World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
I just thought they were all skins. Not that they also added additional effects. When I searched for the list, some are very underwhelming in comparison to others and then some dont even have a special effect. Seems like if they added a special effect to one, they would do it to all? But then again, some of the skins arent even available yet - so maybe they'll come in a later patch?

iirc they did mention there are plans for skins late into the expansion, and possibly more abilities but that wasn't confirmed.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well the my monk is also 110 now. Lots of work still to do on him, class hall campaign, Stormheim and Suramar, and tons of crafting quests.

I haven't finished Suramar on the DH yet either.

So much to do, so little time.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
It seemed like the ilevel area around 820 and only two relics is about 140-150k average for me. As soon as I got my third relic I jumped up to about 180 and Ive been steadily climbing as I get higher ilvl. 844 ilvl right now and I do about 200-220k dps in Heroic groups and about 10kish more in Mythic. The build up is not near as bad as people that dont play the class would lead you to believe. No where near as long as Warlocks build up currently is. Once you start rolling in a dungeon and stick to a golden rule of 5 maximum SW P's out, and only 2 VT's out, you'll cleave enough to get where people "think" you need to be. Continue to build your haste, it is the number one most essential stat Ive found that increases my damage.

Your big cleave classes like Demon Hunter's do face roll shit in there, but the higher ilvl you get with the proper stats - the less that gap is. With everything enchanted, at base im at just over 8000 haste. In combat I jump up to about 58% haste by the time void ends and the lingering buff keeps me there afterwards until I reenter void form.
Good advice, I definitly need more haste. I'm ilvl 838 with all 3 relics open but only 6900 haste. It's gotten to the point where I'm using lesser ilvl gear just to increase haste. Didn't know the 2 vts 5 swp rule either. I'll try that next dungeon I run. Provided I don't get stuck healing it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
If anyone here has the cooking profession and/or needs Leyblood the Flashwyrms in Azurewing Repose in the cave in Aszuna drop a ton of it and respawn instantly. You can farm 200 leyblood in about 5 minutes.

Get it while you can. Almost surely will be hotfixed.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
If anyone here has the cooking profession and/or needs Leyblood the Flashwyrms in Azurewing Repose in the cave in Aszuna drop a ton of it and respawn instantly. You can farm 200 leyblood in about 5 minutes.

Yea noticed that shortly into launch, so I farmed up a couple stacks

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I just thought they were all skins. Not that they also added additional effects. When I searched for the list, some are very underwhelming in comparison to others and then some dont even have a special effect. Seems like if they added a special effect to one, they would do it to all? But then again, some of the skins arent even available yet - so maybe they'll come in a later patch?

Every artifact has a "hidden" effect; many are not known yet so they may have something and it just isn't discovered (but they could very well just have not given an effect to everyone). Some are visual, some flavorful, some actual combat enhancements. Skins don't change the effect. This was all from a guide on Wowhead so I trust it enough.

Isn't anything reliable out for the mage.

Frost artifact: Hidden Effect: achievement_reputation_kirintor_offensive.gif The Council's Wisdom - Memories of the Guardians of Tirisfal have helped you understand Ebonchill's latent powers. Experience and Reputation gains increased by 5% in the Broken Isles. After completing the quest_start.gif Memories of Ebonchill questline, you can speak to a Memories NPC to get this buff once a day. Lasts after you change specializations.

Hidden Artifact Weapon Appearances and Effects - Guides - Wowhead

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

In the same vane as this. If you need Big Gamy Ribs. Go to Nessingway's(High Mountain) and literally just south of his camp is like 10 hillstrider deer, they respawn almost instantly. I farmed about 600 in 10 or so minutes.

I did the Wyrms and this for the eventual crit food, once the GM gives me the recipe because the mob that drops it sometimes doesn't and its supposed to be 100%(as its a "Rare" so its kill once for loot and done).

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
What are you guys going for with the T4 Order Hall upgrades? The base 5% extra chance for the water elementals seems better off the top of my head, since the apprentices only get 15% if the mission has a spell component, which not many of them seem to, but am I missing something which would make that option more valuable?
This apparently makes them a counter to that spell component, which means they could act as "pseudo-champions", thus potentially freeing a champion for another mission.

