World of Warcraft: Current Year

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
If you catch WoD on sale you can get started for like 30-40 in box fees, get a free level 90 and I would think it's easily doable to have an established garrison by the time your free month runs out.

Arric_sl

shitlord
I like how playing WoW more now (establishing garrison with multiple characters) makes it FTP with extra gold left over. Other FTP games seem more like pay more if you want to do more.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Harrison jones is a treasure hunter and a mentor meaning anybody with him counts as his ilevel and I believe quality.
Quality doesn't affect the follower's chances, it just opens more abilities. So, no, Harrison doesn't give the follower additional traits. However, a level 90 with ilvl 675 Harrison Jones will count as a max-level 675 follower, AND EARN XP as such.

I wish Harrison had been available when I was a fresh 100. By the time he became available, he was just useful as an additional treasure hunter; my Inn-recruited treasure hunters always had a treasure mission with low xp to go with.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Finally Blizzard can reach the demanding standards of incompetence expected of a premier entertainment company. Celestalon just wasn't able to get there on his own.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure how it can be equated to a FTP game at all. A) Requires box cost(s). B) Constant upkeep to keep playing(making gold). Whereas FTP means no box fees ever and I can drop and pick that shit up whenever I feel like it and play it 1 hour a month if I wanted too.

Though I will say I wish all games had system like plex/credd etc. Would love to see actual numbers(income, ratio of lost subs vs extra money from people buying the tokens to sell, etc), but will probably never see stuff like that.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I see people mention they would play games like Wildstar if it was F2P. Well WoW is F2P, so I guess WoW is not worth it to play even when F2P?

WOW is F2P because anyone with a max level char can make the ~25K a month needed to buy a token, just from the garrison alone. It is very minimal time/effort. And you don't have to pay $$ for extra bag slots or character slots, etc like the other F2P games.
I have 5 level 100 and 2 of them have maxed out garrisons (one per faction): I could get a lot more per month than the token price, but the reality is that WoW is boring me nowadays. I'd be logging in daily to do chores for gold and dump said gold in token plus various bullshits I don't need only to raid once or twice a week, which I don't like much. So yeah, but no.

For me the main game is not the raid game, which is something I like to do occasionally and not as the main reason I play the game. In MoP I had a truckload of fun, even if all I did raid-wise was LFR and the random flex/normal pug. On average I raided 3 or 4 hours per week, the rest of the time I was having fun doing other things, from factions, to old raids (pre squish they were interesting, they are a snore fest now), isle of thunder, running dungeons, etc.

Wildstar f2p would allow me to level through a couple characters, run a dungeon every now and then and all the shiphands missions, scenarios, etc. without doing a single raid, so I guess it'd keep me happy for a good while, just like GW2 did for me (and is still doing occasionally). I just don't think WS is worth a monthly payment, while for example, I'm more than happy to pay for FFXIV, which is an amazing game and is keeping me well entertained.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Well having all high level purples helps but you can still make ass loads of money even with just green or blue followers. The main key is once you are at 100 or before get the inn. Do the quests get it maxed to level 3 rank asap. Once inn is rank three grab treasure hunter follower every week until you have 4-5 of them at least. Do the harrison jones quests for a week to unlock him. Once you unlock harrison jones focus on getting HIM up to purple quality and as high Ilevel as you can ignoring other followers if necessary. Harrison jones is a treasure hunter and a mentor meaning anybody with him counts as his ilevel and I believe quality. So if you get him to max you can do at least one high level follower mission even with total scrubs as other followers.

Also many of the 100-500 gp follower missions are not level 100 some are as low as 90-91 so if you have some good treasure hunters you can still rake in hundreds of gold a night even as you are working your followers all to purple and i level 660.

Bah edit

You can start picking up treasure hunters at level 2 inn level 3 is for the big ticket gold missions. Get the inn rocking asap if you are aiming for cash generation.
It takes much longer than a week to unlock Harrison, the daily quests are random and you end up waiting a long time for the last one. I still don't have Harrison because Blessing of Beasts has not spawned in over three weeks.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
If you catch WoD on sale you can get started for like 30-40 in box fees, get a free level 90 and I would think it's easily doable to have an established garrison by the time your free month runs out.
WoD doesn't come with free month (at least not in EU). It depends if you are having fun while doing so, playing just to save up 15$ is surprisingly similar to a job in my opinion ...

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Quality doesn't affect the follower's chances, it just opens more abilities. So, no, Harrison doesn't give the follower additional traits. However, a level 90 with ilvl 675 Harrison Jones will count as a max-level 675 follower, AND EARN XP as such.

I wish Harrison had been available when I was a fresh 100. By the time he became available, he was just useful as an additional treasure hunter; my Inn-recruited treasure hunters always had a treasure mission with low xp to go with.
I wasn't sure about the quality because by the time I got him all my dudes were purple already. That said he is still probably the best single follower to have and I highly recommend new level 100s concentrate on banging his dailies out to unlock him. It takes about a week and the sooner you get him the better he is.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It takes much longer than a week to unlock Harrison, the daily quests are random and you end up waiting a long time for the last one. I still don't have Harrison because Blessing of Beasts has not spawned in over three weeks.
Interesting it took me 7 days to unlock him on my last character. Probably luck of the draw then.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was about to say, but what about other peoples Harrison Jones, if he doesn't spawn in your Garrison, and then I realized that everyonoe who gets Harrison, gets the same daily quest. Oops!
frown.png
I noticed this morning he spawned on my Warlock, but no idea what quest it is today. Will check!

Got my Druid to 100, and went Resto. Having a hell of a fun time healing again. Got back into the swing of things and hit Gold healer on proving grounds, and at ilvl 597, went to round 11 on Endless. I like the Proving Grounds! Spamming Normal WoD dungeons to try and gear up!

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm trying to get my garrisons going, and I feel like I need the inn + a resource generator in all of them (lumber mill or trading post) on all of them. I would like to get a farm to start stocking blood, how do people fit that shit in?