World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's what I don't get about this new scheme. If you can't ever out-level content then what's the point. Just gate the raids behind some attunement or key quest that is approximately the same time commitment as what leveling would take. Add catchup mechanics for alts/late comers. Boom, saved a bunch of dev time on stupid scaling that is sure to be buggy.
I am pretty sure the level scales with you but not the ilevel. At max level as you gear up and upgrade your stuff the world mobs while still not grey trash is also going to die very rapidly to what you do.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
As long as it doesn't have unwanted side effects I'm cool with it. But it's unlikely not to have unwanted side effects.

They started small with phasing, then moved to doing it entirely too much and it was terrible.
They started small with cross realm grouping (just dungeons at first) then moved to doing it for every zone in the game, and I've got mixed feelings on that because of realm hopping and how terrible it is to farm rare spawns as a result.
They've started small with content that scales to your level/group size and they are looking to do it for most zones in Legion. I'll wait and see but history tells me there are going to be some bad, unwanted side effects.

I'm cautiously pessimistic rather than optimistic because of track record.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
This sounds so awful if it were true - all mobs would be equal strength based on the players level. Why have levels at all?
When Deathwing returns and ushers in the 2nd cataclysm with a giant crystal sticking out of his chest saying, "The first cataclysm was only a setback!" You will be grouping with your friend's level 15 in the Northeastern Barrens with your level 120 (He's gonna split the Barrens up into 4 parts this time). Meanwhile Blizz will be shutting down emulated "Classic First Cataclysm" servers because you don't know what you really want.

But seriously, I've resigned myself to subbing when WoW has content, and unsubbing when it doesn't. My only concern with Legion is if we waited this long to get about 2 weeks of content before we're waiting for a patch or another raid tier (I'm sure they'll tell us we haven't done all the "content" because we haven't gotten very far in follower missions for the class hall...)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You better get that shit out of your head right now!
happens before any major change, just all the reminscing me and Khane did followed up with what sounds like really shitty design choices made me depressed

ps. please take me to disney with your family. you can pretend I'm gurgas

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I can't really foresee unwanted side effects. It's removing player separation unlike phasing that added it. MoP and WoD were pretty spot on with how to use phases. They may be slow but the world and quest teams seem to learn.

This is their attempt at a gw2 type approach to allow unstructured play. It's not like you won't be 1 or 2 shotting mobs after the first LFR tier. The biggest drawback could be any mob dismounting you. Well, you fuckers wanted a more dangerous overworld. Enjoy. You'll be flying over it in 7.1 anyway.

You assholes bitch about everything.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I want more phasing, it's fun to watch the quest zones change as you do things. I don't give a red rat fuck about seeing people I don't care about / will never meaningfully interact with around me when I'm trying to plow through shit.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Plus side of it landing on the tail end of summer is pretty much ideal time to take a break for a few months.
This is actually a pretty nifty point... I can do all the biking and shit I want and once the end of summer hits I can look at WoW a bit more...

As long as it doesn't have unwanted side effects I'm cool with it. But it's unlikely not to have unwanted side effects.

They started small with phasing, then moved to doing it entirely too much and it was terrible.
They started small with cross realm grouping (just dungeons at first) then moved to doing it for every zone in the game, and I've got mixed feelings on that because of realm hopping and how terrible it is to farm rare spawns as a result.
They've started small with content that scales to your level/group size and they are looking to do it for most zones in Legion. I'll wait and see but history tells me there are going to be some bad, unwanted side effects.

I'm cautiously pessimistic rather than optimistic because of track record.
What's the problem with the rare farming and realm hopping? It's certainly cut down on the "rarity" of some/most spawns, but it's made it so there are quite a few that I could get that were relatively "obscenely" rare (looking at the fucking rain pet on Jaegro).

The phasing stuff did go a bit overboard, but I think they got better with it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I want more phasing, it's fun to watch the quest zones change as you do things. I don't give a red rat fuck about seeing people I don't care about / will never meaningfully interact with around me when I'm trying to plow through shit.
Guess you never tried to mine/herb farm in Cataclysm. I was talking specifically about Cata though, not after that because they learned their lesson. But initial overarching implementations have tended to suck.

Rare spawns have been way more of a pain in the ass to farm in overworld zones than they used to be for me. I'm competing with a lot more people because even though not many people from my realm itself may be farming for something, and they may be spread out across spawns, I'm now competing with all those people and people from every single server in my CRZ. It makes life easier for some things, but makes farming something like Aeonaxx or TLPD way, way worse. Plus realm hopping is really annoying.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Rare spawns have been way more of a pain in the ass to farm in overworld zones than they used to be for me. I'm competing with a lot more people because even though not many people from my realm itself may be farming for something, and they may be spread out across spawns, I'm now competing with all those people and people from every single server in my CRZ. It makes life easier for some things, but makes farming something like Aeonaxx or TLPD way, way worse. Plus realm hopping is really annoying.
Yep, CRZ is a big steaming pile of annoying.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Unsubbing to WoW after the last patch in an expansion is just a given at this point. At the least, it gives you time to come back and appreciate all the greatness that is WoW.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
this expansion releasing in August means I won't play it until November so I'll miss all the bottlenecks but then be pissed I missed the fun of the initial rush and brokenness and fuck it I'll just unsub after three months like I always do.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
this expansion releasing in August means I won't play it until November so I'll miss all the bottlenecks but then be pissed I missed the fun of the initial rush and brokenness and fuck it I'll just unsub after three months like I always do.
Why are you missing Sept/Oct?

Column_sl

shitlord
I wonder what Blizzard is actually doing.

All there games are pretty much done, and their staff is ridiculous.

If they aren't really doing anything for WOW wtf are they paying that army for.