World of Warcraft: Current Year

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
We got to Mythic Gorefiend finally and after only an hour of 95% wipes last night I can already tell we're going to lose some members over this fight.

Our server has six guilds sitting at 5 bosses and no one further than that and the info we were getting from the other ones last night is most of them have just stopped raiding. I guess weeks and weeks of wipes will do that to you.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I did another alt got to 95 in about an hour doing some bonus area runs. Xp potions+heriloom gear + flying = some super cheesy fast leveling.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
We got to Mythic Gorefiend finally and after only an hour of 95% wipes last night I can already tell we're going to lose some members over this fight.

Our server has six guilds sitting at 5 bosses and no one further than that and the info we were getting from the other ones last night is most of them have just stopped raiding. I guess weeks and weeks of wipes will do that to you.
We've been stuck on hellfire council for 2 weeks now because we have fucking morons who can't run out reaps properly or dodge giant fucking swirling swords. I feel your pain. We should have 5 down but instead only have 3. Shits only hard if you're missing a chromosome.

The post expansion announcement + months and months of shitfire citadel on the horizon dropped our loot night last night to 17 people. Pretty awesome.

Really don't think Legion is going to be saving anything.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot

Sounds like us. Stupidly tuned fight. Got to Gorefiend in a pretty decent amount of time, but took us about 130 wipes to get him the first time. And still working on the 2nd time now at about 20'ish wipes. It's just always something different. Person breaking people out is either not doing it in time, or not calling that he needs help in time. or people are cleaving to pad meters and breaking people out too early. I think the fact the fight can snowball so fast with adds and other issues that you can't recover from makes it worse. Whereas Mythic Blackhand was really well done. Took a lot of fucking wipes, but the fight progressed as you learned it. It was salvagable at plenty of points, etc.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
And down goes Method.

Goodbye Method???

Sco (@Methodsco) | Twitter

https://www.facebook.com/scostream/p...29591700513799

Hey guys,

As you are probably aware already there are big changes happening in Method. There are a lot of issues at play that caused this, some more complex than others ? a psychologist could probably write a novel on the situation. There has been a pretty bad atmosphere and strained relationships in Method, and while in the past the unified goal of pushing for world first has kept the guild together this is evidently no longer the case. In short a very basic summary of issues that caused separation;

? World of Warcraft, and more specifically hardcore raiding is in decline. There is a lack of competition; 2 Horse race versus Paragon each tier. The effort required to raid at a hardcore level (locked away for 2-3 weeks) is not necessarily enjoyed as much as it previously was.
? People are motivated to play by different factors and at various levels, as always external factors like money are involved.
? Lack of leadership. To state it plainly; the member?s faith in the officer team?s ability to lead due to motivation and drive wasn?t at its strongest. Over time there has been a ?transfer of power? between the officer team and the members. For example raid leading was done by Kuznam and certain other activities was being organised by members.
? Different views on the Method expansion inside and outside WoW.

These issues have split the guild over time and various cliques have sprung up along the way damaging the ?one team one dream? nature. Unfortunately key people such as Kuznam (raid leader), Pottm (organised a lot for T18), and a few others have decided they would rather start afresh in a new guild alongside those they closely associate with. The remaining members are left with a choice and to cut straight to the point, many members will obviously follow the raid leader which is understandable.

In regards to the future for Method; there is 0 intention of letting the Method guild die. We will use the resources at our disposal to rebuild the guild. I have already been speaking to people externally and I have no doubt we will get something good going. The approach to expansion release and next tier will remain hardcore raiding and while world first will obviously be a stretch depending on how many core members we lose, we will still be aiming for the highest rank achievable. With the way the current raiding scene is at the moment, we are also investigating the possibility of streaming the entire progression. Will let you guys know more when I know more. Thanks for your support.
Scott ?Sco?

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
rrr_img_109494.jpg

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
They probably think that their streaming will speed everything along with new raids because their strats will be public.

Conquest style here.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Post-holiday plus the expansion announces means that we have 6 raiders at the moment. Which is the lowest we ever went to in 10 years. And we're not even raiding mythic...

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I stopped playing halfway through BRF, the majority of my guild was probably just waiting an excuse and quit in the following days. There are 1 or 2 people left online on average during the week and even they are saying that they play out of habit.
The game is so conveniently user friendly nowadays that it became extremely tedious past month #1 of an expansion pack. Legion will sell greatly, as usual and became a wasteland in 2 months top. It's so true that the game was bad, but good and now it's good, but bad (and boring).

