World of Warcraft: Current Year

tezzuka

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I dont know, I had a good time farting around with WQs and new quests and dungeon. I really don't think it was bad at all. Also that new dungeon, did anyone try that +9? Me, skimms, myx, blackt, len finished a +5 and that 1st boss put us through our paces.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well that explains all the fucking input lag I was experiencing in raid last night.
Apparently it's set to the max of "400" right now. You can change it with a macro and I guess there's an addon that fixes it (ALREADY) where it changes the value every 30s to be in line with your actual latency.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I haven't played in months, and re-subbed this weekend for the patch. I had a decent time actually (helps that my huntard is like 861 ilvl, haha), and I thought the new dungeon was pretty good - wasn't totally faceroll on heroic for my n00b group.

Also, I love that I'm now artifact knowledge 26 or whatever doing minimal effort and getting 500k ap per world quest. Almost have weapon to 35 now. Seems like a fun thing to dick around with to get flying and gear up lower geared players

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So is the fact that Im only getting 1 AP token per M+ run a bug or is than intended? Because getting 675k AP per run (for an Arcway) when I used to get 300k per run is not a 4x increase....

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I like this ilvl vs mob thing, I'm running around doing WQs with my ring off. POW!

Last edited:

Lowball

Trakanon Raider
What's crazy to me is did they really put stuff out like the level scaling with no large scale testing? That's software 101 right there. People over the years have tried this at work and I've seen some serious stuff go wrong because of it - often with emergency patches. The difference for us of course was our customers could just leave - people will still play this game.

Typed out a long response and deleted it - my texting habits are overtaking my forum posting format apparently. I will say that I agree, and added this to the pile of things that support my stance that management is the problem over there now. Also, the "we aren't deceptive, we're incompetent" defense. A true classic, really builds trust.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Hearing reports that Helya isn't rewarding the cutting edge achievement anymore. Anyone here kill it while waiting on Trilliax fixes last night that can confirm? Probably a bug, but who the fuck knows anymore with these incompetent shits.

Artifa

N00b
A lot of abilities have been broken since patch. Divine storm, and ive heard reports of DKs and frost mages having issues too. It seems to be spells that have a shaped projectile component to them, they are failing to deal damage to things that are clearly inside of their usual area of effect. Wouldn't be surprised if its related to the issues with trilliax beam and elisande rings seeing as those are moving projectiles with hitboxes also. but who knows.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Hearing reports that Helya isn't rewarding the cutting edge achievement anymore. Anyone here kill it while waiting on Trilliax fixes last night that can confirm? Probably a bug, but who the fuck knows anymore with these incompetent shits.
Guldan as well

Imagine spending a night wiping to pug guldan and you don't even get the achievement....

Qwirb

Silver Knight of the Realm
Speaking of undocumented changes - ran BRH+11 last night and it looks like they changed the graphic of the laser on the last boss and it can spin both ways now. Was pretty funny the first time it happened.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Typed out a long response and deleted it - my texting habits are overtaking my forum posting format apparently. I will say that I agree, and added this to the pile of things that support my stance that management is the problem over there now. Also, the "we aren't deceptive, we're incompetent" defense. A true classic, really builds trust.

I think it's a symptom of what they're trying to do with these big patches. There's no reason certain things can't be added to small patches in between big patches - stuff like ilvl scaling, quest reward increases, mailboxes, etc. They're instead trying to go "oh my gosh look at all this wonderful content we gave you" while simultaneously wanting us to ignore all of the bugs associated with it - even game-breaking bugs. If they want to keep doing this they're going to need to amp up their QA efforts. Like I said it's software engineering 101 stuff. Whether it's lack of management or just a poor vision I don't know. It definitely isn't building trust. Also we would've been fucked if yesterday was our raid day. How does something like that even slip through? Everyone does regression testing... everyone...

A lot of abilities have been broken since patch. Divine storm, and ive heard reports of DKs and frost mages having issues too. It seems to be spells that have a shaped projectile component to them, they are failing to deal damage to things that are clearly inside of their usual area of effect. Wouldn't be surprised if its related to the issues with trilliax beam and elisande rings seeing as those are moving projectiles with hitboxes also. but who knows.

I know it's most likely not this - but how fucking hilarious would it be if it was something like Tab Targetting that broke it.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
If you needed a macro for that easy shit, then I don't know what to say

I'm sorry but I don't want to ruin my fucking eyes staring at barrels across 5 alts. It's not hard, its just not fun in any way.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
So mythic trilliax's problem was that he summoned 2 beams with one being invisible, as long as they both moved together it was fine but since they can change direction randomly you were almost guaranteed to get pinched especially since you cant see them, luckily they fixed it mid raid. we noticed Skorp crystals randomly disappeared before shockwaves went out, and spellblade did some of her fire abilities during her frost phase but those were pretty easy to just dps through.

Raid dps overall seems to be a lot higher, we got Mythic Krosus on 2nd attempt after a bad add phase on the first. we had 2 down dps and 1 dead tank (me) and still beat him with 5 seconds to spare. this was with broken abilities like cinderstorm/sindragosa/divine storm/a few others.

I did notice i took a lot more damage on Mythic Krosus than i normally do, this could be due to us having a change of our healing lineup/not playing optimally/or the shitty 400MS thing since i push buttons pretty fast i could have easily overwrote one of my abilities waiting to be que'd.

The new dungeon is a pug killer i was literally the only person alive on every boss at the end with the last boss taking 5-6 attempts because people don't know how to dps shadows/not stand in shit. its pretty infuriating the amount of bad players that just stand still and spam cast things while aoe's are landing on top of them.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So mythic trilliax's problem was that he summoned 2 beams with one being invisible, as long as they both moved together it was fine but since they can change direction randomly you were almost guaranteed to get pinched especially since you cant see them, luckily they fixed it mid raid. we noticed Skorp crystals randomly disappeared before shockwaves went out, and spellblade did some of her fire abilities during her frost phase but those were pretty easy to just dps through.

Raid dps overall seems to be a lot higher, we got Mythic Krosus on 2nd attempt after a bad add phase on the first. we had 2 down dps and 1 dead tank (me) and still beat him with 5 seconds to spare. this was with broken abilities like cinderstorm/sindragosa/divine storm/a few others.

I did notice i took a lot more damage on Mythic Krosus than i normally do, this could be due to us having a change of our healing lineup/not playing optimally/or the shitty 400MS thing since i push buttons pretty fast i could have easily overwrote one of my abilities waiting to be que'd.

The new dungeon is a pug killer i was literally the only person alive on every boss at the end with the last boss taking 5-6 attempts because people don't know how to dps shadows/not stand in shit. its pretty infuriating the amount of bad players that just stand still and spam cast things while aoe's are landing on top of them.
The last boss is hilarious. I've only done it once, but the tank with Aegis couldn't figure out how to block shit so we'd get into the 30stack range and constantly die. It must have been 5 attempts before a guildmate (randomly through the pugfinder) said "It's a timer, so we can outdps it before the shadow phase starts." So we lusted on pull and spammed DPS cooldowns and won.

I'm not even sure I understand how the aegis part works, since I could see balls at the spawn of the shadows and then that was it... no other projectiles or anything.