World of Warcraft: Current Year

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'll approve of level scaling the day they take away shit dazing me off my mount. Now the pointless boar will take 12-15 seconds to no-risk murder instead of instant. Such immersion.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'll approve of level scaling the day they take away shit dazing me off my mount. Now the pointless boar will take 12-15 seconds to no-risk murder instead of instant. Such immersion.
Well in WOD there was a way to totally prevent being forced to dismount I would not be surprised if something mimics that for those who want that in next expansion with your order hall or missions.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Go play GW2. Level scaling and map events are straight from that and the challenge mode is pretty close to fractals.
Too bad GW2 had absolute shit garbage PvE when I played it, but you are right now that you mention it, it's the same thing. Nothing wrong with that.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Too bad GW2 had absolute shit garbage PvE when I played it, but you are right now that you mention it, it's the same thing. Nothing wrong with that.
It also had absolute shit garbage PVP. Game was just all around bad.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm maybe by the time expac rolls around I'll be looking for something to play and will mess around with DH. No real "urge" though to play or looking forward to playing.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As someone that plays TOR I can assure you level scaling does not encourage doing old content, actually providing an incentive would do that, but overall old stuff will be done less when you're gimped and forced to find more people to do stuff.

TOR's system is basically "your stats = X/Y/Z in this zone" making all buffs, trinkets, consumables, or other bonuses completely irrelevant and totally on the time sink rails the devs determine.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As someone that plays TOR I can assure you level scaling does not encourage doing old content, actually providing an incentive would do that, but overall old stuff will be done less when you're gimped and forced to find more people to do stuff.

TOR's system is basically "your stats = X/Y/Z in this zone" making all buffs, trinkets, consumables, or other bonuses completely irrelevant and totally on the time sink rails the devs determine.
The scaling is only for Legion content and a separate system gives you a reason to go back out into the content. Also, the scaling does not affect your stats.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Won't know until people try it out first hand, but I can say that in every game that does the level syncing (TOR, Rift, GW2, EQ2 etc) being higher level and scaled down always leaves you still very overpowered for the content you're doing.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Won't know until people try it out first hand, but I can say that in every game that does the level syncing (TOR, Rift, GW2, EQ2 etc) being higher level and scaled down always leaves you still very overpowered for the content you're doing.
They sort of mentioned it's not really scaling you down or up but scaling the area to you. Even if that ends up the case, the only zones this is active in is the new Legion zones. The entire game isn't working that way, so you're only at a small 10 level difference. Of course a level 110 after a few weeks with gear is going to shit on a mob faster than your level 101.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Explain these systems for someone not watching this.
People have already covered it in detail but: WoW: Legion: GW2 meets D3.

They made it sound more like a 'phasing bubble' that follows you around. Your stats don't change, the area does they said.
It really sounds like they're going to fuck it up. How does that play into grouping? Everyone sees different numbers? First tag sets the HP? Etc.

Hopefully they've figured it out, or they misspoke. It makes infinite more sense to scale the player to the area.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
If you remember the Knight of the Ebon Hand area in WotLK that is what I assume the downscale/upscale bubble will be like but centered on you and mobile. It had quite a few issues when they introduced it especially with grouping.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I REALLY hope they make druid forms end up being more like resto..Where you're in unshifted form primarily...The fucking fist weapons for guardian, zomg

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you remember the Knight of the Ebon Hand area in WotLK that is what I assume the downscale/upscale bubble will be like but centered on you and mobile. It had quite a few issues when they introduced it especially with grouping.
They said you can quest with people who are different levels so it cannot be a phase bubble.