World of Warcraft: Current Year

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I like them too. I ignore most; just do the item ones (non-pvp) and the big AP items, for the most part. And whatever for Emissary quests of course.

My offspec is enhance, about 830ish ilvl. Solid 190k sustained, only 13 points in the arti.

Gonna quote myself and say my 190k dps is awesome when I achieve it; I forgot how your dps goes from decent to shit tier as soon as you have to move away from the boss/get targeted by a mechanic =/

xzi

Mouthbreather
I really am loving that I feel like I am progressing my character basically no matter what I do. Blizzard really fucking nailed it this expansion, and for once I feel good about having only one character lol.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
My only problem with WQs is the fact that it's how you rep up all the factions. If you got more rep from more WQs (too many 50/75 ones) OR there were other sources (mob rep from the dungeons) then they would be golden.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I like them. If you feel like you have to do them all, it's gonna get old quick. But it's nice just doing a few a day.
Yea, you look at what you'd like to get, do them. Most of the time, you do complete the daily factions over 3 days, so you get your boost toward flying.

At the moment, I'm doing gear (on the off-chance it procs a massive titanforged+socket upgrade), profession, and then some Warden targets (because wardens start a lot lower than the rest). Then off to advancing Suramar while waiting for dungeon group to pop.

I like that druid. Quest: "get to honored". Complete quest, get gold, get new quest "get to revered" (at least this one will have some AP).

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
These hidden skin quests are cool as shit. I found two of mine in barrels :(.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
What are you guys going for with the T4 Order Hall upgrades? The base 5% extra chance for the water elementals seems better off the top of my head, since the apprentices only get 15% if the mission has a spell component, which not many of them seem to, but am I missing something which would make that option more valuable?

Tummysticks

Lord Nagafen Raider
yea, thats outdated beta info. a GM confirmed it is not an "item laying on the ground" anymore.

thanks for the heads up though!

supposedly it comes from a world quest now that you have to be flagged to show up. Burning Plate of the Worldbreaker Available - Quest - World of Warcraft so you need to do something to flag yourself for the quest, most likely something related to "the grey one"
Dunno if you saw this yet, looks like wowhead is getting some good updated info on these now.
Burning Plate of the Worldbreaker - Item - World of Warcraft

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
It's a shame as a shadow priest all the skins for my weapon look the same in shadow form. To any shadowpriest out there, what is your damage looking like in dungeons? I love the game play and the look of the class but I kind of feel like my damage is really weak unless I pop stm. Even then I'm pulling about 175 to 180k on fights without alot of movement

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Shadowpriests are not particularly good in 5-man content. SP has too heavy a single-target focus, and their best gimmick, Surrender, doesn't get full use. It's just a difference in "meta;" 5 mans are burst aoe all the time, raids give your single-target focus the environment and time it needs to be useful. 5-mans also focus on CC, aoe stuns, and interrupts. This is why Monks and DHs look absolutely bonkers right now, they're kings of the burst aoe meta, and have strong aoe stuns/disables, vs Raid's tendency to reward single-target primacy due to being able to handle priority adds quicker and CC generally being shelved except on specific fights where it's clutch.

And yeah, you've definitely been balanced around Surrender's big-dick boss dps, so your trash clearing dps is not as good.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
What are you guys going for with the T4 Order Hall upgrades? The base 5% extra chance for the water elementals seems better off the top of my head, since the apprentices only get 15% if the mission has a spell component, which not many of them seem to, but am I missing something which would make that option more valuable?

I went with the 15% on the notion that the more challenging missions were likely to be some sort of spell component and that I seemed to mostly be using the troops when necessary to bump up overall success rate, otherwise I was using three actual champions so that they could all get better exp.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
These hidden skin quests are cool as shit. I found two of mine in barrels :(.

Heh 3 of the 4 druid ones seem to require items from Emerald Nightmare

They really didn't balance the hidden appearances at all in terms of how to get them. Many simply aren't available for awhile (Enhance one comes from world bosses, so probably easier than the ones that come from raids at least). Shit, look at warrior's who aren't even sure how to get it yet. Then the hidden effects are also all over the place: some get legitimate GOOD stuff like +damage %, + movement speed. Then other classes just get some stupid flavor shit like emotes or graphics.

Meanwhile my level 100 Hunter got his BM "hidden" appearance for 8k gold off a vendor in Dalaran :p

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It seemed like the ilevel area around 820 and only two relics is about 140-150k average for me. As soon as I got my third relic I jumped up to about 180 and Ive been steadily climbing as I get higher ilvl. 844 ilvl right now and I do about 200-220k dps in Heroic groups and about 10kish more in Mythic. The build up is not near as bad as people that dont play the class would lead you to believe. No where near as long as Warlocks build up currently is. Once you start rolling in a dungeon and stick to a golden rule of 5 maximum SW P's out, and only 2 VT's out, you'll cleave enough to get where people "think" you need to be. Continue to build your haste, it is the number one most essential stat Ive found that increases my damage.

Your big cleave classes like Demon Hunter's do face roll shit in there, but the higher ilvl you get with the proper stats - the less that gap is. With everything enchanted, at base im at just over 8000 haste. In combat I jump up to about 58% haste by the time void ends and the lingering buff keeps me there afterwards until I reenter void form.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Lot of fun with world pvp for me and I've gotten the Emerald Nightmare shoulder transmog early for getting 840 pvp shoulders from the tower caps

Lot of people with 0 clue how to defend themselves or kill anyone

Not much has changed, ez pickins for sub rogue

Even DH tanks have a hard time realizing that I'm bleeding (night blading?) them out before its too late, as long as they don't touch me they die pretty quick

Blood DK is most OP class atm. Does the most damage and healing (even over healers) when tanking lol.

Last edited:

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So do the WQ rewards not take into account your loot spec? Because I have only gotten resto spec trinkets even though I'm Guardian spec and Guardian loot spec.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I think it's random between all your specs, I know it definitely is that way when it comes to relics. I've gotten like 3 fire relics for Ashbringer and I haven't been ret at all other than when I first got the Ashbringer. My loot spec is almost always set to Holy.

Dynalisia

Lord Nagafen Raider
On top of the enormous disparity in how hidden artifact skins are obtained, I think it's really weird how some of their special effects are offensive and actually increase your power, and other are pure cosmetic. With the rest falling somewhere in between. This appearance shit is at the same time supercool and completely lopsided it seems.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just thought they were all skins. Not that they also added additional effects. When I searched for the list, some are very underwhelming in comparison to others and then some dont even have a special effect. Seems like if they added a special effect to one, they would do it to all? But then again, some of the skins arent even available yet - so maybe they'll come in a later patch?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
A druid named MsBehavin keeps tryin to 2v1 me with her druid friend and failing. Wonder if it's the FoH MsBehavin. It's gotta be.