World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Last night was my groups first xavius kill. ZyyzYzzy died at the beginning of P3 so I had to tank the boss the whole phase. Had 10 stacks of his debuff meaning i took over a 1M damage per second. Somehow we won...

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Are there really? I am leveling a dps but on my main all I have is tank spec. I feel like it's super easy.

Yeah. I main a prot warrior and I like to think I'm pretty decent tank and it's easy as hell. I started working my druid up healer spec and even in super easy leveling dungeons I'm running into tanks that stand in shit, don't use active mitigation, and other stupid things.

Mryd

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah. I main a prot warrior and I like to think I'm pretty decent tank and it's easy as hell. I started working my druid up healer spec and even in super easy leveling dungeons I'm running into tanks that stand in shit, don't use active mitigation, and other stupid things.
I get blown away by the tanks that don't use active mitigation. Demon Hunters and Paladins are the main offenders.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For all these healers talking about being under appreciated, just go DPS. Seriously. I'm sure you'll be well compensated and showered with praise and accolades at how well you perform while not standing in shit.
After sleeping on it, and re-reading my post, it certainly comes off as bitching about wanting a fucking cookie. However, that was not my intention.

Mryd said it well, that it's just fucking stressful as fuck, and if you fuck up, the group wipes, and it fucking sucks. Most of the PuGs I've been in don't even blame me, and even last night, the group that was frustrating said better to learn the mechanics now than on higher M+ levels. They were cool, but it still sucked ass being so stressed out in which I always felt was a relaxing environment. I mentioned this to a guildy last night, that the higher the M+, it doesn't get more stressful for a DPS, because they just keep doing the same rotation and pumping out higher and higher DPS. The "don't stand in shit" mechanic doesn't change.

I feel the higher the level goes on Mythics, the more stressful it gets for a Healer, and I feel there is a disparity there. That difference was just getting to me enough last night that I decided to bitch about it.

GonzytheMage

Last night was my groups first xavius kill. ZyyzYzzy died at the beginning of P3 so I had to tank the boss the whole phase. Had 10 stacks of his debuff meaning i took over a 1M damage per second. Somehow we won...

How funny that's exactly how our first kill went down.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I also had to tank a horror on the tree boss solo and had like 12 stacks of his debuff. I had like 2 full stacks of ignore pain every time he blasted me and it was still knocking me to like to talk 10%

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm so conflicted on whether or not I want to continue to camp this Large Vile Ooze for the Corrupted Ashbringer. On the one hand, they'll surely cave to popular demand and make the respawn more reasonable. On the other, if they don't give a fuck about popular demand then in a few days when all the filthy casuals start getting AK6 there will be even MORE competition here.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Trying for Afflic hidden artifact is stupid. Have to kill 1 type of enemy over and over in a WQ heavy area for a chance at a drop that has you kill like 15 WQ bosses that are humanoid only and have like 40+ mil health each.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
This slime is on a variable 40 minute to 24 hour spawn window, faction tagged, and limited to 5 tags. After that you get to look forward to 800-2,000+ Fishing casts.

I'm looking at about 40 other paladins spamming consecrate on the slime's spawn point and 30 or so more fishing on the shoreline.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Argarth

On the verandah
This slime is on a variable 40 minute to 24 hour spawn window, faction tagged, and limited to 5 tags. After that you get to look forward to 800-2,000+ Fishing casts.

I'm looking at about 40 other paladins spamming consecrate on the slime's spawn point and 30 or so more fishing on the shoreline.

This post instantly teleported me back to memories of spawn camping in FFXI, and Lu Shang's fishing rod... o_O

Last edited:

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Lock does not deal weak damage, and the buffs they got in the last patch made them even more respectable.
I think Destro is in an ok place now, but still little reason to take one over a Fire Mage given how varied the mage toolkit is. Ranged is in a really weird spot right now. Nothing is OP, Fire is in a really good spot. Hunters still bring massive utility and SPriests are great on the more single target fights. Everything else is hot shit.

Mryd

Play brewmaster and you must use active mitigation or die!

Hahaha. I was trying brewmaster. I love the class fantasy, I love the aesthetic, I love the keg smashing. I even got the badass hidden artifact appearance with the 1000 pvp kills. But, it is just so unenjoyable to play. You gotta bust your balls to be half as good as another tank. Not to mention overcoming the stigma that the class has right now. There is a reason brewmasters have gone extinct.

Crazy how the class changed so much that Celestalon had to go to the forums to type up a "brewmaster for dummies" thread and then literally tell the best brewmaster players in the world that "you're playing it wrong."

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I've done mythic+4 so far as a Brewmaster. It's doable but you have to manage your brews precisely. Know when to clear stagger and when to ironskin. Mix in blackout combo to empower Flamebreath, keg smash, and your brews or you're playing at disadvantage. Meanwhile your health is always around 30-60% of HP if you're playing optimally.

Celestial Fortune is awesome and all but damn man. Why play tank on a tightrope when you can just play warrior?

I expect Brewmaster will get buffed eventually. I really love the spec and I even enjoy the complexity of playing it. But it needs to be more rewarding to do so.

Last edited:

Mryd

Same dude. I agree with you 100%. I just got off trying my blood deathknight again and found it pretty boring. I still enjoyed it but it is a 180 from the intensity of a brewmaster. I love the idea of a more intense tank. But as you said, not sure why I would walk on a tightrope to cross the street when I could just cross the street.

I'm presuming you roll with a good healer buddy who knows that it is normal for you to hover around 35%? (with those gift of the ox orbs) I think a lot of healers have heart attacks when they see a brewmaster drop down to 35% (where they stabilize) which results in brewmasters being seen as squishy.

I'm keeping faith that they will buff brewmasters as well. Gonna keep hoarding brewmaster gear during mythics. They gotta buff them eventually right? Right? The class representation for tanks is like 4%.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I roll with a druid healer HOTS work extremely well for Celestial Fortune to be optimal as you get more crit chances with hot ticks than like Paladin heals. But he's aware that if I am at half health I am not necessarily in any danger. But since he's quite good at the game and I still had to explain in detail the nature of the mechanic that is absolutely fail design IMO. It is so counter-intuitive to play optimally you need to constantly be hitting the 35% threshold in order to abuse the Obstinate Determination Trait. For raiding progression its just an unsafe tank to bring. Compartively.

DK is similar in that they can heartstrike to full... but for a heals to need to be aware of another classes resources to know when to spend mana or not is nuts.

Some math analysis on MMO Champion put the disparity. With a warrior and a BRM a warrior can use a combo of spell deflect and IP to take 0 damage on a multitude of bosses/mechanics. While BRM can just stagger 100% of the damage... but still take all of it. Which is fucked.

Cybsled

Just finished the main monk campaign on my Brew. Felt kind of anti-climactic. Should unlock Stormbrew as a perma Brew that BrM can use to help shore up how much help they need vs. other tanks;p

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I was really surprised how easy TJT's BM was to heal in Mythic+3. I'm a pretty mediocre healer and the only times he died was when I screwed up. Overall brew doesnt seem too bad at all, just yea, more stressful with the healthbar bouncing all over the place