World of Warcraft: Current Year

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I know nothing about WOW now and about Legion at all but I'll answer your question:

1) Do Tanaan Jungle for gear.
2) Yes. But something else might be a little better? Maybe. Doesn't matter you'll be max level in a day anyway.
3) No.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Couple general questions, since I am just back into this now - stopped at the end of BRF.

1) Ashran - how is it different now? I did Ashran a bunch when it first launched, but I don't really know what I hsould be doing. Just follow the group and collect loots?

2) In legion, if playing a warrior, will I be able to level at a decent clip playing protection? Or am I better off playing fury/arms (don't know which is faster now) and gearing prot on the way?

3) Will the legendary ring be useful in the expansion, or will the ilvl be too low? (Don't know what the ilvl ranges will be).
For #3, If it's anything like MOP -> WoD for the cloak. The ring will probably be useful for a while, but will have major power loss as you level. The cloak would proc less and less etc. the higher level you were.

But typically from xpac to xpac, raiding gear can last until the mid to late levels depending on the highest difficulty/ilevel of the gear. Like mop normal/flex or whatever and some heroic lasted me until 95/96 before being really outclassed. Unfortunately, character copies from live to test aren't yet available and it's only templates. So no real way to check for certain. I also dont think the drop tables are finalized.

But I still think you'd be safe getting the ring. the higher/closer to 795 you can get it before xpac drops the more useful it will be for stats at least.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I mean with Ashran I can do something else while it's going on. I am a total shitlord when it comes to that stuff.

Also in case anyone missed the other thread - I've taken ownership of the Rerolled guild on Hyjal Horde if anyone wants to join us. It will be casual (most likely friday nights, with optional alt days) raiding in Legion. I'm there now just gearing up alts and making money.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Couple general questions, since I am just back into this now - stopped at the end of BRF.

1) Ashran - how is it different now? I did Ashran a bunch when it first launched, but I don't really know what I hsould be doing. Just follow the group and collect loots?

2) In legion, if playing a warrior, will I be able to level at a decent clip playing protection? Or am I better off playing fury/arms (don't know which is faster now) and gearing prot on the way?

3) Will the legendary ring be useful in the expansion, or will the ilvl be too low? (Don't know what the ilvl ranges will be).
1) No idea

2) It will be fast as any spec but you are probably better off leveling as your end game spec due to legendary weapons.

3) For leveling, yes. At 100, no, it will probably not work at all and a maxed ring (795) will be lower ilevel than heroic dungeons, at least. However, you will still get to use it in timewalking so it is worth getting.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah I mean with Ashran I can do something else while it's going on. I am a total shitlord when it comes to that stuff.

Also in case anyone missed the other thread - I've taken ownership of the Rerolled guild on Hyjal Horde if anyone wants to join us. It will be casual (most likely friday nights, with optional alt days) raiding in Legion. I'm there now just gearing up alts and making money.
I might be down for fridays if y'all need heals. I might also roll a DH like a loser.

Also, Ashran is easiest to get gear but it's mind numbing. Can get better gear in Ashran than in Tanaan though. Either way you're gonna be running around like an idiot all day.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I actually almost did turn down one guy. He made me really angry and I kept getting tells from people telling me he was the worst player they'd ever seen. He stopped showing up on his own so I avoided that frustration.

Not naming who it was because I don't know who they are on the forum.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I actually almost did turn down one guy. He made me really angry and I kept getting tells from people telling me he was the worst player they'd ever seen. He stopped showing up on his own so I avoided that frustration.

Not naming who it was because I don't know who they are on the forum.
Can confirm I was one of the people sending tells to Noodle to kick the retard

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Wish they'd let us convert current legendary items into heirlooms somehow.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
You say do tanaan for gear but I've heard the fastest way for 700+ is ashran
Honor gear is 700, conquest is 710. No idea how to do Ashran as I have never gone in there once. People will also freak out if you try to join raids in full pvp gear, even though they are statistically the same as same ilevel pve gear. Might be because too many retards are doing the ashran to win thing and know shit about their class. I am just shoveling the pvp tokens onto toons I will eventually play. I have three toons over 710 with H gear, and my mage is going to be 710+ soon as well just from kazzak and pvp tokens.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Wish they'd let us convert current legendary items into heirlooms somehow.
I hope they don't, and I hope they do more legendaries like the ring and cloak. Their stated philosophy with the legendary cloak is that it's a testament to the adventures and trials your character had in MoP when it was current. Characters that weren't around or active in MoP will never get the cloak. It dates your character and (imo) makes your character feel more unique - a veteran that's seen some shit, you know? While some may view the cloak as the game's first welfare legendary, I see it as being a part of the game's history. It's like a tangible "Ahead of the Curve" fear of strength, but for the entire expansion, not just a tier's final boss.

I don't know if they've said that they're going to handle the ring the same way, but I hope they do. There's something special about having a character with hard earned items that are no longer obtainable.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I hope they don't, and I hope they do more legendaries like the ring and cloak. Their stated philosophy with the legendary cloak is that it's a testament to the adventures and trials your character had in MoP when it was current. Characters that weren't around or active in MoP will never get the cloak. It dates your character and (imo) makes your character feel more unique - a veteran that's seen some shit, you know? While some may view the cloak as the game's first welfare legendary, I see it as being a part of the game's history. It's like a tangible "Ahead of the Curve" fear of strength, but for the entire expansion, not just a tier's final boss.

I don't know if they've said that they're going to handle the ring the same way, but I hope they do. There's something special about having a character with hard earned items that are no longer obtainable.
And I get that, but Thunderfury has already been whored out a few times for transmog/temp effects. I'd probably actually finish farming a Val'anyr if I could turn around and finish leveling a toon w/ it, etc. Largely irrelevant otherwise unless they ever allowed us to slot past legendary effects into weapons or something.

With Legion introducing a plethora of legendaries Diablo-style, just don't see the value in sentimentality, it's a bank slot and transmog item at this point. Cap them at the levels for the expansion they were relevant too if necessary.

Feels like an easy way to continue to utilize older content.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I've been using ElvUI for a long time along with weak auras and icehud and some other mods (TSM, MasterPlan, CrossRealm Assist) ... any suggestions for a UI replacement or mods I should be using? I've been using Le Followers so I can reroll my followers to get better counters.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Probably me.
Man I didn't want to say anything... people complained about how much of a dickhead you were and especially they hated your accent and how you always talked about killing your son. Sorry man..
frown.png