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
It's so true that the game was bad, but good; now it's good, but bad (and boring).
I had to reread that a couple times... but you're right. Some of the stuff is boring even though I enjoy it. The pet battles/collection, the questing, it's all enjoyable to me but boring.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I have to agree with that. I got bored of farming for my mounts and haven't really logged in the last week or so. Pet battles I like every once in a while but not an on-farm thing. It sucks though, I feel like I have so much to do and my class feels really great, PvE feels strong, but I just have no reason whatsoever to want to play. Just waitin' around on Legion really.

I love the idea of Tanaan, I feel like it was even more a step in the right direction from Timeless, I hope they can improve it and get even more life out of a max level zone in the future.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
We've been stuck on hellfire council for 2 weeks now because we have fucking morons who can't run out reaps properly or dodge giant fucking swirling swords. I feel your pain. We should have 5 down but instead only have 3. Shits only hard if you're missing a chromosome.
This fight didn't go awful for us but definitely took longer than anything prior to get down. There are two safe spots on opposite sides of the room (there's a door to the right of where the bosses stand at the start and no ghosts fly just to the left of that and then on the exact opposite side of the room to the right facing the entrance). Have the raid stack at the first one for Blood/Jub then over by the entrance for Dia. Dia tank still has to dodge in the middle of the room but the entire rest of the raid can avoid the ghosts completely with the exception of the very last reap which at least for us would always coincide with a final ghost phase. I think you can even stop DPS on Dia at the end and let that ghost phase finish then deal with reap but I'm not positive on that one. We let people run reaps wherever as long as they're keeping those safe spots clear. Warlock portals help. Switching to the 2nd safe spot across the room for Dia leaves half of the room open at the end during that one ghost + reap part which ends up being the only part people could possibly die to (other than being dumb and getting hit by swords).

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
My guild just started doing mythic assault, I now have no desire to log in for raids. THe recolored gear and the pain in the ass of getting 20 online makes me feel like logging off mid raid.

bayr_sl

shitlord
I wonder what the design tools look like for wow these days. It's always been a strong suit of blizzard's to make usable and functional tools. It's about time they farmed out development to their player base. Let them make dungeons since blizzard obviously can't be fucked to do it

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
To be fair, that "dungeons" GIF above is misleading and mostly bullshit.

Yes, there were more dungeons during Burning Crusade than in some recent expansions, but the basic temple for Burning Crusade dungeons was "create an environment and then split it into 3 dungeons.. Coilfang Reservoir gave us Underbog, Steamvaults and Slave Pens which are incredibly similar, same with Mechanar, Botanica and Arcatraz, and the biggest culprits were Auchindoun (4 dungeons, including one with TWO bosses) and Hellfire Citadel...

Basically, in Vanilla, those dungeons above would have qualified as one dungeon.. and in BC, they would have split Blackrock Depths into 3 or 4 dungeons.. it's easy to make a lot of dungeons that way I guess..

As for the dungeons in Wrath of the Lich King, one must not forget that 4 of them were not available at launch and were added in later patches (Crusader's Tournament and the three Icecrown dungeons).. those were great, but they should hardly be counted in that comparison since Warlords of Draenor has a MUCH shorter lifespan than Wrath.. Same with Cataclysm, it has 3 dungeons that were added in 4.3 and two that are reskins of older raids (Zul'aman and Zul'gurub)..

I enjoyed WoW, and I still enjoy it very much. The game is not as it was, some of it is because the teams have changed, and a lot of it is because PLAYERS have changed. I do not play like I did. I do not have time to dungeoncrawl through BRD for 4 hours and wipe 12 times anymore, nor would I feel like it even if I had the time. People want quick dungeons, that's why they don't make those huge sprawling things anymore. Personnally, I liked all the dungeons in WoD, but I quickly stopped doing them because the REWARDS sucked, not the actual places. If they had made 10 more, I would not have done them any more than I did those, because the problem was not at all in the lack of variety..

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I still think they are playing catch up because of the Titan clusterfuck. Didn't they move a ton of people over to that to salvage it? You saw some really fucking bad design decisions in WoD that hurt the economy and made older content even more useless. I really think this is because they gave the keys to some inexperienced devs.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I still think they are playing catch up because of the Titan clusterfuck. Didn't they move a ton of people over to that to salvage it? You saw some really fucking bad design decisions in WoD that hurt the economy and made older content even more useless. I really think this is because they gave the keys to some inexperienced devs.
I think the very recent Timewalking feature is going to help re-use old content, since it gives actual good reasons (toys, mounts, and good gear) to run old dungeons every other weekend (BC and Wrath dungeons only for now). Personnally I've yet to get bored in the game, I always find something to do that was on the backburner, but I tend to not get bored easily in general.