World of Warcraft: Current Year

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
From what I know from experience and what I understand, he means slow as in runspeed and very little mobility.

As others have said, I was mainly talking about moving around. After playing the rogue and to a lesser extent the DH, it became the only true annoyance for me as DK. On the other hand, after playing other classes, I am used to the 1.5 global now, so I hardly notice it, but if you jump straight from old UH to new, it will feel slow on that front too.

Sorce

Molten Core Raider
Does anyone know if we will be able to get the pocket fel spreader in the expansion? I've seen posts saying people get 5 or 6 in a night, but this entire time since the pre-launch I have only seen 2 invaders up in Orgrimmar. I used my DH over and over, falling to his death to reset the doom sayer but I still have yet to spawn one that way, too. Am I doing something wrong here? I just don't see myself paying 8-10k for a toy.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Enchanement shamans got a very nice buff, DKs took a huge DPS hit with 39% damage reduction with blood boil. Druid mastery took a hit. I don't mind the HP health loss cause they they had around 1.2 million HP than any other tank but Druid mastery also affects their damage. Oh well still will be playing my bear and warrior for Legion.

Patch Hotfixes: August 23 - WoW

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Speaking of GCD locked? Maybe a silly question, but the wife likes to play, but she's not so good... What's the least GCD locked class? Or the casual scrub-lord super star class/spec? BeastMaster hunters I heard were fairly slow paced? Anything else?

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Speaking of GCD locked? Maybe a silly question, but the wife likes to play, but she's not so good... What's the least GCD locked class? Or the casual scrub-lord super star class/spec? BeastMaster hunters I heard were fairly slow paced? Anything else?
Hunter is great choice. Point out she can go collect pets, and can heal her pet and feed it and such. She helps beat up the monsters and the pet protects her and will never yell at her. Just make sure she gets to know the main buttons and how to turn off taunt. Set her up with the tank spec pet and she should have a blast.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Probably a dumb question, but how do First Aid, Cooking, etc. get started in Legion? Like others, I now have alts that never set foot in a garrison due to Invasions - will I be able to learn those skills in Legion or do I have to sit thru the Draenor intro 6 more times just to pick up the skill books?

Edit: Primary tradeskills too - I have some miners, herbalists, etc. still at 600.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Get a port to your WoD city, fly over to mainland (can even run with water walking if no flight, there is no fatigue in between). Dunno about legion stuff though. My guys are now sitting at 1/700 for all the primary/secondary profs though, heh.

Crone

Hunter is great choice. Point out she can go collect pets, and can heal her pet and feed it and such. She helps beat up the monsters and the pet protects her and will never yell at her. Just make sure she gets to know the main buttons and how to turn off taunt. Set her up with the tank spec pet and she should have a blast.
Good point! I didn't even realize pet type even still mattered as I've been playing mainly Marksmen hunter without the pet. Will try and get her interested because if she's playing, that means I can play more than I already do! Win/win!

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maybe stupid question but as a new tool jumping from invasion to invasion what is the easiest way to go from one to the next.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Once you have done the Broken Shore quest line on one toon, you can skip it on any other, if you wish.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Once you have done the Broken Shore quest line on one toon, you can skip it on any other, if you wish.
I mean how do I get from zone to zone for them, I don't know any flight paths because I just went to aZahara and sit there but would like to get to the others, not sure there is an easier way than running to learn the flightpaths.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As alliance is pretty easy. Set home to shrine. Then use portals to get to all of them but hillsbrad and Ashazra. For Hillsbrad, i got a port from a mage(get a slow fall too if you dont have your own). Then grab a FP near hillsbrad(chillpoint or Arie peak). Then you can just fly to it from IF. For Ashazara, use the portal to ratchet and fly there(You can also using Hujal portal in SW and fly down to Ashazara). If no flying, either die to guards in org then ghost walk through and rez in ashazara or get the FP in ashenvale on the very eastern end, then you can just run into ashazara. Again all as alliance.

Probably a dumb question, but how do First Aid, Cooking, etc. get started in Legion? Like others, I now have alts that never set foot in a garrison due to Invasions - will I be able to learn those skills in Legion or do I have to sit thru the Draenor intro 6 more times just to pick up the skill books?

Edit: Primary tradeskills too - I have some miners, herbalists, etc. still at 600.

Not sure about things like cooking/FA. But for primary skills, skill level doesn't matter for vast majority of recipes(there are still some though, so look up your profession) or for gathering(and no more of that petals/chips thing from WoD). You will, iirc, need 100 gathering for Gathering world quest and 300 of a tradeskill for those world quests.

Crone

Thanks I started doing them today and didn't know there were portals
Pre-70 - Get a portal to Shrine of 2 Moons, and set your hearth there. Right up the stairs and around the corner from the innkeeper is the Portal room with portals to everywhere.

This is all for Horde btw...

Hillsbrad - Portal to Undercity, and take flight path to Hillsbrad/Tauren mill, or as close as you can go and then mount up and run there. Get flight path while there, so you can fly next time directly from UC.

Westfall/DunMorgh - skip them until you have flying mount with 280 flying!

Tanaris - Take portal to Dalaran - Northrend, and then go to the tallest tower, will be a portal to Caverns of Time. Will get you to Tanaris.

Azshara/Northern Barrens - Portal to Org, and run.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am gladly finished with the invasions now. I have 12 100's and would have been happy with 10 if not for the ease of leveling in the invasions. I will probably never play a warrior but 1-100 with 697 I-level in 3 days not playing super hardcore was to good to pass up.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
The chests I get from the invasions are they based on level when I get them or open them, should I save them for max level?

xzi

Mouthbreather
Save them for max level. The items do not scale with you, but you CAN wear the items at any level. So if you feel like you need to replace that gray belt on your alt you can open some and hope for it, but otherwise I would just save all of them.

Also, fairly certain the boxes when you open them all at once, even if you hit cap nethershards (or whatever the fuck they're called) they will just get automatically deleted and not sent to you through the mail like most other currency in the game. So in case you care about mass buying the bat or something, that's something to pay attention to.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user