World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's 650 badges per run (on average) and the mounts cost 5k. 10 dungeons isn't really that bad, especially if you're a collector and are used to running a dungeon dozens if not hundreds of times for a mount.
Wow thats way faster than I was expecting I did not know you got that many badges per run. Okay so maybe that is a bang out a mount in a weekend or two thing which is not bad at all.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Oh I don't see any armor on that list did I miss it?
Forgot the other junk added in the patch, they seperated it in to new items and not new items for whatever reason because MMO-C sucks

80 Mount Bridle of the Ironbound Wraithcharger 5000 ?
70 Mount Reins of the Eclipse Dragonhawk 5000 ?

90 Consumable Ancient Heirloom Armor Casing 750 ?
90 Consumable Ancient Heirloom Scabbard 900 ?
100 Consumable Timeworn Heirloom Armor Casing 1000 ?
100 Consumable Timeworn Heirloom Scabbard 1200 ?

1 Quest Commendation of the Kirin Tor 50 ?
1 Quest Commendation of the Ebon Blade 50 ?
1 Quest Commendation of the Argent Crusade 50 ?
1 Quest Commendation of the Sons of Hodir 50 ?
1 Quest Commendation of the Wyrmrest Accord 50 ?
1 Quest Commendation of The Consortium 50 ?
1 Quest Commendation of The Sha'tar 50 ?
1 Quest Commendation of Thrallmar 50 ?
1 Quest Commendation of Honor Hold 50 ?
1 Quest Commendation of the Cenarion Expedition 50 ?
1 Quest Commendation of the Keepers of Time 50 ?
1 Quest Commendation of Lower City 50 ?
1 Quest Commendation of the Horde Expedition 50 ?
1 Quest Commendation of the Alliance Vanguard 50 ?

226 Neck Neck Shard of the Crystal Forest ??
213 Finger Finger Signet of the Impregnable Fortress ??
200 Trinket Trinket Sundial of the Exiled 35 ?
200 Trinket Trinket Valor Medal of the First War 35 ?
200 Trinket Trinket Mirror of Truth 35 ?
245 Trinket Trinket Mark of Supremacy 35 ?
110 Trinket Trinket Emblem of Fury 35 ?
110 Trinket Trinket Icon of the Silver Crescent 35 ?
110 Trinket Trinket Bloodlust Brooch 35 ?
226 Neck Neck All Strength Spiked Battleguard Choker ??
245 Finger Finger All Strength Bloodshed Band ??
110 Trinket Trinket All Strength Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker 601 35 ?
226 Neck Neck Healer Frozen Tear of Elune ??
213 Finger Finger Healer Renewal of Life ??
226 Neck Neck All Agility Broach of the Wailing Night ??
213 Finger Finger All Agility Ring of Invincibility ??
226 Neck Neck All Intellect Evoker's Charm ??
213 Finger Finger All Intellect Band of Channeled Magic ??
200 Trinket Trinket All Intellect The Egg of Mortal Essence 35 ?
110 Trinket Trinket All Intellect Essence of the Martyr 35 ?
110 Off Hand Off Hand All Intellect Talisman of Kalecgos 25 ?
110 Back Back Farstrider Defender's Cloak 50 ?
136 Back Back All Strength Dory's Embrace 50 ?
110 Back Back Healer Bishop's Cloak 50 ?
110 Back Back All Agility Blood Knight War Cloak 50 ?
110 Cloth Head All Intellect Cowl of Naaru Blessings 35 ?
264 Cloth Chest All Intellect Meteor Chaser's Raiment ??
128 Cloth Waist All Intellect Voodoo-Woven Belt 35 ?
141 Cloth Legs All Intellect Corrupted Soulcloth Pantaloons 25 ?
213 Cloth Feet All Intellect Xintor's Expeditionary Boots ??
264 Cloth Hands All Intellect Gloves of False Gestures ??
110 Back Back All Intellect Shawl of Shifting Probabilities 50 ?
110 Leather Head Mask of the Deceiver 35 ?
264 Leather Chest Shadow Seeker's Tunic ??
141 Leather Waist Belt of the Silent Path 35 ?
141 Leather Legs Trousers of the Scryers' Retainer 25 ?
213 Leather Feet Boots of Captain Ellis ??
264 Leather Hands Cat Burglar's Grips ??
110 Mail Head Storm Master's Helmet 35 ?
264 Mail Chest Longstrider's Vest ??
141 Mail Waist Aftershock Waistguard 35 ?
141 Mail Legs Rushing Storm Kilt 25 ?
213 Mail Feet Pack-Ice Striders ??
264 Mail Hands Logsplitters ??
110 Plate Head Faceguard of Determination 35 ?
264 Plate Chest Castle Breaker's Battleplate ??
141 Plate Waist Girdle of Seething Rage 35 ?
141 Plate Legs Legplates of Unending Fury 25 ?
213 Plate Feet Kyzoc's Ground Stompers ??
264 Plate Hands Gauntlets of the Kraken ??
110 Shield Off Hand All Strength Azure-Shield of Coldarra 25 ?
110 Shield Off Hand All Intellect Mazthoril Honor Shield 25 ?
146 Two-handed Axe Two Hand All Strength The Blade of Harbingers 100 ?
146 One-handed Mace One Hand All Intellect Gavel of Naaru Blessings 35 ?
115 One-handed Sword One Hand All Strength Sword of Unyielding Force 35 ?
146 Staff Two Hand All Agility Staff of the Forest Lord 100 ?
141 Staff Two Hand All Intellect Staff of the Soul-Eater 100 ?
146 Fist Weapon One Hand All Agility Vanir's Fist of Brutality 35 ?
146 Dagger One Hand All Agility The Mutilator 35 ?
146 Dagger One Hand All Intellect Scryer's Blade of Focus 35 ?
146 Crossbow Ranged All Agility Crossbow of Relentless Strikes 100 ?

