World of Warcraft: Current Year

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How many people even read the lore beyond go collect 10 bear asses? I stopped giving a shit about their stories a long time ago.
I think me and most of the player base just hit accept and look at the quest tracker on where to go. WoW lore lost relevance with me when BC hit. I honestly do not care about the story at all anymore.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So... is the only way you get the early access to the DH to preorder digitally with Blizz? That seems to be the case but if so, that sucks.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
That has been the trend lately with them. It is kind of smart but annoying as balls. You could pre-order Overwatch and get Tracer like a month early if you played Heros of the Storm or you could order it from Amazon for like $10 cheaper but you are forced to wait until release day.. They are pulling the same shit with legion and I am sure it will be a trend that continues. It's a way for them to encourage preorder b.net purchases without pissing off the Box retailers I guess.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I don't know how the business side of games works, but surely Blizzard's digital sales account for the vast majority total sales. I wouldn't think the box retailers would have any bargaining power if Blizzard decided that they didn't need to push physical copies any more.

Saban_sl

shitlord
I think me and most of the player base just hit accept and look at the quest tracker on where to go. WoW lore lost relevance with me when BC hit. I honestly do not care about the story at all anymore.
Some of the main story quests can warrant a bit of reading, but by and large its just accept and then go to quest marker.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The new UI will make it a bit easier to figure out what you're missing, but until you have a way of sorting items by their tints, making a non-set style is hard.

Good example is this well-known russian dwarf frost mage from early transmog (works with any caster, actually):
rrr_img_135413.jpg

Staff is from Mt Hyjal raid, hat and gloves are green random BOE from 30s vanilla, shoulders dungeon drop from caverns of time, belt, robe and boots crafted (legs and wrist don't matter, not visible on this outfit). If you have a way of searching by tints ("very light blue"), it's easy to build similar looks. If not, you spend a lot of time trying to find the proper matching colors.

(wowhead has added a Dressing Room feature, but it's still not easy to search items)

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
How do you guys figure out what is useful as transmog gear? Is there a list somewhere of popular gear?
Some stuff is popular because of colors or semi-unique tints, some for the models (e.g. Nocturnal hat from vanilla greenies), some is crafted and can sell for quite a price (Stylish Jungle Hat, about 10k gold or so, can go double that amount). You basically need to play most classes and follow all those "let's see your transomg sets" scattered over several forums, mmo-champion, us battle net, eu battle net, etc.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
For those in beta it looks like their test run of the pre patch invasion stuff server went live this morning and will run until tomorrow morning.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I used to be a gigantic lore nerd, still sort of am, but since WoD came out I found myself not giving a fuck. I pretty much only get my fix fromNobbel87 on youtube. Probably makes the best warcraft lore videos out there tbh.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm thinking about making a 10-19 or 20-29 bracket twink. Anyone interested in low level battlegrounds, or know of a better bracket if I want quick games but can twink out some powerful, fun shit?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Aren't they removing twinks with legion? I might be willing to dick around on a character at level 19 or 29 but you will have to make sure you get your fill quickly before they take it away.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I doubt many of you guys on here need it but I wanted to share the information regardless. If any of you guys still need to get your moose before the patch and you aren't are rich as these guys who have been rolling facebook garrison missions for the year and shit there are groups who are just chain running trash ass guildless players like me through H Archimonde kills out of boredom I guess. Managed to snag one tonight along with a Calamity's Edge. I don't know when they started letting you run characters through different lockouts but whatever.

friendshipmoose.com

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
That's pretty cool, and how I'll probably get it if I do. I'm in some guild that hasn't cleared HFC on normal yet ... I'm not a raider though, was going to start joining them occasionally.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, that's how I got mine. Posted it here awhile back, but things tend to get lost in the sea of posts. First night I tried...ended up being the very last person picked on their last attempt.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I keep reading about WoW, and keeping up to date with this thread, but can't seem to pull the trigger. Shit! A moose mount would be neat though... lol

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Aren't they removing twinks with legion?
Yes; your stats (all of them, including your secondaries) are based on level + a small bonus of 1% per 10 ilvl above "standard for your level".

Since it's impossible to get much ilvl above until you're at an expansion cap, low-level twinking will give you like 0.75% higher stats than your opponents. The only thing that might make a difference is if you have procs which are probably not capped.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I thought that was already how it worked? How exactly is this changing enchants?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I thought that was already how it worked? How exactly is this changing enchants?
Currently, you can pick your level 19 req. bracers and put a Superior Stamina (+9 sta on it) and get a shitton (relatively speaking) of hit points. With legion, you will have exactly the same HP with enchanted or unenchanted bracers while in a BG.