World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Why do dailies then?
Because it's the only way to advance your garrison/shipyard/get flying/etc.

If you have a cache of gold you can just buy the rep medallions. They are 1000 to all wod factions. 1200 with rank 3 trading post. Just get to revered with the 3 you need, then you can just do the rest by buying the scrolls in garrison to get all the apexis quests and churn them out.
They cost 4k each on my current server and most of my gold is spread out among several servers. I only have 25k on my current server so not nearly enough.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Casual != pushing. Period. Enjoy the slow natural growth with pals. Everyone will finish N eventually. If the group keeps a solid core of tanks and heals you can even expect to maybe even finish H before the next raid comes out. But you'll never get a casual group into M.
Pretty sure even the minivan attempted (or killed?) Mythic Kargath. Maybe different people just have different definitions for things. Hist's mythic raid was one day a week. I think that's pretty casual. Not period.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Mythic wouldn't be impossible to try, but it would be impossible with people on other servers which the minivan was accommodating to.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Mythic wouldn't be impossible to try, but it would be impossible with people on other servers which the minivan was accommodating to.
Currently you can cross server mythic raid. I'm not sure if that will still be a thing come legion, but that is no longer an issue at the moment. I'm hoping it's a permanent change, as it would help guilds on recruiting and trying people out instead of forcing a transfer first.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Oh cool, but then we'd need to become the "Stretch Escalade Raids" and I don't know how comfortable I am with that

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Cross-Realm Mythic is not a permanent change; it's just for this tier, and just for the "oh god doldrums" between last patch and the expansion.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Cross-Realm Mythic is not a permanent change; it's just for this tier, and just for the "oh god doldrums" between last patch and the expansion.
That really is unfortunate then, if true. Not quite sure why they wouldn't want to keep it. Usually any guild toppling mythics is going to be fairly selective on who they bring in. Not like it will or currently floods the premade finder with shit groups.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Is mythic and city chat their last sense of there being individual servers then? Everything else is cross-server at this point.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
The problem with the Rerolled guild and Mythic was the strict 20 person requirement.

With Normal and Heroic set to flex mode you can have fun raids with plenty of folks along for the ride. The 20 man for mythic causes some folks to have to sit and nobody wants to sit. You have a pretty much set number of tanks, healers, and dps. That is what blew up with Rerolled trying to do Mythic. The first raid of the expansion is usually a pretty big gear check as folks are slowly building their raid set for this tier. It is only in the later tiers once folks are caught up that you can truly start to overpower the raids and carry folks into the harder content. So at the beginning folks are very harshly judged by their dps output. Like butcher on Mythic when Highmaul was fresh "You better pull 22k or you will be kicked".

In hindsight I think everything would have been more enjoyable if we stopped at heroic content and didn't try for that mythic push. Many folks don't agree and quite a few were "cutting edge or not playing" types.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
[Citation needed]

Are you just assuming because I believe the devs have been silent on this issue.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They should just make Mythic flex after one month after it being out. The vast majority of guilds aren't doing Mythic the first month of a tier anyway. That way you can still have your world first race for the 4 or 5 serious contenders and then do what's best for guilds on a whole after a month. Is anyone going to give a fuck that the 50th guild to kill Mythic whatever was able to use flex to beat it?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That really is unfortunate then, if true. Not quite sure why they wouldn't want to keep it. Usually any guild toppling mythics is going to be fairly selective on who they bring in. Not like it will or currently floods the premade finder with shit groups.
They've gotta get people to pay them $30 for sweet, sweet automated server transfers somehow.

@Foggy: Hazzikostas said when they first implemented it (for Highmaul/Foundry) that current-tier Mythic raiding is not intended to be cross-realm as long as it is still relevant. After all the realm firsts and progression for real guilds are done, aka the mid-tier-patch, they will then consider unlocking the tier; and will definitely unlock it when the next raid tier comes out. Basically, you can cross-realm mythic all you want, as long as you wait 3-6 months after raids drop to do so. While I joke about it being about "da moneys," their stated reason is to maintain relevancy for guild/realm relationships.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
They've gotta get people to pay them $30 for sweet, sweet automated server transfers somehow.

@Foggy: Hazzikostas said when they first implemented it (for Highmaul/Foundry) that current-tier Mythic raiding is not intended to be cross-realm as long as it is still relevant. After all the realm firsts and progression for real guilds are done, aka the mid-tier-patch, they will then consider unlocking the tier; and will definitely unlock it when the next raid tier comes out. Basically, you can cross-realm mythic all you want, as long as you wait 3-6 months after raids drop to do so. While I joke about it being about "da moneys," their stated reason is to maintain relevancy for guild/realm relationships.
Well I recently applied to and joined a guild on another server. The cross realm was used more for the application process. Once approved I still transferred. So blizzard still got my money for two characters.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone played ret in the alpha a fair bit? Really enjoying mine right now, but a little skeptical of the play changing in Legion. Not sure if I like the idea of relying on the buff from judgement, and basing all my dmg around it.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
They've then changing Ret pretty regularly so hard to say if anything will stick right now. There's a talent that allows for pretty much 100% judgment uptime with modest levels of haste that seems like it will be viable, but again, they've been doing a lot of tinkering so it's impossible to know where it will all shake out.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, I know. It just sounds like playing my combat rogue with slice n dice, of which I am not overly fond.