65 Junk Barrel of Fish 25 ?
1 Junk Crate of Meat 25 ?
70 Junk Bag of Fishing Treasures 150 ?
70 Junk Mark of the Ashtongue 1250 ?
1 Holiday Timeless Mirror 500 ?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Ahh cool yeah haven't done any timewalking yet because I just came back. I have alts that need some loving so I will look into it. I assume we have a timewalk era this weekend?

xzi

Mouthbreather
Ahh cool yeah haven't done any timewalking yet because I just came back. I have alts that need some loving so I will look into it. I assume we have a timewalk era this weekend?
Yeah, Timewalking for WOTLK dungeons starts tomorrow and runs til tuesday.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
archimonde should at very least drop items of the same ilevel as the boosted apexis stuff from tannan. I don't think it is asking for to much to have the end boss in a raid even if it is LFR drop things along the quality of what you can get solo at no danger to yourself in about a week or a weekend if its the apexis event.
Doing all the dailies nets you less than 10k. It will take you much longer than a week to fill up on 695 gear. It is probably faster than LFR, and obviously more effective. Blizzard has basically said LFR exists for you to see the content and that is it. That is okay and I believe that is how it should be.

As for your dress up comment, heaven forbid something in this game is earned anymore.

Xelnix_sl

shitlord
Blizzard has basically said LFR exists for you to see the content and that is it. That is okay and I believe that is how it should be.

As for your dress up comment, heaven forbid something in this game is earned anymore.
WoD's design only cost them millions of subs. Guess it was the right choice! Blizzard should hire you to design the next xpac and kill the game for good.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
WoD's design only cost them millions of subs. Guess it was the right choice! Blizzard should hire you to design the next xpac and kill the game for good.
The LFR loot not being pretty enough cost them millions of subs.... okay. Don't make it to 9 posts.

