World of Warcraft: Current Year

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So just out of curiosity, if I purchase a game token at 18k, can I wait for the game market to go back up to around 23-24k and sell it for that? Or do I need to sell it right away.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
We did Mythic Org last night and it makes me sad we went so many weeks with tank issues because that fight was simple.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
We did Mythic Org last night and it makes me sad we went so many weeks with tank issues because that fight was simple.
We finally beat mythic maidens last night and the guild leader announced we will be extending the lockout each week to work on blast furnace and then blackhand.

Now I have zero interest in logging in anymore.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Sorry Sorrows I hate that shit. At least you aren't doing it in half LFR gear like I was for early MOP progression. I quit so hard I even deleted all my addons and settings. That worked for a year and a half.

We got Kromog, the progression from "holy fuck we didn't kill a single pillar" to the kill was pretty fun. ~25 wipes, nothing too painful.

Last night I learned what it is like for people who suck at games. I felt like my brain was in a jar a million miles away - it's been like that at work for a week or so, too. I died near the end of almost every kill. Gruul? Thought I was safe, got hit by smash. H&F? Clipped a conveyor which pushed me into a stamper. (spreading out for the last % puts ranged into shitty spots for dodging anyway, we're expected to die or invul to solo stomps) Beastlord? Pinned TWICE while completely spaced out, and misdirected adds to no one and died because my focus was still set on a tank that wasn't even in the zone. If we hadn't one-shot him I'd have kicked my own ass out of the zone.

Granted, those were my only deaths and I was alive for every wipe. But I had absolutely no focus and it isn't because I'm bored or anything, it's really rare for me to phone it in - I never want to look bad.

I did offer to sit for every boss and apologized for being a space cadet. And I guess dying in the last moments of a win gets noticed less than dying first on a wipe, and we had plenty of people guilty of that. It's just weird to be playing and trying and then suddenly "oooh shiny." I guess now I understand how it happens to people. FFS, I almost started a boss without a pet and I have a bouncing fucking icon on my screen warning me when my pet is dead/missing.

Like I said though, same way at work. They messed with my meds and apparently it took away all my fucks. Plenty of work, but fucking about on the forum anyway.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Sorry Sorrows I hate that shit. At least you aren't doing it in half LFR gear like I was for early MOP progression. I quit so hard I even deleted all my addons and settings. That worked for a year and a half.

We got Kromog, the progression from "holy fuck we didn't kill a single pillar" to the kill was pretty fun. ~25 wipes, nothing too painful.

Last night I learned what it is like for people who suck at games. I felt like my brain was in a jar a million miles away - it's been like that at work for a week or so, too. I died near the end of almost every kill. Gruul? Thought I was safe, got hit by smash. H&F? Clipped a conveyor which pushed me into a stamper. (spreading out for the last % puts ranged into shitty spots for dodging anyway, we're expected to die or invul to solo stomps) Beastlord? Pinned TWICE while completely spaced out, and misdirected adds to no one and died because my focus was still set on a tank that wasn't even in the zone. If we hadn't one-shot him I'd have kicked my own ass out of the zone.

Granted, those were my only deaths and I was alive for every wipe. But I had absolutely no focus and it isn't because I'm bored or anything, it's really rare for me to phone it in - I never want to look bad.

I did offer to sit for every boss and apologized for being a space cadet. And I guess dying in the last moments of a win gets noticed less than dying first on a wipe, and we had plenty of people guilty of that. It's just weird to be playing and trying and then suddenly "oooh shiny." I guess now I understand how it happens to people. FFS, I almost started a boss without a pet and I have a bouncing fucking icon on my screen warning me when my pet is dead/missing.

Like I said though, same way at work. They messed with my meds and apparently it took away all my fucks. Plenty of work, but fucking about on the forum anyway.
We're just getting old. I've been doing the exact same thing the last few weeks. Age and rl are the only things I can think of. Used to not have this issue at all. Yet somehow for my first mythic thogar kill, I outlived the other dps until the kill happened at the exact time the apocalypse train wave hit. So somewhat of a hollow victory. Sat on maidens right after cause I felt that winging it with no personal research was not a good idea.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I can always tell how focused I am by how variable my DPS ends up being on the shaman. The class is all about timing and minimizing movement. It's really easy to miss out on DPS opportunities if you arent prepared for them and as a result I'll see wild swings in overall DPS.

Some nights it's challenging and I enjoy it. Other nights I just wish I was a hunter. Haha. I think the lazy side of me wins out most of the time.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Has it ever been said by Devs why hunters are the only ranged that gets to move around and still do full DPS? There was talk in thread a little that they were trying to move away from ground effects or something, but have just gone right back to every fight having these ground effects that screw casters.

