World of Warcraft: Current Year

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ok I'll try reducing my gpu settings. I've been running at max settings with my 1070 but it's possible it can't keep up.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Ended up playing for 4 hours last night then crashing after dinner, now getting stuck into it (taking a break from my mage to see what the shammy arti/hall quest is like) but I'm loving it so far. The launch has been completely smooth for everyone I know, class halls and arti quests are fun (I especially love having the artis as an extra way to increase my char's power), the new zones are fucking gorgeous -they've really outdone themselves, and the whole vibe and storyline is a lot more engaging and coherent than WOD.

Only minor things that really bug me are the way the bonus objectives don't give XP (I really liked those in WOD) and the fact that the artifact spell for fire mages is kinda boring. But that's really minor shit.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Ok I'll try reducing my gpu settings. I've been running at max settings with my 1070 but it's possible it can't keep up.

Yea not possible that it's getting that much an impact. I would try toggling addons that are chugging your system.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
lirik already 110 and I haven't had time to poopsock it up. I'm fucking old, JFC.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Welp, it had a good run. I got friends that didn't get kicked so they're still playing fine, but if you got booted those login servers are gonna be fucked.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Made it to 105 today. Really loved everything about the paladin intro - the quests, the weapons, the order hall, they really did a good job with capturing the lore flavor of the paladin in my opinion. It is also nice to have Dalaran back as a hub, always liked Dalaran.

No queue when I logged back in at 6pm either, I was surprised at that. No lag except for one minute long spike when I ran through a normal dungeon just to see what it was like, but it didn't affect anyone else so it must have been a dungeon instance server thing.

As launches go, I am not sure they get smoother than this has been.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
So is this even worth playing/enjoying anymore? Honest question, not troll bait type question.

Loved the game from early beta, BC was probably my favorite era, and WotLK was probably my favorite raid era (Ulduar = best raid memories, outside of EQ, fuck that zone was an amazing example of fun + shitting bricks at same time, especially as a tank)

Despised Cataclysm, aside from world improvements, completely skipped MoP and, umm whatever the next one was as well.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lol server restart/crash kicked me off right after the +100 artifact power was dropped into my bag. When I logged back in I could turn the quest in again and now I have two.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Is my UI bugged or are you not supposed to see quest objectives on the map anymore? Really annoying.

If the latter, are there any addons to fix it?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well, I finished Val'Shara, nice story there, they are hard on some notable NPCs in this expansion.

I'm almost 103, I was doing the dungeon to finish the story...did the first 2 bosses then the lag started, I think they are being DDoS again, so I stopped since it's late and I have to work tomorrow.

I did do the Artifact quest for my Monk, it was fun, artifact is really nice, the ability is seems pretty powerful...I hate the Class Order Hall though for Monks.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I too am almost 103, and DDoS shut me out of the game. I'm working through Sholsheim? something like that

I did the artifact for my Mistweaver monk. Why don't you like the Class Order Hall? It's the turtle Island.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Is my UI bugged or are you not supposed to see quest objectives on the map anymore? Really annoying.

If the latter, are there any addons to fix it?

Make sure you're tracking quest objectives on your mini map. It was turned off after I patched by default, I had to turn it back on

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I too am almost 103, and DDoS shut me out of the game. I'm working through Sholsheim? something like that

I did the artifact for my Mistweaver monk. Why don't you like the Class Order Hall? It's the turtle Island.

i think its too...ordinary. It's just a village. It doesn't feel like a place where the fate is f Azeroth is being decided.