Carl_sl

shitlord
raiding is literally the last thing that cost them any subs as it's the thing they did best, I do think that there was a whiplash effect this expac though. There were 10 million players and they formed guilds to do raids then the people who were going to quite anyway left leaving holes in raid rosters, the people who would have stuck around then got discouraged and left because after a few million leaving it was difficult to field a competent team.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
There are some hardcore LFR white knights here. Hey, I get it; I too am way more casual now than I was in vanilla, but LFR isn't the raid you casual crusty vets deserve. Normal tier raids have never had a lower barrier to entry. You can get in a normal run quite easily now, and you can drop in or out without concerns of holding your group back (if you choose to do more than pug'ing).

Blizzard is balancing the desire of people who want to see raid content without actually raiding and people that enjoy organized, large group play. I think where they're at with LFR now is perfect. There's no incentive for raiders to run it and decent incentive for people to try normal difficulty for the real raid experience.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Nope.

Doesn't matter what the barrier of entry is for Normal as compared to LFR for the simple reason that you can queue for LFR and you can't for Normal. That alone cost them my sub and I suspect a number of others as well as I was staying subbed just so I could pop in and do some LFR for modest bling. When modest bling turned into complete shit and LFR went full retard I dropped.

Turn Normal into LFR Heroic with an ilevel barrier to entry and the presence of an in-game group finder and things would be much better.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
^

Just combine LFR and Normal. 4 is too many
3 difficulties:
Normal which you can q for. Drops XXX ilvl armor
Heroic which you need to form a group. Drops XXX + 20
Mythic which drops XXX + 35.

Cut out the 20 only mythic and make it flex like N and heroic. Just do a better job of tuning it. Also get rid of that silly lowest end tier looks like quest greens shit.

DavivMcD

Peasant
People complained about them, but if there were traditional daily quest hubs they probably would have held on to subs a bit longer.

And it wouldn't hurt if there was a reason to run heroic dungeons repeatedly, i.e. bring back badges.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I honestly liked the ilevel upgrade system with valor points. I think when they decided to prune reforging, enchanting nearly every slot, etc, they cut too far. Implementing the ilevel upgrades again fixes their dungeon running desirability problems and gives everyone a sense of progression (ie a reason to maintain a sub).

xzi

Mouthbreather
I did like valor much more than baleful items. Incentive to actually do content, it turns out, makes people actually play the game. Who woulda thought?

They like cutting things but they always go so far with it. It's almost like there's no middleground when it comes to it to be honest. Small complaint that there was a lack of dailies in cata.. the response? 8000 dailies in Pandaria, fuck you. Complaints about pandaland dailies, they cut it down to none with an absurd grind with reputations offering almost nothing at all. (another fucking wolf or boar mount wow amazing)

I don't get it.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
It's 650 badges per run (on average) and the mounts cost 5k. 10 dungeons isn't really that bad, especially if you're a collector and are used to running a dungeon dozens if not hundreds of times for a mount.
You get 5 per boss, 10 for the last boss, and 10 for finishing a dungeon on live. You get a weekly quest that will give another 500. You're either going to have to run quite a bit more than 10 dungeons or it will be many months before you get those mounts.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Wow thats way faster than I was expecting I did not know you got that many badges per run. Okay so maybe that is a bang out a mount in a weekend or two thing which is not bad at all.
is it 650 per run? the 500 badge item is a weekly thing and unless you can move badges between alts its really not "quick" at all.

Acquiring Timewarped Badge
Timewarped badges are awarded when:
Killing a boss - 5
Killing an end boss - 10
Completing a random dungeon - 10
The weekly quest The Unstable Prism - 500. This is awarded when looting Frigid Timewarped Prism.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
is it 650 per run? the 500 badge item is a weekly thing and unless you can move badges between alts its really not "quick" at all.
So if you do the minimum, it is roughly 675 badges every timewalking event. That means it will take 7.4 timewalking events to obtain one mount. Not terrible, especially since this will be around in Legion.