World of Warcraft: Current Year

Zalere

N00b
Why do you like warrior over druid? Still debating coming back but been trying to pick a tank class and I think it's between those two. I don't like dh, monk, nor dk, their tanking rotations require too much attention for my taste. This is based on wowhead info, obviously I haven't played them yet.

I'm not a fan of the paladin class, so it's just druid and warrior. I've played both a lot, probably the most over my wow career, but leaning towards warrior.

Ignore pain for the Warrior is nuts right now, but even still, Druids are by far the easiest to heal I've found so far. They just don't take take any damage. DHs are the hardest. This is just from Mythic dungeons though, so we'll find out how it shakes out in raids tomorrow I reckon'.

Argarth

On the verandah
Any Arms warrior using Focused Rage talent?

I've been using Mortal Combo till now, and FR changes the entire flow of the spec imo. Just can't get into the "press this button 3 times before using Mortal Strike" process.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Ignore pain for the Warrior is nuts right now, but even still, Druids are by far the easiest to heal I've found so far. They just don't take take any damage. DHs are the hardest. This is just from Mythic dungeons though, so we'll find out how it shakes out in raids tomorrow I reckon'.
We are using a DK and Warrior for tanks in raiding and our healers haven't had issues healing them with running only 3 heals.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider

DH are annoying to heal. They take loads of damage but can self heal so their health ping pongs all over the place. It's like a worse version of Blood DK (who take less damage and self heal a shit ton to the point that their healing can be like 80% of a healer's). Druids are solid though, beefy as shit they are.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Any Arms warrior using Focused Rage talent?

I've been using Mortal Combo till now, and FR changes the entire flow of the spec imo. Just can't get into the "press this button 3 times before using Mortal Strike" process.

I use arms without focused rage on my alt warrior's alt spec. He's normally a tank. But fuck that noise trying to buff up my attack. I still do great dps without it and haven't ran into any issues with it yet.

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
I'm not using FR, it doesn't feel right to play, but I'm also not using mortal combo, I've gone with in for the kill at that level. I'm still unsure on whether arms is better than fury for open world stuff, it's great with lots of small mobs but I think twice about attacking a rare type over a few million hp as having no heals until mob dies sucks, at least with fury you have an oh-shit to combine with the multi heals. In dungeons it's a bit of a wash, fury better on trash and arms slightly ahead for bosses in my experience.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
As a result my Fire weapon is a much higher ilevel than my Arcane which doesn't help the "Fire is better" situation at all.
Eh, my Holy staff is now 875 while the main spec Shadow artifact is stuck at 871... I blame the game for giving only Holy, Life and Shadow WQ, and never a Blood one.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I swear my panda is broken - still burning shit - the success rate is abysmal - However it can be my luck, ran the raid and only items got were from bonus rolls and just 1 quest piece 1/30 - feels bad.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Single damn flask on the ah tonight. 300% markup. 6k lol

Druids tanks still suck. Warriors have aoe stun which is perfect for mythic+. They sucked in draenor cause dk had the aoe grip. I'm slowly switching to resto

Malkav

French Madman
Druids are the second best tanks after warriors (because of OP ignore pain) from the general consensus.

No AOE stun but Incapacitating Roar and Typhoon help for mass interrupts and to get a breath.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Playing a main DH tank, Bliz need to do something to fix us because right now the spikes are just so anoying and this upcomong 10% damage nerf to all tanks is a double nerf to DH's are we need our damage for the heals which is our tank "gimick" so not only we will do less damage we will heal for a lot less as well.

Now don't get me wrong something needed to change as soloing 5 man mythic bosses was not that hard as a DH but they need to increase our surviability if they are going to hit us with this nerf. Seems to me blizzard not looking at the bigger picture here and nerfing us for 5 mans while not buffing us for raids

Last edited:

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
my Co-tank is a DH, he's a really good player and was previously our primary tank in Draenor on his DK. I've had to taunt off him early with the way his damage spikes when he gets down to 10% to save healers from blowing their load on him to stop him from dieing.

So far i'm not impressed with DH tanking. I'm loving warrior tanking, im number 2 or 3 in heals on most fights (due to ignore pain) and with the aoe stun + HoV stun trinket from odyn we are very handy in mythics. we dont do near the damage that a DH or DK does but we require far less in healing.

I really like druids since they can do everything but i hate that you are either 1. tauren, 2. troll, 3. bear/cat/owl/tree. i'd totally roll a druid if they could be Orcs/forsaken(makes no sense)/goblin(also makes no sense). i spend too much time playing with transmogs to be stuck in an animal form 90% of the time.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Why do you like warrior over druid? Still debating coming back but been trying to pick a tank class and I think it's between those two. I don't like dh, monk, nor dk, their tanking rotations require too much attention for my taste. This is based on wowhead info, obviously I haven't played them yet.

I'm not a fan of the paladin class, so it's just druid and warrior. I've played both a lot, probably the most over my wow career, but leaning towards warrior.

Druids are great fun. Warriors are more fun.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I also seem to recall druids always being great tanks at expansion launch because of hp but they always move down the list