World of Warcraft: Current Year

Brikker

Trump's Staff
"We didn't expect them to unlock everything in under a week."

More like one day off. It only took 750 shards to get pet + all 3 transmogs of the armor your char doesn't wear. It was like ~8 invasions of active participation.

Sorce

Molten Core Raider
If they really wanted it to be a time sink they should have put a mount that was buyable for like 5000 nethershards or something.
I agree, a short time available invasion mount would have been sweet. But instead we got a pet. What I don't get though is why pets are actually being bought for like 2k on our server. You can literally buy one in three invasions if you just participate.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
The real worry (as someone who didn't play much at all for WoD) is if this type of operation is what we should expect out of the WoW team now, going into Legion...

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
i think this is just a stop gap measure so we are doing something other than HFC and Tanaan until the the expansion. i'm not sure it was something to be "farmed" by people (they should have expected it) i think the invasions are fine if you do them randomly. I've done enough to level a main hand to 725 and then stopped.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I remember being in Jugg on my rogue at the start of MC until like the second week of BWL (killing vael and door not opening). Had to reapply. While in BWL I just left and went to a party because it was my freshman year of college. Sebudai Sebudai never talked to me again :(

Who were you in WoW? I have a really bad memory with names, plus I met like ten trillion people in WoW. We had several people with Zyzzyxyzy-ish names. Dunno if you had a different one.

That era was hilarious. We had a night where we killed Razorgore 3 times in like 4 hours, with loot, because of how buggy that shit was. Zone just kept resetting.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Who were you in WoW? I have a really bad memory with names, plus I met like ten trillion people in WoW. We had several people with Zyzzyxyzy-ish names. Dunno if you had a different one.

That era was hilarious. We had a night where we killed Razorgore 3 times in like 4 hours, with loot, because of how buggy that shit was. Zone just kept resetting.
Troll rogue Zyyz. Yea. First Rag kill was epic. Fuck farming black iron ore for FR gear.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
The real worry (as someone who didn't play much at all for WoD) is if this type of operation is what we should expect out of the WoW team now, going into Legion...
The WOD prepatch was a single quest chain in Blasted Lands. The invasion stuff is all pretty simple, but it's certainly more than we got last expansion.

• 1Like

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Haha, sorry if I was mean to you man. There are like 5 people I actively remember to hate in WoW and at least one of them is dead now. I love everyone else I raided with.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Not so much the content but how they're handling it. People said it was in testing for awhile yet they're constantly making all these "unforeseen" changes to it cause people are having too much unintended fun.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Haha, sorry if I was mean to you man. There are like 5 people I actively remember to hate in WoW and at least one of them is dead now. I love everyone else I raided with.
Lol no I sort of figured. I just stop really playing between AQ to mid-TBC and rolled with some bronies

Malkav

French Madman
Not so much the content but how they're handling it. People said it was in testing for awhile yet they're constantly making all these "unforeseen" changes to it cause people are having too much unintended fun.

Yeah, it's a motherfucking rollercoaster.

The latest "oooops, we weren't aware that the xp was bugged when multiple people tagged a mob" is a joke. People have been talking about it for more than a week already.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah. At this point, nothing is worth buying on the vendor.

Well stuff was worth buying but the prices were pretty cheap and it has all been purchased. I have to say though I am not going to complain I managed to get all my alts to at least usable levels of gear with a minimum of fuss and bother. Still a few of the weapons left that I have not gotten that I am hunting for but overall mostly just filling out alts gear sets and waiting for the 30th.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The WOD prepatch was a single quest chain in Blasted Lands. The invasion stuff is all pretty simple, but it's certainly more than we got last expansion.

It is way more than we have gotten in most pre quest things. I think LK was the last one that was similar levels of stuff to do in the lead up to it.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
LK was pretty similar with random undead invasions of certain zones and the plague stuff in the cities. The invasions were a lot less impressive than we are seeing with this run up. LK also had its own event currency you could use to buy gear/armor so overall very similar to that.

Unlike WOD where you pretty much got blasted lands changed and you went out did a small quest line and stopped the iron horde and it took about 1-2 hours total to finish.