World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Uh so I got a quest item (shiny shard) or something from my Kirin Tor emissary chest. Have to kill a bunch of dalaran citizens. Anyone else got this? They have 10mil hp and the one I tried was hitting me as a tank for 300k -1.6mil
They're all basically clones of MoP world rares. You should be alright taking them down, though you can lure other players to assist. The final reward is a pet... that is Khadgar's head floating in a bubble.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Yea it should be less than, sorry about that. the devastate is useless if you don't get a SS proc from it in the grand scheme of rage generation = more survivability. I'll edit it

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm looking at this perhaps a bit too simplistically, but my base comparison would be over 2 GCD:

devastate + 30% * 10 rage
vs
revenge + devastate

Isn't the latter better? Yes, it's ignoring some synergies between shield block and shield slam, especially if you have heaver repercussions(probably save to assume?). I have not tanked much, so I don't know if you can ignore threat generation either.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
depends if its single target or not. I have had no problems holding threat, the only time i usually lose it is to DH tanks that does stupid damage. in 5 mans, i revenge pretty much every time its available, on boss fights i generally spam devastate/SS/Revenge if its up or if i just proc'd vengeance off of ultimatum and want a little higher bump to my IP.

I think every Prot warrior running EN has taken heavy repercussions as well, its also why the magic number of 20% haste is so important because with HR you can shieldblock 100% of the time at 20% haste.

I'll also caveat this and say i am not the best theorycrafter, this is all stuff from the Warrior Discord group and a few of the better known Twitch Warriors.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I hope Blizzard knows the only reason their arena tournament has 40k viewers is because you get a title for watching at the end of it, not because anybody gives a fuck about arena.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I "watched" the Arena broadcast while I was doing the daily Heroic dungeon + WQ and I think I could feel my braincells dying.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Man, sometimes it's hard to stay a healer. Running a Mythic +5 DHT, and getting fucked on dragon boss. Down draft, straight into falling rocks, I couldn't not take a few ticks, but I just wasn't getting the healing output to keep myself or others alive. Finally got it, but fuck me. Unavoidable damage is annoying as fuck... meanwhile the DPS is back there swinging their Big Ds chill AF...

This is all nothing new. It's the healers fault regardless of what happens in the fight, but so salty about it tonight compared to other nights. Not sure why.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mryd

Golden Knight of the Realm
Man, sometimes it's hard to stay a healer. Running a Mythic +5 DHT, and getting fucked on dragon boss. Down draft, straight into falling rocks, I couldn't not take a few ticks, but I just wasn't getting the healing output to keep myself or others alive. Finally got it, but fuck me. Unavoidable damage is annoying as fuck... meanwhile the DPS is back there swinging their Big Ds chill AF...

This is all nothing new. It's the healers fault regardless of what happens in the fight, but so salty about it tonight compared to other nights. Not sure why.

I'm with you. I'm maining mistweaver for mythic+ and although I enjoy it, I get stressed the fuck out way too much. I'm constantly slamming my keys as fast as I can. Every GCD counts. Everything gets way too intense. And like you said, it would be a different story if the healer wasn't automatically blamed EVERY time. Tempted to roll windwalker and get my dick hard over trying to top the meters. Seems much more enjoyable.

P.s forgot to mention I am pugging a lot of these mythics+. That is probably my main problem.

Last edited:

Wurstsalat

Silver Knight of the Realm
If you are a healer, try playing mythic+ in guild groups. I am always thankful for good healing in groups and i always let my healers know about it.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
For all these healers talking about being under appreciated, just go DPS. Seriously. I'm sure you'll be well compensated and showered with praise and accolades at how well you perform while not standing in shit.