World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Man the beta forums are a plague. According to everyone, every class is dog shit and needs revamped completely, devs don't know what the class needs, etc.
Yes this is why when anybody starts commenting on that I tend to laugh. The beta class forums are so hilariously doom laden it is funny. I have tried pretty much all the classes and most of the specs there are only a couple that I found clunky and even those with good talent picks seemed okay. I did not try ret paladin and there is some strong agreement there is something not right with them at the moment but I did try holy paladin and prot paladin and those play great.

Take beast mastery hunters. People bag on them constantly but I have made a few now and while not the most fast paced rotation ever even without chimera shot it does fine damage and you kill stuff quickly and safely. Hell my only real complaint about them is pets seem a touch squishier than I remember them being but given you have two pets out all the time and then all the random dire beasts I never had any problems in fights I felt like I could not do my job.

None of the specs I have tried are like arms was on release. Arms on release of WOD was god awful I played arms for years and it was so mutilated and dull I shelved my warrior immediately. I have not come across any spec in legion that gave me that feeling.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Anyone know if the new dropped / enchanter book illusions are just Tmogs that you unlock? And if they're account wide like the armor?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
They redid rezes a bit. If you don't have a spec available that can res then you don't get one at all. If you have a possible spec that can rez but are not currently playing that spec you have a single target rez. If you are playing a healer spec then your normal res is now a raid wide res.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
They redid rezes a bit. If you don't have a spec available that can res then you don't get one at all. If you have a possible spec that can rez but are not currently playing that spec you have a single target rez. If you are playing a healer spec then your normal res is now a raid wide res.
Back to bubbling the priest on wipe.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
How did demonology turn out for locks this time around?
I played around a bit with it in beta and I found it pretty damn fun. It does have a bit of ramp up time getting your demons and imps rolling although mostly because I did not know WTF I was doing as it is a total revamp of the spec over WOD. Imps riding fel hounds is the best thing ever though.

Silence_sl

shitlord
So...help me out here. What's the point of all these class changes? Outside of a few shit specs, they were fine. I feel that all Blizzard has left are diaper shitting morons whose sole purpose in life is to break things that weren't broken.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So...help me out here. What's the point of all these class changes? Outside of a few shit specs, they were fine. I feel that all Blizzard has left are diaper shitting morons whose sole purpose in life is to break things that weren't broken.
It's been a trend every expansion to redo how classes play because the current team needs to leave their piss stained mark on the game. At this point it's almost tradition. For some reason on live now when I mount up my character disappears but only on certain mounts, and everything takes like 10 seconds to load, the transmog shit will show sometimes and other times nothing. I am chalking it up to server load since probably everyone is logging on but it's pretty gay.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They redo the spec every expansion to keep things fresh. People fucking piss and moan at every xpac and claim shit was better before until the next xpac where they bitch about how shit was fine before.

Silence_sl

shitlord
It's been a trend every expansion to redo how classes play because the current team needs to leave their piss stained mark on the game. At this point it's almost tradition. For some reason on live now when I mount up my character disappears but only on certain mounts, and everything takes like 10 seconds to load, the transmog shit will show sometimes and other times nothing. I am chalking it up to server load since probably everyone is logging on but it's pretty gay.
Servers are still trying to process all the mail overflow.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't mind the pruning, as long as what I have is interesting enough.

Though I will miss some things but will just have to get used to it again.

Was reading a post about how "legion will fail" and one of the bullet points was because they removed the buffs. Like it somehow made the game more MMO, when in reality they were just something you clicked and forgot and nothing like old school buffs where you can put on people as you run by.

This pre-patch seems a bit more out of touch then most but probably because so much is based around your artifact weapon and all the stuff you unlock, so everything feels off.

Had to disable every addon. Most were not working at all and they seemed to be causing heavy FPS loss.

Got free weapon upgrades :p Was using 685s 1hs from when I last raided , game turned them into 690 2hs

xzi

Mouthbreather
They made a lot of those stupid ass items from WoD into toys finally, just added a bunch of them. Not sure why I kept them but hey whatever it's a toy now. Neato.

For anyone else curious as well, several items such as tabards or shirts or whatever else that have a *Use* on them still need you to equip them to use the use effect on them. Example: If you transmog theTabard of the Lightbringeryou will get the xmog but not the effect it gives. So maybe think twice of vendoring them right away if you care about that sort of thing.