World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah literally not a hitch so far.

I got in talked to khadgar, teleported dal, got in got out and got my artifact no fuss or muss this morning before work. The big test likely will be tonight prime time but so far so good. I got what I wanted to get out of the way and am out past the biggest early choke points without a hiccup.

Qerero

Golden Knight of the Realm
I got in talked to khadgar, teleported dal, got in got out and got my artifact no fuss or muss this morning before work. The big test likely will be tonight prime time but so far so good. I got what I wanted to get out of the way and am out past the biggest early choke points without a hiccup.

This is pretty much exactly what I did, logged in an hour and a half or so this morning before getting ready for work. Got my artifact, checked out the class hall, and went to Highmountain to park until tonight when I'll start the questing.

Just a snapshot, but I really enjoyed it so far, taking it slow, reading quests, explored around the class hall to see who the NPCs were, etc. No server issues at all except for one freeze during the artifact quest, but I think that may have been my internet. Very good start, hoping it stays stable tonight.

none

Blackwing Lair Raider
I want to skip everything and level fast as hell but.. Azsuna is amazing so far, I'm loving the story. And the scenery is giving me hard WC3 nostalgia in every way, I fucking love it
Gotta agree with the strong WC3 vibe in Azsuna. Great launch so far. Tried to stay away from any spoilers and it's well worth it on your first run through.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I managed to squeeze in 2 hours before I had to go to work this morning.

I did the Demon Hunter artifact, and went to Val'Shara. Zone is nothing special visually since it's just a forest type zone. The story so far is quite good.

Managed to do the first Inscription quest while in Val'Shara, got a Herbalism quest while gathering.

I got about halfway through 101 before I had to go, went back to Dalaran, turned the Inscription and Herbalism quest in, got a follow up for both. Then I went back to my order hall, and recruited my first 2 follower, did the first mission which was about 1-2 minutes. I sent my followers on the second mission which is 4 hours..so it will be done by the time I get home tonight.

So far, I am quite impressed with how smooth everything went.

Killed a few rares, got a bunch of toys and a pet. At 101, the quest started giving me rewards higher then ilevel 700 so I started replacing my invasion gear.

I also had enough Artifact Power for my first upgrade, I also got my first gem to socket into it. I think I'm going to like the Artifact stuff. :)

I am not sure if it's just me, but quest text seems to be shorter than usual...like they tried to make reading the quest less of a hassle by shortening them a bit.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
If you didn't already do all the quests on beta, don't rush anything. Read all the quests and stop to smell the roses. Xpac is really fucking good.

No, dammit! I expect to have some posts to read about poopsocking to 110 within 24 hours of launch and not having any end game content to do. It wouldn't be RR without those posts! :D

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I never played the alpha, or the beta and have had access too for over a year. :( Heh. And I haven't been following. So the stories intersect regardless of which zone you start in? How are they handling the progression of the main story arc when you can go to any zone?

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Grad class last night, work today, and then son's football practice (sigh... RL) but anyway, what do I need to do when I log int this evening to get started. I hate losing all this time but can't be helped. Glad to see such positive feedback thus far from several different sites. MMO's (and myself) needed this I think.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Went to bed at 10:30 to get up at 3 and played 4 hours before work. I can't really poopsock like some of you guys so probably won't hit 110 until early next week which is fine by me. Raids aren't for like a month so not sure what the immense rush is.

I'm levelling as Prot Warrior - just a word of warning to others who are too. At 100 I felt WEAK AS FUCK killing stuff. Super slow, I mean I couldn't die but I was taking mobs down real slow. Dinged 101 and my DPS pretty much doubled and felt "right."

The prot warrior artifact is pretty sweet.. my shield spits fire yo

I might run a few dungeons tonight to get a feel for it - right now with my heirloom trinket and ignore pain (talented to 100%) I basically take 0 damage. What I do take I can victory rush to full. I was soloing earlier and I had like 1.5M HP on my ignore pain stacks and that was just within a short time period. Can't wait to raid with this dude.'

Edit: I started in Stoneheim (I think that's what it's called). It's a bit boring until the latter half when you get sent to... well, you'll see. Even though the zone is a bit boring (reminds me of grizzly hills mixed with the zone ulduar is in), I still really enjoyed the experience. Haven't been able to upgrade much gear yet.

