World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
My bad. Someone on the Wowhead comments for the badges mentioned 650ish per run. I must've misread (or they changed the drop rate). At one point the mounts were 50k, not 5k badges. Maybe when they reduced the mount cost they also reduced the drop rate.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Nope.

Doesn't matter what the barrier of entry is for Normal as compared to LFR for the simple reason that you can queue for LFR and you can't for Normal. That alone cost them my sub and I suspect a number of others as well as I was staying subbed just so I could pop in and do some LFR for modest bling. When modest bling turned into complete shit and LFR went full retard I dropped.

Turn Normal into LFR Heroic with an ilevel barrier to entry and the presence of an in-game group finder and things would be much better.
He said Normal has never had a lower barrier than right now and that's a true statement.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
is it 650 per run? the 500 badge item is a weekly thing and unless you can move badges between alts its really not "quick" at all.
Yup looks like there was some misunderstanding but still at about 675 per week if you just do your 5 dungeons and finish the weekly per event weekend even the mounts are not that bad since there are one or two of those weekends generally in a month. The mount would take some work but even 35 badges per dungeon in the course of a weekend if you were on as a tank or healer you could still get a mount after a handful of these weekends which is not bad given one of them is a cash store mount recolor so saves you 25 bucks.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
With flying added, I wonder how efficient it is to level alts via just flying around scooping up all the treasures. With heirloom gear, it's like 5% of a level per treasure.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
horsemount looks dope - does it fly? i did all that running around for flying and ive not even the desire to log in now lol

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
With flying added, I wonder how efficient it is to level alts via just flying around scooping up all the treasures. With heirloom gear, it's like 5% of a level per treasure.
Just finished a couple hour session doing this with my Hunter and it's not all that great. Seems to level me at about the same speed as just straight up questing and doing bonus objectives, but it sucks down your rest exp much faster because looting these things counts as combat exp and not quest exp. From 93-95 I blew through nearly all of my rest exp and that would usually last me at least to 97-98 playing normally.

Clug

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You can level from 91 to 100 in about 2 hours of actual playtime, not using any bug. Not sure I should post how because I have a few more chars to level to 100 still.
smile.png

Tenks

Raiding ball-bashing mythics for loot that is going to be replaced on the first or second day has turned into a shit sandwich for nearly everyone.
I know I'm replying to an old comment but how is that different than any expansion Blizzard has put out ever? It is the reason I quit during the Vanilla -> TBC period. I busted my balls to get T3 Naxx gear and you could get better gear in level 63 zones from quest rewards. It was frustrating and (although this sounds gay now as a 30 year old man) completely insulting to the time I spent on the content. Every expansion Blizzard puts out is just a self contained game and no matter what you did previously it doesn't matter. Thats why I have a hard time taking it seriously as a long-term MMO for my sub.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
You can level from 91 to 100 in about 2 hours of actual playtime, not using any bug. Not sure I should post how because I have a few more chars to level to 100 still.
smile.png
If you are talking about the Elixir of Rapid Mind/Bonus Objective method it's pretty well known, I doubt they will nerf it anytime soon.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
smile.png
Yes post it, otherwise that is just a look at me! post.

Clug

Rafterman did post it. With addition of flight it's pretty insane. Of course it worked without flight too. 2 objectives in Spires netted me 680K exp in level 99, for example.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rafterman did post it. With addition of flight it's pretty insane. Of course it worked without flight too. 2 objectives in Spires netted me 680K exp in level 99, for example.
Cool, thanks for the tip. Currently setting this up for my 95 pally, Gorgond is ready to go. Only 3k gold for the 15 minute pot.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
How's it work exactly? You get them all really close to complete (like 1 kill away), pop the potion and fly from point to point completing them with the exp pot?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yep. You can also gather up all the "gather a trophy" quests from Gorgrond ahead of time and use those as the final slam dunk before your potion runs out.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Can you get bonus objectives for areas you're too low for? Like can a level 91 get the bonus objectives in Nagrand?