World of Warcraft: Current Year

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Any tips on how to make some decent cash at level 91? Trying to upgrade my heirlooms for the push to 100, but can only afford one upgrade.
Like the guys above said, its much faster to just level to 100 and money gets extremely easy to make when you start getting to high end missions. If you wanna level fairly quickly, in Shadowmoon Valley there is a quest calledShadows Awaken. It spawns an elite mob that offers something like 15k a kill w/ rested exp (and more with an accelerated exp potion from innkeeper in your garrison). It takes right at 1 minute to kill it and have it respawn, you just abandon the quest and pick it right back up at the spot where you kill the mob. Did my first four levels on my alt this way took about 4 hours in total, and is much faster. Another good option is to pick up exp pots and do all the bonus objectives you can in zones. Most of them offer anywhere from 60k-125k exp and usually take 5-10 minutes to do.

Gold is not hard to come by this xpac at 100.

edit: grammar is hard

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I have a 90 Druid, I want to take to 100. Currently Feral and Guardian are my 2 specs.

At 100 I want to be Resto + something else. How should I go about leveling, seeing as Resto does 0 damage. Ideally, I'd have Balance gear, level as that, and then have a head start on Resto gear come 100. But since I don't have that, just level Feral, and go loot Spec Resto when I hit 100? Hit 100 before I hit Nagrand, and then do all Nagrand quests as loot spec Resto, so I can get a starting set to start raiding?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I leveled my druid, was fairly well geared from MoP as balance. Was awful, I would have swapped sooner except I didn't have a Garrosh heirloom to use for feral. Balance just has this obnoxious quality where you have a mob at 10% health... would be 2-3 moonfires so you start casting starfire and then dots crit and the mob dies and you are just wasted 2 seconds and this happens on practically every mob.

Crone

I leveled my druid, was fairly well geared from MoP as balance. Was awful, I would have swapped sooner except I didn't have a Garrosh heirloom to use for feral. Balance just has this obnoxious quality where you have a mob at 10% health... would be 2-3 moonfires so you start casting starfire and then dots crit and the mob dies and you are just wasted 2 seconds and this happens on practically every mob.
General chat was helpful. Told me to go Feral up to about 98, and then just switch loot spec to Resto. Can ride Feral gear until 100, and with all the quest gear, at least can be ok geared Resto to start in on Normals and Heroics, and LFRs, etc.

DavivMcD

Peasant
I'm currently leveling a boomkin. I picked Force of Nature as my lvl 60 talent and have it macro'd into every ability in my rotation, so I'm constantly running around with 2-3 treants nuking shit around me. Basically when a mob gets low I just move on to the next one and dots/trees finish it off. It would be nice if the sun/moon cycle didn't ALWAYS start off lunar when coming out of combat so you aren't just spamming starfire 90% of the time; they should either just keep the status intact but paused out of combat, or randomize it or something.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The game time tokens are down to 18.9 K this morning. Picked up a couple of months for that price.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I have a 90 Druid, I want to take to 100. Currently Feral and Guardian are my 2 specs.

At 100 I want to be Resto + something else. How should I go about leveling, seeing as Resto does 0 damage. Ideally, I'd have Balance gear, level as that, and then have a head start on Resto gear come 100. But since I don't have that, just level Feral, and go loot Spec Resto when I hit 100? Hit 100 before I hit Nagrand, and then do all Nagrand quests as loot spec Resto, so I can get a starting set to start raiding?
Easiest leveling if your main is resto is boomkin. 90% of the gear you get is usable with either form and you basically just need some + spirit fillters for your weapon/jewel/trinket slots. Boomkin is in a pretty good place at the moment although the eclipse mechanic takes a bit of getting used to but in leveling it has little impact on you.

Crone

Easiest leveling if your main is resto is boomkin. 90% of the gear you get is usable with either form and you basically just need some + spirit fillters for your weapon/jewel/trinket slots. Boomkin is in a pretty good place at the moment although the eclipse mechanic takes a bit of getting used to but in leveling it has little impact on you.
That would be ideal, but I have zero boomkin gear right now as level 90 Druid. I suppose I could run Guardian spec, and spam random MoP heroics, with loot spec set to Balance, to pick up a few pieces. Will figure it out somehow! or just start leveling Feral.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Either option is fine I just find it easier to match feral with guardian and boomkin with resto The new main piece changes helped but you still wind up having to replace a lot of slots to switch from melee to caster effectively. At least with boomkin any + int trinkets, necklaces, jewelery work well in either spec.

Honestly any gear is probably enough to get you doing the intro to WOD stuff which by the end of it should be a full set or near full set of greens. Also regardless of which way you go check the AH for a 620 crafted blue weapon those things make leveling soooo much nicer if you don't have a scaling heirloom weapon.

Sterling

El Presidente
Crafted weapons are 630, which is way better than a loom. It's equivalent to a heroic dungeon weapon and likely has better secondary stats and can later be upgraded up to 675.

Crone

Crafted weapons are 630, which is way better than a loom. It's equivalent to a heroic dungeon weapon and likely has better secondary stats and can later be upgraded up to 675.
Forgot about crafted weapons. Will take a look at what's on the AH! Thanks! That'll help!

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I keep meaning to level up my Monk, but I never really got the hang of Windwalker spec as I always just did dps in Mistweaver with jade lightning. The new stances in Mistqeaver just feel clunky for reasons I'm not quite sure of. I miss being able to level up a heal spec by doing dungeons as a healer rather than having to redo the fairly awful plotline zones of WoD.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
Like the guys above said, its much faster to just level to 100 and money gets extremely easy to make when you start getting to high end missions.
Yeah, got 100 yesterday (less than 5 days played). Guess Heirloom farming would have slowed it down. But I will be doing heirlooms for alts because screw the tedium of redoing all of WoD quests...

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I guess harvesting professions are finallygood for somethingin WoD.

Wouldn't be surprised if it required maxed prof either, or that the chance would depend on your skill level.

Happy not having rebuilt that Barn yet either.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I keep meaning to level up my Monk, but I never really got the hang of Windwalker spec as I always just did dps in Mistweaver with jade lightning. The new stances in Mistqeaver just feel clunky for reasons I'm not quite sure of. I miss being able to level up a heal spec by doing dungeons as a healer rather than having to redo the fairly awful plotline zones of WoD.
Level as Brewmaster, it's a lot faster, safer and more fun (except for the flying kick). Pick momentum to run faster, pull as many as you can, you are quite close to being immortal on levelling content. WW is just a waste of time.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
This makes me glad I was too lazy to switch out my mining/herbalism for another tradeskill on my chars that have them.
Without flying, it's going to be a bit better for the competition for nodes, but the zones are going to be heavily camped. Ditto any skinnable beast.

Depending on the fishing system (everywhere? only as rares in fishing nodes?) it might be the best way for a few days when 6.2 launches. We'll see.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Same here, my harvester druid just built an inscription and alchemy buildings to churn out cards and non-bound catalysts. I could stop the cards though, the market for the trinkets is completely dead, although the catalysts are still useful, if only to make savage bloods on my alchemist.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I guess harvesting professions are finallygood for somethingin WoD.

Wouldn't be surprised if it required maxed prof either, or that the chance would depend on your skill level.

Happy not having rebuilt that Barn yet either.
Sounds like a good change it was really sad that gathering professions have been totally pointless all expansion so far. Hell even skinning rarely got used for me because once the barn starts cranking just keeping it churning craps out more leather than I can use.