World of Warcraft: Current Year

Chakravartin_sl

shitlord
Short rant about brawler's guild: Why the fuck is epicus maximus allowed to melee? It's awesome dodging all his bullshit only to die because he melee crits you a few times over the fight and you have no self-healing that doesn't neuter your dps.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I think they made those rank 8 fights knowing that they would be next-to-impossible for the vast majority of people until gear acquired later in the expansion. I beat all the rank 7 bosses with ilevel 485 on my ret set, but I could barely get to 40% on the rank 8 bosses with minimal/no healing before hitting enrage. I haven't gone back to try them again now that I'm 496.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Finally dropped my sub.I think what did it for me is cross realm zones.I've always enjoyed hunting rares,mounts and leveling alts and it's bs now.The leveling experience is solo in this game and the dungeons (the group content) are cross realm.Why the fuck do zones need to be integrated.Anyways rant off good job Blizzard on another lost sub.I'm sure you picked it up with outland portal gankers.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Finally dropped my sub.I think what did it for me is cross realm zones.I've always enjoyed hunting rares,mounts and leveling alts and it's bs now.The leveling experience is solo in this game and the dungeons (the group content) are cross realm.Why the fuck do zones need to be integrated.Anyways rant off good job Blizzard on another lost sub.I'm sure you picked it up with outland portal gankers.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
CRZs are the worst; I'm constantly reminded how bad it is. I was trying to do quests in Deepholm the other day and was having more contention for mobs than I did when Cata released to begin with. That's not exaggeration either; there's a quest for instance where you have to kill 8 elementals near a totem - there were 7 people wandering in that field waiting for them to spawn. Admittedly, it's partially that that quest can only be done in a specific area, but they did CRZs only for their benefit, and things like that it definitely shows.

I'm still playing because I raid, but there are just so many reasons to be disappointed.

Cybsled

They revealed that when 5.2 comes out, VP will be downgraded to JP, so plan accordingly.

revvy

Trakanon Raider
The passcode is Y7_$0>0k_3<$m if you want to have a look around. There's a bunch of Twitter accounts all messaging eachother as if they're using the internal communications system of the installation if you can be bothered to read them. Check mmo-champion front page.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I think im gonna cancel too. I got my panda up to Lv88 and almost fell asleep last night playing. I have been running LFD along with questing but now the queue times are like 20+ minutes and honestly I cannot stand the boring ass questing. I was gonna do some PvP with this dude but reading about PvP and how I will be destroyed for weeks until I catch up just does not make me want to continue anyway.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I think im gonna cancel too. I got my panda up to Lv88 and almost fell asleep last night playing. I have been running LFD along with questing but now the queue times are like 20+ minutes and honestly I cannot stand the boring ass questing. I was gonna do some PvP with this dude but reading about PvP and how I will be destroyed for weeks until I catch up just does not make me want to continue anyway.
It used to be easy to catch up or at least get your full honor set without getting shit stomped 200 times. Roll horde and do the premade AVs. Honor wasn't super fast but it was a sure win and alot of fun, no gear required. Something happened though and a bunch of people got banned for using the premade av mod, so no more premade AVs =(.

I'm glad they have removed the rating requirements for gear and weapon and instead make it about earning an amount of conquest each season. Should make the arenas much busier, good times will be had.

spronk

FPS noob
pretty sure nobody got banned for using AV mod, they just broke the mod. Theres a new one anyways that is much better called OQueue, its somewhere betwen 10 to 25 hours (depending on W/L ratios) in solo queues to go from shit greens at 90 to full 458 honor bought pvp gear, sans weapon. Not very fun and best done watching The Wire/etc while wow is a small window, but pretty much doable in a single weekend.

Really at this point its best just to level a few chars to 90 and then go play something else until 5.2, where you will be able to buy better PVP gear for honor, where 5.0 LFRs drops more loot, you can get rep easier/faster, on and on. Not much of a good reason to play until then.

