World of Warcraft: Current Year

Needless

Toe Sucker
It's that quick? maybe i should just level a new priest quickly so i don't have to faction transfer & server transfer my alliance cunt

Lol survival is ahead of MM and BM? that's pretty neat. Assassination looks pretty decent, i'll give Outlaw a try but i don't like how RNG that spec looks.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
yea, my wife did about 6 hours of invasions on a level 10 warlock with heirlooms and just hit 60. this was during the slower invasions last week, its probably faster now.

if potions of expansive mind weren't 10k+ in the AH it would be even faster.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net...2c4cS5wbmcifQ.srihVgR_lheDPGI-JyOIqgu4oxk.png

here is the T19 dps numbers for those interested this is considering BiS and doesn't factor in yesterdays changes. i believe they ran this on a non-patchwork fight with add intervals.

its interesting the very high variance for outlaw spec between top dps and low due to the randomness of rtb. (same with S2M spriests which relies on low ms ping)

This has been mitigated a fair amount with the recent changes tI think to bake more of the pure damage into the finishers and lower the output of the RtB buffs bit. That said I think outlaw is always going to be one of those DPS that varies from fight to fight because even after the changes getting the max buffs from roll is insanely strong and if you see it and blow cool downs while that is going on you can spike like crazy.

Sorce

Molten Core Raider
From what I read, just do 2 buff rolls and keep them.

View attachment 3982

I leveled my rogue from 61 to 100 in Outlaw spec doing invasions. Only once did this happen so I am not sure if it was from the RtB buffs, but I turned into a skeleton. I looked at my buffs and I had all 6 up. Is that some special side ability they get if you are lucky enough to have all the buffs going at once? Maybe it was coincidental and something else turned me into one, but I did a LOT of playing and haven't been able to replicate it, nor having all buffs at once.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
For all the class discussion, I really wouldn't pay much attention to the sims right now. First, they're still not configured perfect which is why you end up seeing a new one with different ranks every day. Second, even sims that take into account movement assume perfect rotations surrounding that movement. Destro is a stationary cleave class. It's not going to perform anywhere near the same level as a Mage or Hunter when it comes to progression.

But all of this is hugely dependent on what you're personally looking to accomplish in game too. If your ceiling is Heroic raids, then honestly play whatever the hell you want.

But Mythic+ content is something new that I think a lot of people will try and get into given it's rewarding but doesn't require 20 people. For that, the honest truth is that some DPS classes are just simply going to perform better than others and those are the classes that people will wish they had started with. Mobile ranged specs that have mobility, defensive utility and a base AE/ST toolkit (so not one where you have to talent completely one way or another) are going to be desired. Mages and Hunters will be kings here. Same concept for melee. Specs that do both ST and cleave will be wanted. Rogues, DKs, Enhance, WW. Unfortunately classes that are based around ramp up times or just ST like Ret, Warlock, SPriest will have a hard time here...at least initially.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It does worry me about the ability to fuck yourself into a spec you don't want after awhile after this Artifact juice stuff is used.

Currently thinking

Main Monk: Heals/WW
ALT Druid: Tank/Balance

Last edited:

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
yea from that recent fatboss interview

Mythic - for the hardcore of hardcore
heroic - for guilds, pretty much everything will be viable in one way or another
Normal - friends and family raids / pugs
LFR - potatoes and a chance to finish set bonuses

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For invasions (developed from reading the help of all the people posting here):
I began writing down level times last Friday, when I started leveling a horde shaman from 1 to 100.
1 - 100 took 16 hours and 7 minutes. I hit 80 at the 10h 20m mark

Yesterday, I started leveling an Alliance Hunter.
I am at 80 and my time is 8h 20m. I hit 60 at the 4h mark.

So, for the shaman, I wanted some boxes to open at 100. I traveled around much more; at about 60 I would do the first 2 invasions in the set of 3, then sit in the last one, doing phase 1 to 3, then relogging. I did the last invasion until the zones rotated. Last week also had the invasions moving around, so there was a chance every 2 hours that it forced you to move. When I hit 85, I realized that gathering boxes could have waited until Cata portals opened, and it would have cut down on travel time.

For the Hunter, I went to invasions at level 10 (same as shaman), and from 10 to 60 I did phase 1 and 2, then relogged to reset. At level 60 I went to Stormwind and got flying. Went back to Westfall and started doing phases 1, 2 and 3. In phase 3, for Westfall, you have 3 skull bosses in the south, that the horde will kill (one can be bugged out). Once all 3 of those are killed, two are due to spawn in Westfall. Run up and kill them, and immediately relog. I would also recommend getting a stack of 5 bandages from the illidari camp, north of Westfall, unless you have very good self heal. Even with the Hunter 70% self heal, on 2 min cooldown, I go through 5 bandages in about 5-6 invasions.

