World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Took me like 100 attempts to beat my challenge scenario last week.

About 20 attempts after I was lucky enough to get a Prydaz to drop I got the kill. Without the Prydaz I probably would not have beaten it.

Khane

They were probably all assassination rogues. I've heard one of the hunter ones is pretty easy as well.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
BM hunter is the same as WW monk, its pretty easy.

I wish they would release stats on how many of each spec completed it just for comparison.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Bnet down? Like I can't even get online with the launcher much less login to a que screen.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
It's also worth noting that their login services actually return a 404 right now. So, yeah, DDoS is most likey, and they have removed the ability to log in to battle.net temporarily to help stave off the impact on back end services.

As an aside, I love reading the MMO-Champion forums and watching as people who clearly have zero networking experience talk about why it isn't a DDoS. My favourite this morning was "the instance servers were still up, only the login was down, so it can't be a DDoS".

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
It's also worth noting that their login services actually return a 404 right now. So, yeah, DDoS is most likey, and they have removed the ability to log in to battle.net temporarily to help stave off the impact on back end services.

As an aside, I love reading the MMO-Champion forums and watching as people who clearly have zero networking experience talk about why it isn't a DDoS. My favourite this morning was "the instance servers were still up, only the login was down, so it can't be a DDoS".
Sound logic. Makes perfect sense.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
BM hunter is the same as WW monk, its pretty easy.

I wish they would release stats on how many of each spec completed it just for comparison.
I've only tried the Sigryn one (3 vrykul assaulting Halls of Valor) so I can't speak to the others, but that one seems like it'd be pretty much a defensive strategy/CC check more than a DPS race. I've seen strategies where even paladins will keep Sigryn CC'd (with repentance) as long as possible and just attack one at a time.

My simple cave man brain led me to do it ASAP and cleave all 3 as much as possible for as much DPS as possible (ret paladins have really good cleave). As soon as I accepted that lower damage throughput was ok, I beat it within an attempt or two. I still ended up beating it in about 5:30 (seen some post fights that were over 11 minutes!).

I believe assassination rogues have the same challenge so I could definitely see them thinking their challenge was trivial (since they have so many CCs in their toolkit).

Artifa

N00b
For some reason, once the servers came up, all 3 Broken Shore buildings are set to active right now. So i queued up my command center huge AP mission and went and did the world boss that's up. It's really weird that they're all completed now after the outage...

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I heard the server farm had a power outage, so they downed the servers cleanly before the backup power ran out.

I suspect Blizzard won't/can't care enough on a Holiday to "fix" the Broken shore buildings, and will probably let them stay up until the Tuesday downtime.

Khane

Hahahaha

They hotfixed the challenge mission to take 8 fucking days to complete. Now it's not even worth doing because keeping your champions tied up that long will be an AP loss in the long run. Who the fuck comes up with this shit?

EDIT: Nevermind I guess if you have the right mix of champions it lowers it down to 1 day

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Rime

<Donor>
Challenge mission duration is random as well, which is really lame. My Mage just had it with a base duration of 1 Day, 4 hours. Got it down to 22 hours. My Warlock alt has 3 Days and can get it down to a minimum of 2 Days, 18 hours.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I heard the server farm had a power outage, so they downed the servers cleanly before the backup power ran out.

I suspect Blizzard won't/can't care enough on a Holiday to "fix" the Broken shore buildings, and will probably let them stay up until the Tuesday downtime.

So a power outage has better game design skills than Ion Drive's team. Who could have guessed?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

They actually can't fix it at this point.

Think of the backlash when the few people who could log in got both the legendary follower equipment AND the world boss vs. all the people who couldn't log in because it happened on Easter Sunday.

Yea right.

Khane

I'll tell you what though, it's a strange proposition not having anything to spend my legionfall war supplies on

Khane

They buffed the shit out of the unstable nether portals

Guaranteed dauntless token + at least 15 war supplies and you can farm them as a group

Palum

what Suineg set it to
They buffed the shit out of the unstable nether portals

Guaranteed dauntless token + at least 15 war supplies and you can farm them as a group

Does it constantly spawn and do they drop nethershard to replenish cost at least?