World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The price on the follower equipment is being nerfed to 1copper in the pre-patch, unless my sources are mistaken. So, a few grand in lost profits. Given that I am creeping on 4m, it is not a huge lose. I just do not want to have to be bothered with it when the pre-patch comes out, I guess.
5 coppers, not 1. That's a fivefold increase in profits!

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
MyVOIDstorage is already full. I've stopped touching any old raid because I'm too tempted to keep any piece that drop for future xmog, and the only place that's still empty is the original backpack.
Yup it is one reason I stopped running older raids for the last couple months. I am constitutionally incapable of destroying or selling something that could possibly be used in transmogging. Once that pre patch goes live beware old raids I will be ramming through them like its black friday.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
One question. Is the new transmog system character or account based?
It's account based but you can only add items by armor class. Your mage can't loot a plate BP and then have it added, it has to be looted and equipped by a character that can use it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's account based but you can only add items by armor class. Your mage can't loot a plate BP and then have it added, it has to be looted and equipped by a character that can use it.
And 6 months into the expansion I'm sure this will change to any character to add any item type.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
And 6 months into the expansion I'm sure this will change to any character to add any item type.
I don't know about that. It's a good time sink to have people running old content with multiple toons to collect everything. Who knows though with how much they go back on what they say they aren't going to do.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'll miss the free gold, but garrisons can burn in hell. If they reintroduced them wildstar style where you could actually customize your garrison I'd be all about it.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll miss the free gold, but garrisons can burn in hell. If they reintroduced them wildstar style where you could actually customize your garrison I'd be all about it.
This so much. I am tired of garrisons..so...tired.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't know about that. It's a good time sink to have people running old content with multiple toons to collect everything. Who knows though with how much they go back on what they say they aren't going to do.
I like for a company to hold true to its word, but Im in the party that wants to be able to get the item skin on any character. The game has 1000's of skins and it would just be a pain in the ass for no real reason other than what you said. I would imagine the amount of people that actively want to go back and do old content is rather small compared to the overall player base.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Yea. To be honest, I don't understand the limitation. I understand the retro-quest based limitation, because the retroactive design is based on "what would you have picked and enabled as xmog if it had been there at the time". But for modern?

I already destroyed plate/mail/leather items in store to make room for cloth stuff, alas.

The smart design would be "If it is bound to you and no longer tradeable, then it's enabled no matter what. You can only transmog what you could use.". Meaning a warlock looting a plate BP can enable it, and a paladin looting leather gloves enable them; they just can't use that xmog. And you simply add a "Xmog" specialization for personal loot: "any item that this boss drops, no matter what".

But the system still is clunky, and apparently there's still a bug where you can't unlock improved tiers on WOD crafted armors and weapons.
The game has 1000's of skins and it would just be a pain in the ass for no real reason other than what you said.
What is going to push that change is the amount of people that are going to complain that The skin they wanted has dropped twice, but every time it drops on the wrong character class, and they still can't enable it. The usual objection that raid loot drops is intended for the character that does the raid is defeated by the fact that the appearance is unlocked account-wide, meaning that you already unlock the appearance for characters that didn't do the content.

Give it time.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
They don't want people rolling on xmog in pugs that they can't wear on that character is the only reason.

I don't think there is a way to only fix that problem without globally disabling it. This affects solo gaining of gear.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I thought you couldn't roll on gear you can't use in PUGs? Didn't they implement that years ago?
You can when the leader changes it to master loot or something else because they are trying to get all the transmogs. Shenanigans like your friend rolling on it and trading it to you because they don't need it and you want it.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
ugh really need to do heroic arch, but its so difficult to find a group when your account is expired.
are you going to reactivate it?

I just at in trade and got one after a few days of trying.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
i dunno, maybe. i dont see myself not playing legion so i might as well really.
Some servers advertise in the forums for it (I found one that way but ended up going with another group).
The other group was from a realm I wasn't on, but was taking cash on my realm and doing their own transfer hijinks (pets? laundry through AH, w/e).