How I would rate XP from various invasions:
Westfall
Xroads (N Barrens)
Azshara
Tanaris
Hillsbrad
Dun Morogh (I hate this invasion)

Westfall and Xroads are close. I think Westfall would be a clear winner, if it wasn't for the bugged boss in phase 3.

I leveled my rogue from 61 to 100 in Outlaw spec doing invasions. Only once did this happen so I am not sure if it was from the RtB buffs, but I turned into a skeleton. I looked at my buffs and I had all 6 up. Is that some special side ability they get if you are lucky enough to have all the buffs going at once? Maybe it was coincidental and something else turned me into one, but I did a LOT of playing and haven't been able to replicate it, nor having all buffs at once.

Where you killing Abysal in the Westfall invasion? I know one of the treasure goblins will turn you into a skelly. Some other npcs may turn you into one in other invasions as well.

• 1Like

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
Thanks for the information on the DPS rankings.

Is there anything similar to tanks and healers - how they rank up next to each other?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I like the Preach Gaming videos on youtube. Only thing to keep in mind is that he likes more complex character rotation/interactions and doesn't rate highly the ones that are simple/boring regardless of their performance.

Qerero

Golden Knight of the Realm
For all the class discussion, I really wouldn't pay much attention to the sims right now. First, they're still not configured perfect which is why you end up seeing a new one with different ranks every day. Second, even sims that take into account movement assume perfect rotations surrounding that movement. Destro is a stationary cleave class. It's not going to perform anywhere near the same level as a Mage or Hunter when it comes to progression.

But all of this is hugely dependent on what you're personally looking to accomplish in game too. If your ceiling is Heroic raids, then honestly play whatever the hell you want.

But Mythic+ content is something new that I think a lot of people will try and get into given it's rewarding but doesn't require 20 people. For that, the honest truth is that some DPS classes are just simply going to perform better than others and those are the classes that people will wish they had started with. Mobile ranged specs that have mobility, defensive utility and a base AE/ST toolkit (so not one where you have to talent completely one way or another) are going to be desired. Mages and Hunters will be kings here. Same concept for melee. Specs that do both ST and cleave will be wanted. Rogues, DKs, Enhance, WW. Unfortunately classes that are based around ramp up times or just ST like Ret, Warlock, SPriest will have a hard time here...at least initially.

Yeah I actually think Survival is going to be good for Mythic+ as well, maybe even best among the hunter specs. Decent damage without much ramp up, and a good variety of utility (traps etc) that the ranged hunter specs no longer have.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Well, ya I think his stance is if it's boring as hell to play - with the amount of time/energy investment you have on artifacts and that character it better be interesting. I agree with a lot of his likes, especially S priest as it is extremely compelling but some of them I don't agree with. Either way, his videos are pretty well done.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
for tanks almost all of the youtubers generally agree that

Vengeance - not viable for bleeding edge mythic content at the moment at 110, fine for everything else
Prot Warrior - arguably tied for top in survivability, very simple rotation which turns some people off
Prot Paladin - easiest tank, turns a lot of people off but the hardest to Fuck up
Bear - other top spot since it can do everything, giant health pool, good aoe
Monk - super strong but hardest to play correctly, scales well
DK - nerfed a bit but still fine for mythic +

tanks seem pretty balanced overall, it just depends on the flavor you want it to be. i have noticed a lot of "top 100" guilds talking about how strong the prot warrior is at the moment. Most guilds will probably at least have 1 as their 2 MT's if they are interested in mythic progression early.

healers, no idea.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
And he doesn't have a shitty voice. I seriously dumpster a ton of channels that I know likely have good and well thought out content if the channel guy has a shitty voice.

Which is a TON of the theory craft type youtube channels unfortunately.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Most of the lists tend to agree on the healers also.

1. Shaman - TONS of utility and good heals for groups and single
2. Druid - Strong HOTS and shit as usual
3. Monk - Complex rotation like Brewmaster. Strong group healing but Soothing Mist is hard to get used to. Conditional abilities more than other classes.
4. Holy Priest
5. Holy Paladin

Disc Priest seems to require way to much setup abilities to be effective. Difficult to maintain all the shit you need to do be good.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Here's my understanding for tanks/heals.

Tanks:
Warrior >= Druid > Pally >>> Others

Exception here being Blood DK potentially being the best for Mythic+ or at the least it jumps into being in the discussion with the other three for that specific context.

Healers:
Resto Sham >= Everything Else >>>> Disc

Mythic+ potential preference toward Druids for their battle rez.

Healers are in a pretty good spot. I think Resto Sham just has the best toolkit overall with their coodowns and how easy they are to use in a raid context. Disc is the only spec lacking from a raid progression standpoint though.