I'd say everyone should just be a hunter, but I'm pretty sure that's already happening.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well, theoretically, they're supposed to have the lowest "turret" DPS of the ranged classes. Whether that ends up happening each patch or not is up to the "Fuck if we know how our numbers work" scaling gods.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
And they aren't the highest. They're just consistently good in AE/single target/cleave regardless of the encounter.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
im reforming my garrison to be productive so what super teams are people using for cache missions? ive seen 2 not sure if one is better than the other or not they both 100% them all

ake Dagg, give him a Grease Monkey Guide and Winning with Wildlings
Take Goldmane the Skinner, give him an Ogre Buddy Handbook and a Grease Monkey Guide
Take Ziri-ak and give it an Ogre Buddy Handbook and Winning with Wildlings

or
Blook (Arakkoa love + Beast love)
Lerojah (Ogre love + Arakkoa love)
Dawnseeker Rukaryx (Ogre love + Beast love)

i already have leo/bloo/ruk at like 665? 670 already though would just need to reroll traits, id have to gear up the other teams followers + reroll, im just wondering if the first team is more efficient not sure in what sense though if they both 100% missions, also do abilities they rolled with not matter? as i read over that guide it was all about rerolling for the perfect traits dont think i saw anything at all about rerolling abilities, unless im completely blind, damn just found out traits reroll 1 of the 3 randomly so fuck thats going to take a long ass time to get the right rolls almost seems not worth it, and who knows about the missions that award the books or w/e im sure they dont pop often

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
There's two requirements for a hunter to be top dps: Extreme movement with a single target. It's balanced from a numbers standpoint - hell, I'd argue that hunters are the MOST balanced class, because our numbers don't jump all over the fucking place from one encounter to the next.

We do have to put up with pet annoyances and pulling shit duty for whatever goddamn mechanic on every fight.

Elsebet

Peasant
I can always tell how focused I am by how variable my DPS ends up being on the shaman. The class is all about timing and minimizing movement. It's really easy to miss out on DPS opportunities if you arent prepared for them and as a result I'll see wild swings in overall DPS.

Some nights it's challenging and I enjoy it. Other nights I just wish I was a hunter. Haha. I think the lazy side of me wins out most of the time.
I think people just have a bad day sometimes. I know our last Saturday heroic BRF I was derping all over the place and I felt like I shouldn't be raiding anymore.

Instead I dropped my healing spec, picked up tanking and tanked a BRF LFR. It really freshened things for me seeing things from a different perspective (leadership) and now I want to organize our raids a little better including installing Hermes for external cooldowns and assigning healers.

Crone

There's two requirements for a hunter to be top dps: Extreme movement with a single target. It's balanced from a numbers standpoint - hell, I'd argue that hunters are the MOST balanced class, because our numbers don't jump all over the fucking place from one encounter to the next.

We do have to put up with pet annoyances and pulling shit duty for whatever goddamn mechanic on every fight.
Is that because they can DPS on the move, so they get to do all the shit, and are expected to DPS at the same time?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Yeah. I'm routinely at the top of blackhand while kiting every siege for example. But my dps is basically 45-55k every single encounter. I don't get to hit 90k on whatever random fight.

But bitch duty is the only way to keep every fight from just being another variation of not standing in fire, especially for hunters.

I'm sure they put that shit in there on purpose. It's just like how in old WoW you had warlocks ranged-tanking.

Hell, I don't feel much different playing a rogue, because of all the tools they get to ignore the stuff that fucks other melee. And again, a class that doesn't get to top meters often.

EDIT: Realize any class can handle most of these things, it's really only an issue when you take hard dps checks into account. And they've done a good job of pushing most of those to Mythic only, where class stacking has always been assumed.

Also, aspect of the fox being removed to eliminate any "x hunters REQUIRED" scenarios

EDIT: It's funny how many years it took me to find the class that finally fit. And annoying that it "fits" 14% of the population of the game, but I've had no problems surviving the competition. There's a whole lot of people who are just playing the wrong class I think.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

This is pretty much the biggest plus of hunters. You know what you are going to get DPS wise and it changes much less fight to fight than other casters so less likely any particular mechanic is going to shit all over you.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
And we aren't cut out when it comes to class stacking time because of Fox.

For now!

But this is my most enjoyable run of WoW since perhaps the very early "holy shit this is so much better than EQ the goddamn dragon flies and shit omg" period and I think it is a combination of the class and the people I'm with.

Now if I could just concentrate.

Crone

And we aren't cut out when it comes to class stacking time because of Fox.

For now!

But this is my most enjoyable run of WoW since perhaps the very early "holy shit this is so much better than EQ the goddamn dragon flies and shit omg" period and I think it is a combination of the class and the people I'm with.

Now if I could just concentrate.
Where are you playing not Kreug? Horde something.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Felblood just got changed to dropping from the Barn to dropping from gathering professions in Tanaan. Let us all welcome back the million underground mining/herbing bots and skinning griefers. (Anyone can skin a corpse that's been looted, so bots will just stick to people, following them around and immediately skinning everything they kill)