: Artifact talent trees -Artifact Calculator - WowDB - Warlords of Draenor
I have to admit that the Enhance Shaman is getting some pretty nice abilities with their Artifact tree. Hell the very first one made me giddy. "Doom Winds" : Unleash the inner power of the Doomhammer, causing all attacks to trigger Windfury and it increases the damage of Windfury by some %.

Pretty much a must have for raiding. I would guess they are tuning content with the weapons in mind.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think they missed a great opportunity to make Ashkandi a weapon for warriors. The fury weapons just don't seem to do it for me. I know they've said they need to be scaled up a bit, and it's clear they were going to go 1h before the community uprise, but yea...they're all dragon themed, what gives?

furyWarriorArtifact01.jpg

furyWarriorArtifact02.jpg

furyWarriorArtifact03.jpg

furyWarriorArtifact04.jpg

furyWarriorArtifact05.jpg

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My favorite fury weapons were those 1hb blunt crafted ones from TBC, that was a big dragonhead :p

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
My favorite fury weapons were those 1hb blunt crafted ones from TBC, that was a big dragonhead :p
There are so many iconic class weapons in lore that the devs just ignored to create new shit. Like the blood DK weapon...they just, invented it on the spot.

xzi

Mouthbreather
That Bolvar video has me slightly excited. Also, blizzard voice acting has been getting a lot better lately imo.

Obviously there's hella spoilers in the video below as well: but hnnnnnng

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
There are so many iconic class weapons in lore that the devs just ignored to create new shit. Like the blood DK weapon...they just, invented it on the spot.
Agreed. The Warrior choices were shit.

The big miss was Broxigar's axe. It's a fucking Burning Legion themed expansion and Brox used the Axe of Cenarius to wound Sargeras in the original War of the Ancients. How is that not the quintessential Arms weapon?