World of Warcraft: Current Year

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So finally hit 110 and did the intro Suramar quest. Still need to finish Highmountain but the zones have been fun the first slog through. XP all around feels empty the only big boost are the last zone quests that introduce you to dungeons. Otherwise doing normals is 100% a waste of time.

Each zone quest line seems to end with an ilvl 800 piece regardless of level so that's really a nice boost. The storylines are decent but by your 3rd of 4th alt you won't give a fuck about any of them.

I think the proffesions quests are a step in the right directions but they feel a little tedious and black smithing needs not only ore but herbalism shit. I guess they want people to rely on each other but I am still not sure if that's going to work out as they hope. The jump from 100 to 101 in power helps a ton.

The biggest thing was how smoothly it launched, yeah there was a couple of times with some DDOS issues that dropped you but no real giant clusterfucks like in the past. The artifacts are cool and everyone in the guild minus one rogue seem to be able to knock em out with a quickness.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Is it correct that we need Exalted with each zone rep to get the World quests later? I suppose this means you need to do every zone? But with Profession Quests/Order Hall quests I am nearly 104 now and I haven't even finished Stormheim.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Is it correct that we need Exalted with each zone rep to get the World quests later? I suppose this means you need to do every zone? But with Profession Quests/Order Hall quests I am nearly 104 now and I haven't even finished Stormheim.
Friendly with each zone faction I thought

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've noticed there's a lot of weird phasing in areas you haven't completed all the quests in that was causing this to happen to me. Specifically in highmountain, but I'm sure other places too.

Yeah, at the end of zone storylines you get a quest to go do the dungeon and that's the only time I've touched them so far because the XP basically isn't even a bar otherwise.

So pretty much early WOD they are there for story/loot not xp eh I guess I am okay with that. Leveling does not take to long and the zones seem pretty interesting.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok so I fired up the game last night, updated by UI Mods, accepted the first quest into the expansion, cleaned out my expansion journal to just this one quest to get everything going to start legion. I have a level 100 Warrior I'll bring through and maybe use the 100 level token on a new druid.

What are the major changes to warrior? I play fury currently. Any reason to switch to Arms? I also have no idea what to respec my talents too or what a new rotation would be. I also need to clean out my bank and my bags, feels like a fresh start that way.

Qerero

Golden Knight of the Realm
Powerlevelled to 101! /flex

I didn't get kicked last night but had some massive lag spikes at unfortunate times, died before I knew it, etc. It was the first glitch I've experienced and I was able to finish what I was doing shortly after anyway so no big deal for first big prime time after launch.

I'm really glad I picked Highmountain first, last night I did the chain kind of like the ones in Vashj'ir or Spires of Arak where you play the story scenarios from the POV of a historical hero. The hero in this case is a Tauren who was the original wielder of my artifact as a survival hunter. My character is also Tauren, so it has made the start to this expac a really seamless, cohesive story experience that flowed perfectly from the artifact quest on through the first zone and feels really relevant to my character. It made me like my artifact a lot more, it started as some random spear and now I have this whole history fleshed out behind it.

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
Question on spending AP: I am a Fury warrior right now, but going to be Protection at 110. Should I be spending any of these +AP items I get on my Fury or save them for main spec Protection?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Stuck at work with the network I need for stuff down. The dayus going by so slowcause im fiending for WoW. Only got to 101 last night and half way (?) through one zone

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
Ok so I fired up the game last night, updated by UI Mods, accepted the first quest into the expansion, cleaned out my expansion journal to just this one quest to get everything going to start legion. I have a level 100 Warrior I'll bring through and maybe use the 100 level token on a new druid.

What are the major changes to warrior? I play fury currently. Any reason to switch to Arms? I also have no idea what to respec my talents too or what a new rotation would be. I also need to clean out my bank and my bags, feels like a fresh start that way.

icy veins, wowhead... has literally all the answers youre asking lol

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It's fairly impressing that a 12 years old game is still generating this much interest when releasing an expansion, or maybe it's rather depressing that the state of the genre is such that a 12 years old game releasing an expansion is the most exciting thing happening. :)

That said...this day is going by so slowly. I wanna play. :(

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Has anyone else barely gotten any upgrades over the legion invasion boxes? Almost all my gear was 710-730 item level before this xpac, now I have a better bracer, belt, and trinket, but thats it.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Only upgrades I've gotten were from finales of quest chains. Even then I could've gotten more but I don't want to get rid of my prot 4pc for paladin because it's still broke as fuck.

Didn't start getting upgrades til like 104 though (not counting my lucky roll on a cape being epic)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
My Demon Hunter was in 700 iLevel only invasion gear, I think I have replaced everything by now with 705-725 or so gear in the first zone, at 3/4 into 102.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do the WoD PvP armor bonuses work while leveling? I know they deactivated older gear. The PvP enhance shaman bonus seems a bit powerful in conjunction with the artifact effect. So much so that I am hesitant to replace the gear for a while.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I assume they do? My raid gear still works. If they didn't it would tell you it's deactivated.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Aszuna.

a5yEHJR.jpg

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users