World of Warcraft: Current Year

Argarth

On the verandah
Really wishing I had decided to main my warrior instead of druid. Arms is just completely right up my alley.

I've been really slow to commit to a main, because I'm worried that the same thing would happen to me.

What with all the gating changes to profs and the impossibility of getting my army of Alts to cap and to decent power/crafting level, I've taken a completely different approach this go around.

Been playing steadily through nearly every artifact quest/spec for my 9 x 100s, trying really hard to forget the past and what I've liked/disliked in previous expansions, or what I think I'll hate/like in legion. There have been so many drastic changes, and as difficult as it is, I've been surprised. For example, I'm actually enjoying all three hunter specs, even though on paper I thought I would never touch my hunter again. Guess I've changed just as much as the class.

My only "must have" rule is that IF the spec/class I choose to main is not DPS, then I MUST really really like the DPS spec as well. I'm a grinder, I like to grind for long stretches sometimes to relax.

Progress so far:

Assassination Rogue (can barely tolerate the other two, especially disappointed in Sub, WTF Blizzard)
Arms/Prot Warrior (Arms is great)
Enhancement Shaman (lukewarm on Enh, so probably no)
Prot/Ret Paladin (don't like the way judgement works for Ret at all, really pissed that will probably mean no to Pally)
Hunter (like all three specs for different reasons)
Mage (Fire, haven't tried the other specs yet)

Still to go:

Monk
Demon Hunter

Benched:

Druid, (Resto was main through most of TBC and Wrath) because I don't want to main-heal in Legion, and I'm still lukewarm about the other 3 specs.
Annoyed about the crafting gating in particular, because my Druid is my maxed Herb/Alch/Cook/Fisher and always has been. Maybe I'll level it up later in the expansion.

Last edited:

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Lots and lots of AP from suramar. I would do it. You could wait for a few more ranks of AK then do it or w/e, but definitely don't ignore it.
Flying is currently not achievable, so it's not that important, but you need to do it at one point on at least one character.

(I'm currently at 5/11 myself, since I have time)

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Currently cannot complete the "Down to Azsuna" quest which is what starts the zone for you. The question mark is on my world and minimaps, but the NPC is just not there.
I had to delete the quest and then he shows up right there. Known bug according to wowhead. Yeah this is the buggiest expansion I have ever experienced.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Arcway and Court of Stars are both gated behind 8k/12k honored Suramar rep. 11/11 Suramar campaign will be required to unlock flying. Also a good number of quests give a nice amount of AP.

Those are the reasons I can think of.

Crap loads of AP from doing the quests and the withered stuff can give equipment for your champions. Honestly it is a really fun zone with lots of stuff to do there and pretty good rewards for doing it.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Seems about right at least for balance druid. Pretty high on single target less so on the trash and evens out to be solidly middle of the pack over all.

What are the particular boss fights in EN that would showcase single target or multi-target DPS comparisons? I doubt there is a stitches equivalent, but there might be more refined ways to analyze things even with the small sampling available to date.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have not seen the boss by boss break downs yet I won't be running nightmare till this weekend when I have some time. From dungeons though I am generally top or near top on single target fights but in fast burst or multi targets I am pretty middle of the pack so it generally evens out to my DPS being pretty solidly towards the middle over all.

I am pretty statisfied though with my boomkin so far although I would like if the lunar strike power spread moonfire as it is a bit of a pain in the ass to have with the initial ramp up of dots and then getting starfall rolling. I think starfall probably should also have its cost put down to 50 by default and the talent dropping it to 40. The main use for it is burning lots of trash adds and it simply takes longer than it should to get rolling. Once you get it up and firing its pretty easy to maintain but the initial ramp up takes a bit.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I get the WQ for the "Fires of Heaven" Artifact stone and it Titanforged. It seems appropriate.

If my radar no longer shows the mana gem sources in Suramar, what should I do to fix this? I tried undoing and redoing the points and that did not fix it. Is this a cache thing and if so, please remind me of the steps.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
So I get the WQ for the "Fires of Heaven" Artifact stone and it Titanforged. It seems appropriate.

If my radar no longer shows the mana gem sources in Suramar, what should I do to fix this? I tried undoing and redoing the points and that did not fix it. Is this a cache thing and if so, please remind me of the steps.
Uhh you get a blue item clicky that adds a buff (blue runestine looking one) that tracks ancient mana stuffs. Don't remember the name if the item

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

Try clicking the stone in your inventory for it again. That should turn on the tracking again if it turns off.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser

'Fires of Heaven' seems to always roll as Warforged/Titanforged. The only times I've gotten it as a blue item was from a WQ-turnin bag. As a result my Fire weapon is a much higher ilevel than my Arcane which doesn't help the "Fire is better" situation at all.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
No, it really doesn't (mine didn't roll up at all). Confirmation bias at its best.

Cleared normal Nightmare last night, Xav is a motherfucker. Ursoc is the closest fight to a patchwerk and I'd say Heart of Igglypuff would be an "add" fight.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
We had to actually use the fucktarded expensive consumables to kill Ursoc in time on heroic after several 5% wipes. 3-5 million burst per potion per person. And, really, the room filling up with poop is almost redundant with how hard the AOE hits by that point. (hooray Feint)

The tree is a complete shitshow for melee. Several mechanics where all you can do is stand and watch while ranged continue to fire away. Melee are a total hindrance. Luckily, not much of a dps check.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Oh shit the raid was opened? Had it in my head it was next week, I have some catching up to do...

Last edited:

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Is it me or do the firemage legendaries suck ass except for the timewarp one? One of them wants you to hardcast pyroblasts on the 1/5 chance that it does some more damage.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Heres a video of everything up to Xavius on Heroic, it includes wipes etc so you can see positioning for some of the bosses as well as some of the mechanics.

Kreugen what did you think was unfriendly about the tree? was it the aoe explosions from the blobs + the interior eye mechanics?

Malkav

French Madman
Looks like cheap ass raiders still buy plenty of draenor potions and flasks.

Leveled alchemy to 700 on my druid yesterday with draenor flasks and pots (just had to collect all the shit herbs on my various alts banks), and decided to dump everything on the AH.

Little did I know that it would earn me 20K. With how cheap draenor herbs are, it's pure benefice.