World of Warcraft: Current Year

Qwirb

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hopefully they don't try to "fix" that system and just scrap it. Relics are bad enough without the rng.

Last edited:

Artifa

N00b
Well that fuckin blows about the relics. I was looking forward to it.

What were the complaints against the double trait thing? You couldn't get a relic that was 2x the same trait, and the bonus trait was always a throughput one. So to me it seemed like the change would have been a positive one, it made the shittiest relics much better by baking in some type of throughput trait also, which would close the gap between the worst and best relics.

Qwirb

The second trait didn't roll until the relic was bound to you so it put people in the position where they'd have to roll for the same relics every week in the search for the perfect combo of base trait/rng trait/wf/tf.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The second trait didn't roll until the relic was bound to you so it put people in the position where they'd have to roll for the same relics every week in the search for the perfect combo of base trait/rng trait/wf/tf.

Yes, the last thing this game needs is even more RNG. Relics are already rare enough.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
AP from quests is worthless as is. Can't say that'll really change that.
100k for elite quests isn't bad, some of them go to 150k. I was assuming with increased AK (along with the increase in ilvl of WQ rewards) that the base AP on the items would increase as well.

Qwirb

If they added some repeatable (preferably farmable, not time gated) way to reroll the secondary traits on relics that you already have it would probably be fine. Something like 5-10k order resources or a pile of AP.

The main thing I don't want to do is have to roll against guild mates every week for relics that may or may not end up being an upgrade.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
No wonder they scrapped it if the 2nd trait didn't roll until you socketed it. Wow.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
No wonder they scrapped it if the 2nd trait didn't roll until you socketed it. Wow.
I understand why they wanted it that way; they wanted it to only be a bonus. They just underestimated the player base... of course people will continually try to take relics until they get the PERFECT combo.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The problem is you don't know if it's an upgrade until you socket it. What if it was a downgrade? That's fucking horse shit lol

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, exactly. Maybe they saw it as the equivalent of tier having a chance to proc WF/TF/Socket (you don't know until it's bound to you). The major difference is that [for many specs] the best artifact trait(s) have way more impact than tier upgrade bonuses.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
I still don't understand the reasoning behind relics not being able to be swapped in/out. There's a lot of relics in the game that I would use in a lot of different situations but no fucking way am I taking a blessing relic over a bigger crit heal on holy shock without being able to save the holy shock relic.

Qwirb

I really don't understand it either. Relic choices are pretty dynamic, which is a good thing imo, but then they neuter it by not allowing you to reuse them. Missed opportunity.

Also, my understanding of the scrapped system was that the bonus trait rolled when you looted it, kind of like wf/tf on a tier token, not when you slotted it. So you wouldn't screw yourself by slotting it over a superior relic but you would potentially be taking it from someone who could make better use of it.

Last edited:

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
i think the tokens for tier pieces should say the ilevel they are going to turn into instead of giving 1 person 6-7 tokens hoping one tf week after week.

Another night of Krosus wipes, mid way through the night we hear "everybody stand in your soak areas so we can see whats being covered" and our mage goes "where is my spot?"...we need a bench because fuck that shit.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
^ Agreed. Shouldn't be left to chance. If it showed the ilvl, that would at least guarantee that everyone knew what they were getting into in master loot situations.

Of course, they'd probably come back with some garbage like "think of the thrill when a tier piece titanforges, and how disappointed people would be if they can't have that instant gratification".

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The -forged system is absolute garbage.

Just give us appropriate gear for the content we are doing and let that be it. Throwing some lottery on top of that is stupid. It's an artificial way to extend content.

I say all this fully realizing I'm not a mythic raider and I'm basically trash and my opinion doesn't matter.... For now...

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I say all this fully realizing I'm not a mythic raider and I'm basically trash and my opinion doesn't matter.... For now...

What a peasant, coming in here with your logic and shit. Logic only applies to mythic raiders, you know. The rest of us should be happy to get vendor trash drops.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
we also got double vanq on elisande, double vanq on gul'dan, double vanq on MTriliax...thx rng for not dropping a single piece of protector (still need a helmet =/)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'd rather be in FOH at 9/10H than be in a 1/10M or 3/10M guild struggling to fill a roster or have raiders log in

Plus we're probably going to be doing mythic soon

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Missed the last two weeks due to medical issues and it looks like I'll be out of commission for another month and a half.

Guess my wow adventure is over.