World of Warcraft: Current Year

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, pretty awesome. Can see them nerfing that functionality at some point though as that becomes more popular.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I'm about 99% sure this is therealreason. Hell, even the wargames thingy in battlegrounds actually gives people a (temporary) character transfer to the opposing team rather that just using some sort of debuff or whatever.
I just with they would implement it the exact same for raids as they did for Ashran. Switch my character's race or whatever once I zone into a raid while grouped with the other faction. Just let me raid with my horde friends.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Has much changed since the WoD release? I bought it and played for like 2 months and havent played since. The "story mode" was cool but other than that the game just seemed more complicated. Plus i'm a cheap bastard and the $15 per month just didnt seem worth it.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Has much changed since the WoD release? I bought it and played for like 2 months and havent played since. The "story mode" was cool but other than that the game just seemed more complicated. Plus i'm a cheap bastard and the $15 per month just didnt seem worth it.
Yes but it's mostly flying + more stuff to do at cap besides garrison/legendary with shitty timeless isles v2. You are still going to be 'kept back' on the garr/legendary quests, flying is a pain but not impossible to get. PvP still dumb I'm sure.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
You only have to unlock flying on 1 toon though, so that's a nice plus. I hated having to buy those goddamn books for every toon in WOLK and MOP.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Note that CRA is also great for maxing reps. If you find a rare that you can solo (any/all of the WoD launch reps everyone can solo rares for with Baleful gear, although the steamwheedle rep ones are a little more challenging), just keep realm hopping until you max it.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Probably the main thing that changed is you can now buy a month's gametime with gold - ~33k ish at the moment I think. It's pretty easy to get 33k gold in a month if you play a lot, so the $15 shouldn't be an issue.

The biggest gameplay change is that mythic dungeons have a chance at up to 5 warforged upgrades, meaning you have a very low chance of getting top end raid quality gear from mythics. They also give valor for completion, which lets you upgrade most stuff by 10 ilevels.

If you like small group content, it's vastly improved. If that's not your thing it probably depends on how much you like hellfire citadel over highmaul.

Rime

<Donor>
Warforged from the Mythic dungeons is SUPER RNG, though. You have to hope for it to be Warforged (Like 5% chance?), then hope it has increasing upgrades, up to the 725. I ran all 8 dungeons four weeks in a row with a guild group of 5 people. We saw TWO total items hit the cap and only a total of seven that were over 715.

So... 32 bosses a week per person, 5 people, and 4 weeks... 640 bosses downed. We are, sadly, no longer doing them because nobody needs the Valor at this point and trying for that small chance of an upgrade is not worth it for most of us (we are rather casual).

We did manage to get all of our regular raiders at least one of the Heirloom trinkets, though, with a few managing to complete the set. On some bosses, and for some specs, the trinkets parse up there with Mythic Raid trinkets.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Note that CRA is also great for maxing reps. If you find a rare that you can solo (any/all of the WoD launch reps everyone can solo rares for with Baleful gear, although the steamwheedle rep ones are a little more challenging), just keep realm hopping until you max it.
What rep can you get from rares, though? Besides Steamwheedle.

xzi

Mouthbreather
The four major rares in Tanaan have a chance to drop theMedallion of the Legionthat gives +1000 rep to every draenor rep. They're also BoE, and have a small chance to drop out of bags if your role (tank/heals) is required in groups.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The four major rares in Tanaan have a chance to drop theMedallion of the Legionthat gives +1000 rep to every draenor rep. They're also BoE, and have a small chance to drop out of bags if your role (tank/heals) is required in groups.
That's once a day and (imo) much easier to search the group finder with another addon (PGF - public group finder) having it search and auto refresh every few seconds til it finds a hit and auto requests an invite for you.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Warforged from the Mythic dungeons is SUPER RNG, though.
Fun bit: one of the guys I raid with came back recently. His mage's average ilvl is around 670, he still had 600 gear... but has a 725 staff. From his second dungeon
smile.png

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I bought the expansion which came with the free 100 boost. I used it on my Priest. I must say that I am pretty impressed with everything that came with that boost. They deck you out in 640 gear that has a unique look to it, and the look is pretty nice. I did not even consider the garrison, but it auto levels a player to a Level 3 garrison with some followers in place. Really not to bad given they could have just leveled a player to 100 and left the player to do the rest.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So I bought the expansion which came with the free 100 boost. I used it on my Priest. I must say that I am pretty impressed with everything that came with that boost. They deck you out in 640 gear that has a unique look to it, and the look is pretty nice. I did not even consider the garrison, but it auto levels a player to a Level 3 garrison with some followers in place. Really not to bad given they could have just leveled a player to 100 and left the player to do the rest.
That's actually not bad... now I'm tempted to use that on a character.

Boloboy

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just coming back. Gonna boost a caster. How's mage, lock or priest doing? Anyone have a guild I can roll with? Will be playing quit a bit. I'm mtn time. Cheers

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mage and lock are both very strong. Arcane is one of highest dps specs in the raid game currently.

Boloboy

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Went lock on hyjal. Have to find add-ons all that kinda stuff. I'll 640 no idea what I'm doing. Wee fun