Blizzard also announced earnings
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/activi...210500510.html

Wow subs down to 9.6m as of 12/31/12, but earnings seem pretty positive with the stock up after market. Still, every quarter they keep losing people. Digital revenue (subs) is actually down year over year, which is very bad, made up for by higher sales of things like Call of Duty and Diablo3.

Rime

<Donor>
The game is 9 years old now, so a gradual/steady decline in subscriptions should be expected. Warcraft also tends to lose people towards the end of a tier, then gain back a portion of them when a new tier is released, but rarely will a tier bring them back to the numbers that a new expansion temporarily bolsters them to.

I really wish we had actual numbers on how the subscription market was broken down, meaning a list of how many players play from each country, with how much they pay, so we had some general idea of how much money 'WoW' has made them over the years. Regardless of how much they make, they have not put enough of the money back into the game, they are just milking the golden goose for all that it is worth.

I am not a doomsayer by any means, WoW will continue to be the MMO with the highest subscription number for many years to come, most likely, but it is always depressing when I think of what they could have and should have done with the game.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
It used to be easy to catch up or at least get your full honor set without getting shit stomped 200 times. Roll horde and do the premade AVs. Honor wasn't super fast but it was a sure win and alot of fun, no gear required. Something happened though and a bunch of people got banned for using the premade av mod, so no more premade AVs =(.

I'm glad they have removed the rating requirements for gear and weapon and instead make it about earning an amount of conquest each season. Should make the arenas much busier, good times will be had.
That's what I pretty much do in WoW is just pvp. I'm doing Bgs with my lock and I was easily getting 2 to 3 shotted. It's really bad at the level 81-84 bracket when you have players in MoP gear with 160k+ HP and MoP weapons raping players in WoTLK gear with 50k HP. That bracket is a huge cluster fuck.

Meko

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't know why they don't adopt the Warhammer (and others I'm sure - Rift) idea of just bringing everybody to the same HP/MP level in pvp. That is seemingly an easy adjustment and it's fair.

spronk

FPS noob
holy fuck challenge modes are hard as fuck. my mage is 491 and a friend decided to start them, we went in expecting a little difficulty but just the trash hits like mack trucks. After 2 hours ended up getting silver in SM with a fuck-ton of wipes, you literally have to learn every single inch and every single pull to minimize time and damage, while still killing the required number of mobs, and pretty much will need a fixed 5 man group.

Nice thing is no durability loss, and you can reset the CM anytime but yeah, if you want challenging 5 man content this just blows away anything else I've seen in a long time including GW2 fractals, TERA hardmodes, Rift heroic challenges, etc. Nice thing too is since they scale everything down to 463 ilevel, it should stay difficult all throughout MOP.

Definitely not a thing for me, I'd rather just chill and play easy than be focused for hours, but if you can't raid and still want really, really hard content challenge mode is built for you. Be interesting to see if they change them at all during the life of MOP, either to be more accessible or to give more rewards.

Cybsled

I doubt they would make them more accessible, since that defeats the purpose, but I could totally see them trying to add more carrots.

Juvarisx

Florida
Yea challenge modes are quite a bit of fun, and there is an active segment of people who compete with eachother for world best times. If you are decent at them they are by far the fastest valor gain in the game by a long shot, its a pretty good lesser known carrot about them

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
CMs get easier and easier the more you do them. Going for world record times is fun but we've hit a wall where group comps affect it most (That group wtih the brewmaster is untouchable unless we find some kind of new strats, which I don't anticipate, most of the 'good' groups all use similar strats). Best part of mop for sure, I just wish there were more of them. If you've ever watched a guide video for CMs they were probably mine, I spend a lot of time talking about those things, great idea.

CMs are the best thing to happen to WoW in a long time. Got all gold on my ele shaman a couple weeks back, now need to decide if I want to do them as a DK or something else for my groups next run through.