World of Warcraft: Current Year

Rime

<Donor>
Why the fuck does the left shark mission come up every other day. How is that shit not fixed by now?
The Left Shark shares the mission pool with the Heirloom Rings and the hippo Mount. Once you have the other four 'rare' missions in it's pool complete, it is the only possible one that can come up. In 6.2.3 they VASTLY increased the spawn rate of the Shipyard rare pool that those five items made up. It used to be an increasing % chance each week to get one of the missions. Now it is by day. So you get the pool complete in a few weeks compared to the months it used to take - After that? It is Left Sharks all the way down.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Left Shark shares the mission pool with the Heirloom Rings and the hippo Mount. Once you have the other four 'rare' missions in it's pool complete, it is the only possible one that can come up. In 6.2.3 they VASTLY increased the spawn rate of the Shipyard rare pool that those five items made up. It used to be an increasing % chance each week to get one of the missions. Now it is by day. So you get the pool complete in a few weeks compared to the months it used to take - After that? It is Left Sharks all the way down.
Pretty crazy there is so few items in the rare pool.

Rime

<Donor>
There are a few different 'pools' for both the Shipyard and the Garrison itself.

The Garrison equivalent is the Medallion/Gronn/Satchel/1000gr/Oil Barrel/Champion's Honor. But all of those can be repeated, so you do not get stuck with the same item over and over again.

Then there are the regular 'rare' mission pools that have things like the 500, 750, 1000 Gold missions in them.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think I have about 25 left sharks in my personnel guild bank. I wish they vendored for 25 gold at least.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
To receive the Ring shipyard missions, you must have it unlocked. You don't need to actually use it, just have it available at the vendor.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Mainly because it's a shit system.

Guild is finally pushing Gorefiend now. I wonder how our resident mouth breathers who couldn't dodge barrage are going to do...
Sad thing is, only healers need to dodge barrage as it only targets them. can have tanks/dps on all other sides and healers on one side and you always know where barrage will go.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Sad thing is, only healers need to dodge barrage as it only targets them. can have tanks/dps on all other sides and healers on one side and you always know where barrage will go.
That's how you do the aiming for the achievement (kill 12 orcs on top of the wall). Your healers are all bunched below the orcs so the Reaver shoots them.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Do you have the Ghostly Spyglass ship item unlocked?
Semi-related PSA that I'm sure I'm late to the party with: All the basic shipyard plans are account-wide now. I unlocked shipyard on a few alts this week and couldn't figure out why the Tanaan rares weren't dropping their plans, turns out they were already unlocked for my alts. The exceptions being fishing net and unskinkable; those are gated behind rep and have to be earned per character if you want them.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Semi-related PSA that I'm sure I'm late to the party with: All the basic shipyard plans are account-wide now. I unlocked shipyard on a few alts this week and couldn't figure out why the Tanaan rares weren't dropping their plans, turns out they were already unlocked for my alts. The exceptions being fishing net and unskinkable; those are gated behind rep and have to be earned per character if you want them.
Side note: there's sometimes a small bug that has the plans showing up as locked (red) if you unlocked them with a different character. You can still purchase them, and if you leave and return the shipyard area, they turn back into normal.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also the oil missions are locked to rep. That is the one that actually matters.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also the oil missions are locked to rep. That is the one that actually matters.
Yup I recommend doing the dailies or using the rep items to get to revered with the hand of the prophet rep from tannan to unlock that oil rig. Once you get that your navy is self sufficient and you don't need to do dailies to keep oil reserves up.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
For what it's worth, I run all the gold naval missions on several alts without the oil rig. Usually get a couple oil reward GR missions per day which is enough to keep things running. I'm sure I could make more by doing all the treasure missions but fuck grinding rep on alts. As far as the rep tokens go, they sell for way more than the marginal gains you'd get from extra naval missions. On a main, or often played alt, the rep is probably useful but I can't justify it on my back bench alts.

Hell, I'm at the point where even the 5k to get garrison 3 feels like a waste. You're going to get your 1 blingtron vault mission per account anyway and most of the other gold missions don't need a lvl 3 inn.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yup if you don't want to do the rep grind even doing a daily here and there and just make sure you do the garrison mission for oil rewards is usually enough to at least keep running one or two of the most lucrative treasure missions a day. The oil rig is just a nice fire and forget way to get 400 oil a day.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For what it's worth, I run all the gold naval missions on several alts without the oil rig. Usually get a couple oil reward GR missions per day which is enough to keep things running. I'm sure I could make more by doing all the treasure missions but fuck grinding rep on alts. As far as the rep tokens go, they sell for way more than the marginal gains you'd get from extra naval missions. On a main, or often played alt, the rep is probably useful but I can't justify it on my back bench alts.

Hell, I'm at the point where even the 5k to get garrison 3 feels like a waste. You're going to get your 1 blingtron vault mission per account anyway and most of the other gold missions don't need a lvl 3 inn.
However, the Naval Yard requires a Level 3 garrison. That pays back the 5k pretty quickly once it is developed.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty crazy there is so few items in the rare pool.
Well consider I have been playing wod since the shipyard was released and I just got the agil heirloom ring last month. But yes once you overcome that hurdle and get all the heirloom rings and the mounts its left sharks all day/every day.