World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Latest patch notes are on MMO champ. I can't copy and paste because it's long. Looks like all active mitigation stacks got nerfed, with monks probably the most effected by it. Includes all monk changes and demonstrates how our rotation will be super fun to play and very intuitive.

Other nerfs too, some to druid (maul on GCD). Probably gonna be close to what we'll see live.

MMO-Champion - Patch 7.2.5 PTR - Build 23910

Last edited:

Cybsled

The special delivery nerf sucks. Great and all you can trigger it on demand, but only doing 30% of its original damage blows.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Paladin continues to look like it's in the sweet spot. Ret got a minor nerf unfortunately but it's nothing too huge. They removed more of my AOE dmg for holy from dazzling blast or whatever the shit it's called but whatever.

Cybsled

I tried the tank challenge again. I didn't die as fast as last time, but the whole concept of the fight is still fucking dumb since it is still a gear/DPS check.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I tried the tank challenge again. I didn't die as fast as last time, but the whole concept of the fight is still fucking dumb since it is still a gear/DPS check.
I watched slootbag attempt it for 6 hours on his dk. He said the DH one is relatively easy but the other ones are just still ridiculous. I can't do it and I suspect it will take either great luck or heroic tos gear. I mean I'm 902 now and I get rocked. I feel I'm a competent player but I don't have the "right legendaries"

The adds just kill me too fast. Stagger does nothing!!

Rime

<Donor>
Pretty sure the challenges were tuned around 920/ToS gear. Sure, some people can do it before then, but most of us have to wait.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Mage tower up. Time to farm the shit out of chests again.

The usual ones out in the world can drop Legendaries too, if you haven't hit those yet either. Flying would make them stupid easier now, and they'll likely count towards your BLM as well. I know we've had at least 2 guildies get them that way.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
It seems like only the tank one is tuned for that high, most other classes are getting it in 20-30 attempts. My wife who is not a great player finished hers as assassination and is very close on the outlaw one. she parses mid-50's in our Heroic runs so the dps checks for the dps are actually lower than the tanks.

I did the windwalker one last night and im able to get the tauren down and the wurm down pretty low - feels infinitely doable if i clean up my rotation and maximize my cooldowns. i also did pretty well on the mistweaver one, and i've never played mistweaver except in an odd Battleground, i would need a bit more gear here since i was still wearing mostly tank gear.

the tank one still feels like a kick in the face compared. I'm getting buggy attempts where after 4 minutes velen has only dropped 2 orbs and im getting attempts where i push the inquisitor down super fast because velen drops 5000 orbs. I've had attempts where infernals turn mid slam cast and ive had attempts where the eyeball pulses dont show beams and just knock you off the platform. i had ~30 attempts last night but it still feels blatantly shitty atleast 10 of those attempts were wasted because of shitty bugs or just shitty rng on orbs. i've had probably 5 or so of those attempts actually be good.

At this point i would just pay someone to do the challenge for me so i dont have to deal with it.

on another note we got Mythic Helya, and Mythic Augur down last night, yay progress.

Last edited:

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Guild got mythic Elisande down last night right before the weekend which is nice. Hoping Guldan doesn't take forever so we get some sort of break before ToS.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The usual ones out in the world can drop Legendaries too, if you haven't hit those yet either. Flying would make them stupid easier now, and they'll likely count towards your BLM as well. I know we've had at least 2 guildies get them that way.

Legendary #1 for this round of mage tower farming achieved. Aggramar's Stride. Now the only 2 I have left that I can get as Frost are the trinket and legs. This is silly if it really does contribute and I'm not just the luckiest fucker ever.

Sephuz + Aggramar's = Ricky Bobby DK

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Legendary #1 for this round of mage tower farming achieved. Aggramar's Stride. Now the only 2 I have left that I can get as Frost are the trinket and legs. This is silly if it really does contribute and I'm not just the luckiest fucker ever.

Sephuz + Aggramar's = Ricky Bobby DK

What is the name of the chests you are farming? It's not the regular ones on BS right?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It is. They are called Veiled Wyrmtongue Chest when mage tower is up. Hidden Wyrmtongue Chest when mage tower isn't up

tezzuka

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I watched slootbag attempt it for 6 hours on his dk. He said the DH one is relatively easy but the other ones are just still ridiculous. I can't do it and I suspect it will take either great luck or heroic tos gear. I mean I'm 902 now and I get rocked. I feel I'm a competent player but I don't have the "right legendaries"

The adds just kill me too fast. Stagger does nothing!!

Last time I tried the dps/prot challenge, I felt like it was impossible. I got the healing bracers this week in the chest and tried the dps challenge and was able to get the hooker to 46% at 900ilvl and bad trinket and no food buff (i JUST read about the legion food buffs people use). I am going to give the tanking challenge some goes today and see what happens. imo they should have just normalized everyone to the same gear, and made it piss hard that way. o well.