World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
run through Normal+heroic EN as well you can run it in less than an hour with 1 tank at this point and just dps everything down en masse. mobs dont drop tokens 100% of the time but the last 2 i ran i got a combined total of 9 400k AP items.

same with NH and ToV just run normal/heroic and roll around in all the AP drops.

I'm with Alkorin Alkorin i'll keep doing the dailies/running dungeons at a leisurely rate and just wait for AK to pile up. i'm at 41 points after 43 i think im good.
Yeah normal NH you can do in 90 minutes and get 10 tokens easily

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Fun bug: if you are a fresh 110, when you ding, you get told to go to Dalaran (to pick WQs). Then, when you enter Dalaran, you get prompted to go to The Council of Six because Khadgar has made an interesting discovery (the beacon from First Arcanist Thalysra, which opens up the Suramar access). Then, when you turn it in, Khadgar instantaneously depops, and the version on the Dalaran landing platform pops for the Broken Shore scenario access pops... You can't pick anything except the Broken Shore quest (which is auto-accept when you click Khadgar and auto-validates)

And you are not able to open up Suramar until you have finished the Broken Shore scenario. Which makes no sense at all, and is a lot harder when you're ilvl 775 or so.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Took me more tries than I'm willing to admit, but I got the new appearance (as ret). That fight's no joke. Once I accepted that it was a pure mechanics fight and not a dps race (there's no enrage), I beat it. I kept trying to force it and tunnel because I knew I was close (around the 5 minute mark) and then I'd die every time. When I chose to do the mechanics instead of the damage, everything just kind of came together.

Ashbringer looks pretty good with the new appearance but I have to win 10 rated BGs to get the right color.

Malkav

French Madman
Did they implement bad luck protection on the dropped artifact skins or something?

I had been trying to get the Vengeance DH one for weeks at the beginning of the expansion without success, only to have it dropped yesterday when I'm just back to check out the patch content.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I've seen a bunch of them dropping for people in the last little while. Wouldn't really surprise me.

tezzuka

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Took me more tries than I'm willing to admit, but I got the new appearance (as ret). That fight's no joke. Once I accepted that it was a pure mechanics fight and not a dps race (there's no enrage), I beat it. I kept trying to force it and tunnel because I knew I was close (around the 5 minute mark) and then I'd die every time. When I chose to do the mechanics instead of the damage, everything just kind of came together.

Ashbringer looks pretty good with the new appearance but I have to win 10 rated BGs to get the right color.

i thought this wasnt going to be implemented till this week, what have i been reading?! where do you start this?

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Apparently the tank one is either bugged, really difficult, or has an unknown mechanic since people are fighting it for 8+ minutes and the boss is still well above 60%. the "dps" that is supposed to help you are permastunned.

I personally haven't tested it yet just going on peoples wowhead comments.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Did they implement bad luck protection on the dropped artifact skins or something?

I had been trying to get the Vengeance DH one for weeks at the beginning of the expansion without success, only to have it dropped yesterday when I'm just back to check out the patch content.

we had all 3 in EN drop in 1 run the bear, mistweaver staff, and shadow priest dagger. they upped the bad luck protection on ones that drop from mobs but i dont think they upped it on items that drop from chests/regular mobs, i'm still trying to get the WW fists.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I tried the Feltotem challenge scenario and gave it up after a few tries. I feel like I could finish it if I beat my head against it enough, but I don't want to invest all the effort for a skin that doesn't match any transmogs I have anyway lol.

So anyway, we have the Mage Tower...for now? wowhead and mmo-champion are saying its only available for 3 days...then what? We start all over grinding supplies? Man, fuck that.

I don't hate the game, but I feel kind of relieved this content is too grindy to appeal to me, because now I have no hooks to keep me from my Steam/PS4 backlog. I started playing Hollow Knight yesterday, fantastic game.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
yea you have the mage tower for 3 days then itll reset, after that we can either build the mage tower again or put points into the other buildings. their idea is that people would gradually rotate the buildings and not funnel everything into the mage tower (like everyone did).

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
God damn it. I'm going on a trip and I'm pretty sure my laptop won't handle doing the challenges.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So uh... this mage tower buff that gives extra artifact power? You can get tokens worth 540k AP from Chests around Broken Isles because they drop the shitty artifact power tokens which can proc that buff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Logged in and tried Kruul a couple of times, it's just... no. Guardian druid has it beat by cheesing the ground puddle mechanic, which is a bug and will be hotfixed any second now. Prot warrior? Haha, please.