World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Glad I listened to the people in this thread talking about getting your garrison and shipyards set up. Got 7 characters running now and have made probably 300k so far. Those Champion's Honor medallions sell for 10k each on my server. It's actually really stupid that something like that and the Rapid Mind elixir only drop from garrison missions.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Actually they also can drop in the jungle off the 4 bosses.

There should be an achievement for getting the 10,000 Gold off one navel mission. That was sweet.

Khane

Champion's Honor (item that gives 1000 honor and conquest) can drop off the 4 jungle bosses? I know Medallion's of the Legion can but don't think Champion's Honor can.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Champion's Honor is just from the rare garrison mission pool. Rep medallions can drop from the 4 tanaan bosses (one chance per day each) and can also show up as a rare garrison mission.

Khane

I decided for some unknown reason to camp Poseidus. This is EQ all over again.

Khane

I'm on Tol Barad and Gallywix Brazilian realms. And I've parked 5 characters (4 trial accounts and one kill account) at all 5 spawn points, plus using hotkeynet to spam a targetexact macro that also sends a kill command to party chat if he's targetted and marks him with a skull.

I'm all over it.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm on Tol Barad and Gallywix Brazilian realms. And I've parked 5 characters (4 trial accounts and one kill account) at all 5 spawn points, plus using hotkeynet to spam a targetexact macro that also sends a kill command to party chat if he's targetted and marks him with a skull.

I'm all over it.
rrr_img_132734.jpg

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Ugh, Legion is so far off. I want to get it started already. Ive been taking time off from WoW, but damn I feel the urge to jump on and smash some faces. A lot of people hate leveling but I love it. I always have fun in new zones and love listening to the music while i kick ass. The new talents look pretty good for all the classes, imo, and Im eager to see the new combat animations and all that.

#gettingHypedUp

xzi

Mouthbreather
I love leveling when it's new.. I ALWAYS enjoy the experience, I sometimes even go back and finish entire zones just because, but holy fuck I just can't do alts. I really want to play WoW but I know as soon as I use a token to get some time and start playing again I'm going to be bored in 2 days. Oh whale, at least Overwatch is very soon.

I'm actually excited for no flying this time. From the videos and streams I've watched, the world seems much better laid out than even WoD. However if we get another Tanaan jungle situation I'd rather just fucking fly after about 2 days.

Argarth

On the verandah
I love leveling when it's new.. I ALWAYS enjoy the experience, I sometimes even go back and finish entire zones just because, but holy fuck I just can't do alts. I really want to play WoW but I know...
I'm in a somewhat similar quandary. Been un-subbed from WoW for a few months now. Gave Black Desert a crack... nope. Tried GW2 again after an absence of 3 years... nope. Tinkered with Blade & Soul... nope.

So I said to myself, "fuck it, just face up to the fact that you would much rather play WoW, and be done with it!". Logged in without a sub, and started a fresh Warlock (have several 100's, but never leveled a Warlock past 30ish).

Having a ton of fun leveling through Westfall again for what must be the bazillionth time, andreallyhaving the nostalgia feels getting charged by squealing boars, and chased by mmrrgurgling Murlocs. I still love that shit after all these years! I swear to god Westfall could be a real place, it's so permanently etched into my gaming psyche. Was actually a buzz all over again getting my Blueberry, off to Redridge, thatawesomeJohn J. Keeshan quest chain starts again, and I'm thinking that I might actually have it in me to finish leveling a Warlock after all.

Then, I abruptly hit the lvl 20 brick wall for free accounts, and I'm rudely yanked out of my gaming reverie... to be confronted with the daunting prospect of 80 MOAR levels. RL friends are long gone, old Guild is a lifeless husk, and I have no xp potions to ease the pain. I log out, and find myself several minutes later in a daze, slumped in my chair, staring blankly at the character selection screen...

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Yup. Westfall is nostalgia central. The music, the sight of the ocean from the murloch infested beach. Takes me back. I actually prefer how it was before the cataclysm.

I have leveled so many characters, its embarrassing, lol. My #1 is always my Dwarf Warrior though, and he will be my solo main in Legion. But, yeah, the game is forever fun to me and after some time off, and a new Xpac, I can always go it again. Its not what it used to be, but it seems that another game will never really match it probably because Im getting older now but whatever.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I hadn't played in a long time, so I'm leveling one character through WoD and a separate one through MoP. Enjoying it now but I'm already thinking of just doing dungeons and limiting questing to garrisons next time. Or maybe I'll take a break for two expansions again.

Khane

The garrison crap has become annoying. I didn't mind it at first because it was like a mini farm game but I just want to ignore it now and can't because my brain is telling me "this is the most efficient way to make gold".

Logging in to check my missions/shipyard and doing some work orders/follower upgrades on the ones that aren't finished yet then logging right off on 7 different characters is not playing a game. It's an annoyance and I find I spend way less time actually playing the game because even though it's only a few button pushes here and there it ends up taking forever because I'm doing it on so many characters. And I can't stop myself from trying to get even more characters at garrison end game because it's just gold left on the table if I don't. Shit I had a good string of missions 2 days ago on most of my characters and ended up making 40k gold... in one day... without ever leaving my garrison (OK I left to go to the AH to sell the Champion's Honor I had gotten). I'll probably end up burning myself out before Legion even comes out and stop playing completely just because I can't stop myself.

And the biggest kicker in all of that? I have spent so little time focusing on any character and actually playing it that I absolutely suck at all 7 100s I have. I don't even know what stat priorities any of them should be focusing on or good rotations. On my Hunter and Shaman I don't even know all the skills they have because they have quite a bit more options than my Rogue for instance and I just haven't sat down and PLAYED them.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
The garrison crap has become annoying. I didn't mind it at first because it was like a mini farm game but I just want to ignore it now and can't because my brain is telling me "this is the most efficient way to make gold".

Logging in to check my missions/shipyard and doing some work orders/follower upgrades on the ones that aren't finished yet then logging right off on 7 different characters is not playing a game. It's an annoyance and I find I spend way less time actually playing the game because even though it's only a few button pushes here and there it ends up taking forever because I'm doing it on so many characters. And I can't stop myself from trying to get even more characters at garrison end game because it's just gold left on the table if I don't. Shit I had a good string of missions 2 days ago on most of my characters and ended up making 40k gold... in one day... without ever leaving my garrison (OK I left to go to the AH to sell the Champion's Honor I had gotten). I'll probably end up burning myself out before Legion even comes out and stop playing completely just because I can't stop myself.

And the biggest kicker in all of that? I have spent so little time focusing on any character and actually playing it that I absolutely suck at all 7 100s I have. I don't even know what stat priorities any of them should be focusing on or good rotations. On my Hunter and Shaman I don't even know all the skills they have because they have quite a bit more options than my Rogue for instance and I just haven't sat down and PLAYED them.
As a phone app I would have been all over it... but as part of the game... yeah it's shitty.