The 5% chance for water elementals still make them weaker than the other troops, so at best, that means expending 10 ressources (one lesser troop's vitality) instead of 28 (one major troop's vitality), so it gives you 18 ressources per mission where the bonus would apply.

If you hunt for mission bonus rather than just success, you're always using major troops so the bonus to lesser is not very meaningful.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So do the WQ rewards not take into account your loot spec? Because I have only gotten resto spec trinkets even though I'm Guardian spec and Guardian loot spec.

The rewards are shown before you do the quest. They do not take spec in to account. They are static.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I've noticed between my alts that the rewards for relics are the same for everyone - but if none of your artifacts use that relic type, the reward offered is a trinket. I've only got a paladin, rogue, and DH to 110 with WQs unlocked, so my sample size is fairly small, but I'm 90% sure that's how it works.

As someone else mentioned a while ago, the ilevel of the rewards are in a 20(?) ilevel range determined by your average ilevel. You can see this yourself by watching the ilevel of rewards go from 800-805 when you just unlock WQs to 810-815 after your average ilevel is 800+ and again to 820-825 when you hit 815 ilevel. Of course, if it procs Titanforged then it can be as high as 850, but you won't know whether your reward will upgrade until you collect it.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
haha so Paladins have to make a DK to get their hidden artifact appearance?

Fury artifact hidden ability has been awesome, on the last boss in Arcway i had them proc when i died and ended up finishing him off with just me and the tank standing. (if you die they randomly bring you back for 10-12 seconds and if you kill what killed you, you get a big heal and youre not dead).

Also fuck the withered army training, i've maxed it every single time other than the first, i hop in to do mine before heading to work zone in get to the first spider room and instantly teleported to Moonguard. I open a ticket and hear "we're aware there is a problem with the scenario but we can't refund your mana, or reset the quest, thanks!" so im now 3 days farther behind in the rep grind and have to farm the 2k mana again (not a huge deal) but seriously? fix your shit.

Khane

Also fuck the withered army training, i've maxed it every single time other than the first, i hop in to do mine before heading to work zone in get to the first spider room and instantly teleported to Moonguard. I open a ticket and hear "we're aware there is a problem with the scenario but we can't refund your mana, or reset the quest, thanks!" so im now 3 days farther behind in the rep grind and have to farm the 2k mana again (not a huge deal) but seriously? fix your shit.

This is the first expansion I played day one where I hadn't done a ton of reading and research and knew how everything worked and that damn training scenario has burned me. The first two times I did it I had no idea how good the rewards were and how much rep it gave so I just facerolled it and got nowhere because I just didn't care. I wanted to get it over with. I also had no idea there were chests in there, everywhere. I'm still not 8k rep into honored yet as a result and can't run the two dungeons.

Also, I opened a ticket about the quest loot for Fallen Power not dropping from the boss if you've already done him on Mythic and got a response that it's working as intended. So that's another way I burned myself for not researching every single goddamn quest in the game before I ran dungeons.

Neither one of those things are huge deals but it's just annoying, especially the quest rewards not dropping in Mythics.

Khane

I really like what they've done with the professions in this expansion. You actually have to play the character you have your professions on this time around and it makes it feel a lot more like actual tradeskilling.

One thing I don't quite understand though is the cooking feasts. The highest feast only gives 200 stat which is lower than even the lowest level food. Also, a required ingredient for the feasts is crispy bacon but you can increase the time on your food by up to six hours with the use of that ingredient on much better food (375 stat). I'm assuming better feasts will drop from raid bosses but nothing seems to be datamined about that.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Revered Nightfallen neckbeard reporting

that also irked me, i hit revered and get a quest to "hit exalted" ...really? thats all? i know there is another quest about midway through revered but i expected there to be something at revered other than buying a party mask.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
My run was blown when half my retards leaped off the balcony into the spider pit. The only thing I got out of it was the item to make them flee less often.

An hour or so later I finished the 2k mana cap. Grumble.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
My run was blown when half my retards leaped off the balcony into the spider pit.

double post!

So i've noticed this bug in a few areas, so if for some reason a withered cannot draw LoS to a mob that you're attacking (or the mob dies before the withered can attack it) it will target another mob with the same name. so i kill the little spiderlings in that room while the withered are still around the corner, que the withered jumping down and attacking all the spiderlings they can find. same thing happens with any of the packs of spiderlings/eggs.