Last edited:

Qerero

Golden Knight of the Realm
Grad class last night, work today, and then son's football practice (sigh... RL) but anyway, what do I need to do when I log int this evening to get started. I hate losing all this time but can't be helped. Glad to see such positive feedback thus far from several different sites. MMO's (and myself) needed this I think.

The quest will pop up as soon as you log in. Just take a portal to Dalaran if you aren't already there and then talk to Khadgar.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Y4ALo6x.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
The new zones are absolutely beautiful. Their art team has really outdone themselves.

I really, really hate the Swedish Chef accent that some of the Vrykul have.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The new zones are absolutely beautiful. Their art team has really outdone themselves.

I really, really hate the Swedish Chef accent that some of the Vrykul have.
I forgot to say this - those accents really bothered me too. Doing the warrior artifact quest and I could barely understand the dude talking.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I did lul at the Monk Order Hall quest. You save the Grand Masters/trainees from a Star Destroyer and escape to the Wandering Isle (panda noob zone).

Since Grand Master Hight dies saving everyone. The other Grand Masters make you the new Grand Master. Which I find funny, as an orc whose been a monk for 4 years or so since MoP "happened" and the monk order has been around for thousands of years. Where as in the Druid order hall you're just one of the druids helping achieve balance and shit.

Artifact quests I've done have been absolutely great though.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Went to bed at 10:30 to get up at 3 and played 4 hours before work. I can't really poopsock like some of you guys so probably won't hit 110 until early next week which is fine by me. Raids aren't for like a month so not sure what the immense rush is.

I'm levelling as Prot Warrior - just a word of warning to others who are too. At 100 I felt WEAK AS FUCK killing stuff. Super slow, I mean I couldn't die but I was taking mobs down real slow. Dinged 110 and my DPS pretty much doubled and felt "right."

The prot warrior artifact is pretty sweet.. my shield spits fire yo

I might run a few dungeons tonight to get a feel for it - right now with my heirloom trinket and ignore pain (talented to 100%) I basically take 0 damage. What I do take I can victory rush to full. I was soloing earlier and I had like 1.5M HP on my ignore pain stacks and that was just within a short time period. Can't wait to raid with this dude.'

Edit: I started in Stoneheim (I think that's what it's called). It's a bit boring until the latter half when you get sent to... well, you'll see. Even though the zone is a bit boring (reminds me of grizzly hills mixed with the zone ulduar is in), I still really enjoyed the experience. Haven't been able to upgrade much gear yet.

How is tanking going to be handled if you're that resilient? Will mobs just be coded to burst through that instantly to actually give a challenge? That would mean healers and DPS are going to get torn the eff up.

Also, just reread your post; You "won't hit 110 until next week" but then you said "Dinged 110 and my DPS was good". I'm so confused Noodles...but also lacking coffee at this point in the day.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
How is tanking going to be handled if you're that resilient? Will mobs just be coded to burst through that instantly to actually give a challenge? That would mean healers and DPS are going to get torn the eff up.

Also, just reread your post; You "won't hit 110 until next week" but then you said "Dinged 110 and my DPS was good". I'm so confused Noodles...but also lacking coffee at this point in the day.
Like I said I woke up at 3am and Im tired as fuck. I edited my post to correctly show I dinged 101...

As for tanking, Ignore pain will be pretty OP for dungeons but I have a feeling raid bosses will tear through it quite easily.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Like I said I woke up at 3am and Im tired as fuck. I edited my post to correctly show I dinged 101...

As for tanking, Ignore pain will be pretty OP for dungeons but I have a feeling raid bosses will tear through it quite easily.

Right right right. 3am...damn. You guys were excited, lol. But, I'm trying hard to work instead of start this up, so I definitely get it. I just can't stay awake like that.

Fuck it, firing this up at the office.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Im going into this puppy without any foreknowledge for the very first time. Always before I was thoroughly spoiled by at least one phase of Beta, but this time I know virtually nothing and it makes for a much more enjoyable experience.

I do like how the class quest for the artifact weapon is built around your actual class. It actually took me a few seconds to realize that I needed to use Mage abilities in the proper way in order to get everything I needed to do done and that was pretty damn cool.

• 1Like